Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. judge-dredd
    Started by judge-dredd,

    hi people just passed my initial interview and having my background check's just now but am wanting to study for my final interview i would like all the help i can get so any tips or pointers plz feel free to pm me thanks judge dredd

    • 13 replies
    • 335 views
  2. tls
    Started by tls,

    Hi guys, although I have been studying some of my local divisions initiatives, I'm struggling to find any force wide initiatives on the Strathclyde website - could anyone help me out?

    • 1 reply
    • 357 views
  3. Tulsha
    Started by Tulsha,

    Hiya, I know theres not many people on here applying for north wales police but just after a bit of info on training. I read on the nwp wesite that training will take place at police headquarters, which i gather is colwyn bay. I live around an hour away from there, so would they put you up in accommodation or would i have to drive each day (Presuming i get through all stages)????!!! Tulsha x

    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. Tulsha
    Started by Tulsha,

    hi guys, well letter come through with security information thats required off me and also a loverly little letter regarding my fitness and medical next wed 1.10.08. Ive been a naughty (Lazy) girl, and no excuses, just have to trained at all for about 3 weeks. Im totally crap with weights, but should be ok with running. Joined total fitness last night thankfully, but any suggestions on what i should train to gain as much muscle in arms as possible and to generally get fitness levels up? I was thinking doing the classes like aerobics, yoga, pillates and bodypump, what do you guys think? Is that just a waste of time, should i just get on the running machine and do my …

    • 28 replies
    • 773 views
  5. TheBrig
    Started by TheBrig,

    I have my Day1 tomorrow and I have yet to fill in the Met's skills form, as I am unsure if I should. One of the questions on there is, "please demonstrate any insight, knowledge or experience of the issues associated with under-representation within the area of RACE/ETHNICITY" The same question is also for Disability, Gender and Sexual Orientation. I have had no direct experience with these issues being a straight, white male but I really don't want to leave them all blank. Did anyone else on here fill those forms in for the Met and how did you go about it. Thanks -Adam

    • 7 replies
    • 227 views
  6. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    I HAVE JUST BEEN TO THE GYM. I WAS DOING THE PUSH AND PULL ON A MACHINE THAT USES A DEAD WEIGHT. ITS NOT THE SAME AS THEY USE IN THE TEST. I FOUND IT REALLY HARD TO PUSH 5 TIMES. NOW THE DYNO MACHINE IS DONE USING A BELT AND A WHEEL WILL THIS BE EASIER PLEASE HELP I AM REALLY WORRIED

    • 11 replies
    • 2.5k views
  7. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hey all, just been informed my sister at the age of 16 was cautioned for shoplifting. was a juvenile caution. This was in 1996. She is now 28 and has no other history of offences. Called essex police and they said i have to put it in writing asked if this would affect my app' and they just repeated i need to put it in writing :smiley_vomit: what are the chances of this royally screwing me lol......i want to be honest but god sake was over 10 years ago and just seems like it could mess it all up for me!

  8. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    * Rant Warning * Ok, I have just got off the phone with recruitment. Now according to them at this present time my appliaction has failed, here is a little story... I applied on the 6th May and spoke to recruitment on the 25th June, at that point I was informed that the application had passed and I was awaiting my Day 1 date. Having not heard from them for another 2 months, I spoke to someone in recruitment who I know personally, they did a little digging around and informed me that the application had gone missing. At that point, I was asked to resubmit my personal details on a new form and not worry with the CBQ's as they had already been marked. Having just spok…

    george76271546620128
  9. drummond
    Started by drummond,

    Hi i was going to try and do a station vist,ihave been to my local station, i stay in G division.The stations i was going to try and get to are Mill st or Govan only problem is i can only get there in the evening due to working long hours, can anyone advise what time they think would be the best to go in as you cant phone ahead they say just go in any advice would be great. thanks.........

    • 2 replies
    • 411 views
  10. tls
    Started by tls,

    On to the vetting process now and I found out my Mum got charged with breach of the peace 15 years ago for a silly argument with a neighbour, it went to court but she was admonished and the PF threw it out. How do I stand?

    • 10 replies
    • 793 views
  11. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    What are the realities of working for the Met. I know the biggest plus has got to be the bigger salary. Which leads to another point, why is the Met London weighting so high? It seems as though the majoirty of Met officers don't even live in London so therfore most will just be getting an exta 6k compared to county forces. Is there a high drop out rate for the Met, and they are trying to encourage people to stay? Someone I know was chatting with a member of D&C Police Authority, who also is on the national board or something. But he was quite unencouraging about joining the Met, asking what type of person I was as "the Met has a very aggressive style of policing…

  12. conmccarts
    Started by conmccarts,

    Failed my A/c for the met last month but was suprised yesterday to get a letter offering me a PCSO role. I've done some reading up on PCSO's so know what that involves, but wondered if anyone though it would be worthwhile doing this? It says after a year in the role I could apply to be a PC, which ultimately I want to do, but would I be better to bide my time and re-apply for the PC role in 6 months instead? Any advice welcome, anyone in the same situation?

  13. chickpea
    Started by chickpea,

    Hello! So excited as I have only the fitness and medical test to go (fitness in November and medical in January) then if I pass I'll be a Student PC for Northamptonshire!!! I was wondering on any recommendations for kit that I can buy/ask for Christmas? For example-recommended torches, first aid kit, socks (strange, but I've found some awesome socks in M&S padded and marked for left and right foot!) I'm easily impressed.... Thanks :-)

    • 4 replies
    • 766 views
  14. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    I know that throughout the Assessment Day you will be tested on all 7 competencies, But its only in the interview where you have to talk about 4 of them. Do you find out beforehand what the 4 will be? are they the same as the ones asked in the application? if so you could just adjust the answers already written Or do you have to revise a suitable answer for all 7 as you don't know what the 4 asked might be.

    • 6 replies
    • 422 views
  15. Carter1546620163
    Started by Carter1546620163,

    Hi I'm hoping that someone can help me by explaining s17, s18 and s19 in a nice simplistic way! any help appreciated Cheers Carter

    • 12 replies
    • 27.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.