Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I've recently had a letter advising I've passed the papersift stage and that I'm on a waiting list for an assessment centre date. Has anyone else had this too? More importantly, does anyone have any insider info on when the a/c might be?!
-
- 1 reply
- 478 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Do you get your bits groped in the medical? I had the drop and cough when I was in the Army, just wanted to know beforehand to prepare myself.
-
- 6 replies
- 262 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm currently abiut to do my fitness test and am applying to tvp, i was under the impression that at some point you put down 3 areas you would like to work ie aylesbury, oxford and high wycombe and these were taken into consideration as to where you would be posted, is this correct? I heard someone else say that they can post you anywhere in thames valley? :smiley_vomit: which for me would not be so great if they decided to post me in say reading or somewhere?!
-
Just hoping some one may be able to help me, Just applying to transfer to West Mercia and was after any inside info/tips on the process. Espeically what they may ask in the interview i.e is it really formal like the new recruit interview and five minutes to talk about one of the core compentancies or is it more relaxed and more about your role now, why do you want to transfer etc. Any info at all would be appreciated Cheers
-
- 7 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
What actually happens on the Day1 / Day2 of the Met application process? Where does the PIRT fit in? Is Day1 all the knowledge testing, and Day2 the physical/medical testing?
-
Got my assessment centre breakdown today. Overall failed with 56% Race and diversity got 67% oral communication got 100% written communication got 78% Maths got D what they don't tell you is why you failed, what you failed on.??
-
Greetings all, I'm looking to be applying to Met soon once I sort a few things out. Before I do so I would appreciate any advice re my questions from those in the know. My questions are, (1) What are the best Northern boroughs to go for, I was looking at Barnet / Harrow / Hillingdon or Brent ? (2) Is there parking at the nicks for personal motorcycles as I'm a 24/7 biker so will be commuting from Bedfordshire along the M1 or A1 dependent upon where posted? (3) How long on average does it take to 'convert' the driving tickets from the county forces ? I hold an advanced ticket and also a carrier/van ticket. (4) Will my other courses be acknowledged, such as method of …
-
- 2 replies
- 774 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone I have my fitness test very soon and it will be my 2nd attempt, and I just wondered if I don't pass this time, how likely am I to get a 3rd attempt? I know that they say you get 3 attempts but I have read that sometimes you only get 2 go's.... I don't know whether to phone up and say I don't feel ready for it (bearing in mind I have already changed it twice) OR whether to go and hope I pass
-
- 24 replies
- 624 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just back from my interview with GMP and I passed!! So happy and feels like a huge weight has been lifted. Just fitness and medical to go. The HR lady I spoke to said they have intakes in Jan and March and they would be looking at getting me onto one of those, should I be ok at fitness, medical & vetting. Think I will be having a light refreshment tonight before I start my fitness regime tomorrow!
-
I am wondering if joining a Debt Management programme will affect my chances of joining the force? I am in the final stages with just my fitness and medical to go and of course my Security questionnaire phase. Although I am not missing payments or have any CCJs or the like I am thinking of joining a Debt Management scheme just to free up some cash for the family. It will go on my credit file but its no way near as bad as an IVA. Does anyone have any experience or advice? Dont want to join the sceme and then find the force will look bad at it and my application chucked and my chances gone. Cheers
-
Got the induction day tomorrow 29th September so will probably see you all there but who else on here is starting on the 27th? I already know moose99 is....
-
First of all, Hi! I'm new to this board I am currently doing my homework before submitting my application form to Fife Police. I was wondering if anyone knows how much old parking fines might affect my chances for selection? I got one, possibly two (so long ago I can't remember), around 2002 in Dundee. I contacted Dundee City Council for issue dates but as they took over the Decriminalisation of Parking in 2004, records prior to this date are not kept. Of course I want to be 100% honest in my application but am concerned that I cannot offer enough information regarding the issue date, and I am also concerned that having been issued one in the first place might hi…
-
Hi All when i was 17 i got a repremand for for punching someone (Im now 21. i was never charged and never went to court (i just got a b*llocking), i have my assessment centre next week. if i pass should i contact them to let them know of this,even though it is not seen as a criminal conviction. Thanks, Al
-
Hi, Applying for the Met and looking to brush up on knowledge of London areas and the spread of minority groups across it. Has anybody stumbled across any information regarding this, or even better a map to give an idea of large numbers/percentages? Which areas have the largest Asian community, Polish, Turkish etc. etc. Also, if anybody has come across it, information with types of crime stats, and how these are spread out over London? If anyone has seen such things, please spread the wealth! Many thanks, Joe. P.S. I have tried the census website, but I can only find national info rather than London specific. Thanks.
-
Im currently in my 4th week of tutored patrol (WMP) and have ticked off approximatley 15 things. was wondering how long did it take others to complete their PAC? plus did you use your PNB as evidence? or just logs, custody records, EFPN, FPN etc?