Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. County Mounty
    Started by County Mounty,

    Thinking of transferring from Scotland to the Met. Can anyone tell me how much extra cash you get in your hand after tax and deductions with the London allowances? I've got 71/2 years service and get around £1500 in my hand before overtime. Also we get paid 4 weekly. Is it the same there or is it per calender month? Cheers County Mounty

    • 9 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. daleyn456
    Started by daleyn456,

    I had a final interview for GMP today and was unsuccessful. I then was told by GMP that i would have to start at the beginning and send in an application form after 6 months if I wanted to reapply. I thought this was ridiculous as most forces say the assessment is valid for 12 months. After calling every force (in the whole of the UK) only Essex is currently recruiting and will take on applicants with a valid assessment centre result within the last 12 months. After calling Cheshire they have said that they will accept my application but they do not know if they will be recruiting before March when my assessment result will expire. Unless I want to start EVERYTHING a…

    • 3 replies
    • 944 views
  3. warriors2008
    Started by warriors2008,

    Hi all, I am attending the In2police training course in Nottingham on Sunday 12th October, is anyone else on here booked onto the same course? I can't wait to get some insider info before my A/C on the 27th November for GMP. Is anyone else due on the same A/C? Good luck to everyone who is going through the application process, fingers crossed.

    • 3 replies
    • 719 views
  4. pcgor
    Started by pcgor,

    •You search a 2nd yr law student with a bright future ahead of her/him and find a tiny bit of canabis. What do you do? does discretion come into it?

    • 2 replies
    • 129 views
  5. alfie77
    Started by alfie77,

    Hi All, I'm in the process of finishing my application form for D&C. I'm struggling with Q3 and don't want to use a weak answer and let down the rest of my competency questions which I feel fairly confident about. Q3 Police officers often need to remain calm and act logically and decisively in very difficult circumstances. Recall an occasion when you have been in a very challenging or difficult situation and had to make a decision that perhaps others disagreed with. You will be assessed in this question on how positively you reacted in the face of difficulty and challenge. I am thinking of using an example when I was younger and in a realtionship with my now wi…

    • 5 replies
    • 591 views
    jemz1546620088
  6. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    hi all First post here. I am a Firefighter and to be honest I think I need a change in my career path. I live near London and so want to apply to the met. I have a few questions. Would I be able to carry over my FF pension? At what age do I retire on the new scheme? Can I ask what a met recruit's take home pay is please? And I understand that the training school is a thing of the past. How is the training done then? This is being really negative but does anyone know anyone that has not passed their probation? thanks in advance. JOHN

  7. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    Hey!! does anybody have their Met fitness and medical on the 22nd october? im sooo not looking forward to it, im not the fitest of people!! i am training but for some reason i think im going to fail!! any advice guys? nikki

    • 2 replies
    • 136 views
  8. Ben432
    Started by Ben432 * ,

    HI i'm considering a career with the police force, however as u might expect there is a problem! Four and a half years ago me and some friends took a tractor to get home one night, I did not drive the vehicle but got a 'UT50' (aggravated taking of vehicle without owners consent) on my licence for being part of it. I've spoken to a lady working in police careers but she was of little help and said to wait for an open day next January. If anyone has any ideas or information relating to this subject it would be gratefully received. Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 374 views
  9. mr.sifter
    Started by mr.sifter,

    Hi guys I passed my AC a week back and have a fitness test and medical in August. As far as im aware this will consist of a bleep test to level 5.2 (?), and the push pull for the fitness and handing over the medical questionnaire. Are there any other medical tests they carry out, ive heard rumours of hearing tests, chest x-rays etc from officers in other constabularies but nothing certain. If anyone can shed some light on this that'd be great! Also, presuming I pass this and all is well and good, what kind of time frame are we talking about between then and a start date? Many thanks Sifter

    • 33 replies
    • 531 views
    Dazz1546620231
  10. Vincentmcmaster
    Started by Vincentmcmaster,

    Hey all this is my first post Got a silly question what is the difference between Tulliallan and Jackton?

    • 1 reply
    • 200 views
  11. hasosmirza
    Started by hasosmirza,

    Hi guys wanted to ask if anyone went to 9/9/08 day one assessment and got their results back yet its been about 3 weeks now. Also advise from anyone if u think i should call or just wait for post i desperate to get in 2nd time round more pressure. I ballsed up the role plays andwritten tests but know i gave it my all. They gave us provisional date of 20th october for day 2 i think the longer results come back for me the worse it is as the guys who passed would get confirmed quicker in order to prepare. Shall i phone or sit tight for post?

    • 4 replies
    • 283 views
  12. dog999
    Started by dog999,

    Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone has any idea when BTP are having their next intake? (for pc) I am aware that they have one in Aug 08.However I have asked about future dates and they don't seem to have any idea?

  13. brighton33330
    Started by brighton33330,

    hi people, know you have heard it again and again but have my a/c next week and i am bricking it! my memory is so bad and im worried ill completly crash during the role play. any advice would be much appreciated and accepted! thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 131 views
  14. madyakermatt
    Started by madyakermatt,

    Hi Guys! Have received my a/c date for GMP at the end of Nov. Have started some revision for it all, but am not sure what to expect from the 20 mins interview, and what sort of questions they are likely to ask. Is it pretty much the same as the competency part of the application form? Matt

    • 12 replies
    • 457 views
  15. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    im getting really impatient now. my a/c was in mid july and still no fitness test date! hmmmp! its doing my head in now. i dont get why its taking so long when others seem to be getting theirs really quick! i was being patient til the last few days and now its annoying me no point to my thread other than to vent off - again. lol.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.