Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. uneaubaine
    Started by uneaubaine,

    Hey there, i know there are a few of us around but haven't seen too much of them posting around and didn't know what stages we're all at. Call me nosey but it'd be nice to see how everyone is doing as it seems to be the larger force areas that i keep reading about, i know we're right at the end of the country but we're not that derelict are we?

  2. deadleg
    Started by deadleg,

    Hi Im 20 and at the moment I am studying in the area of computers and later this year may go to university to study Computer Science, but secretly actually want to join the police force and train to be a traffic cop:P Im not the stereotypical computer guy, im quite built, perform well at the bleep test, and hit the gym 3 days a week. I was wondering how exactly you become a traffic cop? From what i have gathered you do 2 years training after qualifying, then your part of the police force, where you then have to work for about 5 years. This will get you the background knowledge allowing you to go into a specialist subject. am i right? different sites say different thing…

    • 5 replies
    • 845 views
  3. SWilks1546620034
    Started by SWilks1546620034,

    Hi, I've just stuck in my papers for Dorset. I'd be interested to hear thoughts and opinions from serving officers, especially in the Bournemouth/Poole area. I'm also interested in how regular posts come up on the specialist departments, ARV, traffic ect. Thanks for your replys in advance Simon

    SWilks1546620034
  4. Copper1546620312
    Started by Copper1546620312,

    Hi all Does anyone know how far into training do you generally get your unifrom? Cheers

  5. bmlw08
    Started by bmlw08,

    hey start training on the 13th october .A week at headquarters then of 2 tulliallan . Any one know what its like at tulliallan ,what do we wear on our first day ,and where did yous al get your shoes from .

    • 28 replies
    • 3.2k views
  6. joewm18
    Started by joewm18,

    Hello all, I have my assessment centre day coming up quite soon (Oct 23rd) and was wondering what the take on piercings is? I haven't got any tattoo's so don't need to worry about that, I have a small hoop through the top/back part of 1 ear, and a bar through the rook of my other ear - should I take both out for the assessment day? I'm guessing they're completely retricted on duty as a copper... have I answered my own question? Many thanks, Joe.

    • 4 replies
    • 188 views
  7. foxy2008
    Started by foxy2008,

    Hi All, I phoned up the MET Recruitment office today to ask if they have heard anything about my results. Its only been 6 days since my Assessment Day !! I was just chancing it really, wasnt expecting them to say anything, and they didnt. Its to early. I just hate waiting for things like this. I just want to know either way if ive passed or failed although i dont think i have passed.

    • 12 replies
    • 314 views
  8. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    Pooping my pants...I think by tomorrow i wont have any nails left. Good luck to everyone else!!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 141 views
  9. Andi1546620193
    Started by Andi1546620193,

    Just had confirmation that I've passed the Fitness and Medical for Wiltshire Constabulary I'm almost there!!!!!!!!!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 74 views
  10. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    I have been taking on line numeracy tests in the hope that I get through paper sift as I have never been a Carol Vordermann with numbers but I'm not terrible with them either. However the tests I have been doing range so much from test like "If you have a £5 note and two 20p coins how much do you have." To some ridiculous questions that I didn't think possible to calculate. Can anyone that has done the numeracy test shed any light on how difficult it is, I'm not asking for answers to questions or anything just maybe on a scale of 1-5 difficulty wise. Just so that my preperation reflects the actual task I will be completing.

    • 12 replies
    • 3.9k views
  11. mark861546620305
    Started by mark861546620305 * ,

    Hi been reading these pages for a while to get support and help for my application, Passed my fitness test for Grampian police today, (just!) got to 9.3 on bleep test, turned around and went straight over top of my ankle fearing that I had broke it, turns out it's just badly sprained. Anyway here's to the future

    • 1 reply
    • 143 views
  12. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Finally got my letter yesterday, with a provisional start date. Very exciting to know it is finally happening. Anyone else starting the same day? Employer reference aside, is anyone aware of any issue that would cause the provisional offer to be withdrawn at this stage? Thanks Jon

    Davey1546620313
  13. slad3y
    Started by slad3y,

    Hi folks, Only a few days left now until I start training with the Met at Hendon. Feeling more excited than I am nervous, which surprises me! Who else is starting on Monday? I live in Essex so won't be staying at any of the section houses. What bits have you bought in preparation?

    • 0 replies
    • 335 views
  14. mf91789
    Started by mf91789 * ,

    Just wanted some other peoples views on the whole assessment centre process. The whole thing is organised very well but not to sure they will really get the best people for the job based on the activities especially as you have no idea on how you are doing.

  15. domb
    Started by domb,

    i see a lot of posts like this and not too many replies but here goes. i'm now at the vetting stage and am starting to worry as i feel its the only part of the appliction out of my control. When i was at school (i'm 29 now)there an incident on our school bus where a younger kid was being bullied a little he was being pushed around abit and hassled a bit (nothing serious but traumatic netherthekess i'm sure). during this he was pushed onto me and i pushed him off. i was the kid sitting at the back with my headphones minding my own business. The kid gave the the names of everyone at the back of the bus and a police officer came to see me much to my suprise. he asked what h…

    • 4 replies
    • 587 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.