Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. silkrob
    Started by silkrob,

    Understand you'll be busy at the moment, there hasnt been much said about it on here! But was just wondering how your getting on was it what you were expecting? Any Information would be great!

    kpeter201546620256
  2. christ0on
    Started by christ0on,

    Hi there i was at my A/C today and felt that i coped ok in general but I do feel that maybe haven't done enough to pass but I guess everyone feels this way. Guess we will just have to wait and see. Anyone out there that was there from 11am today???? if so how do you feel you got on ???? Regards Chris

    • 12 replies
    • 180 views
    jamesw1546620257
  3. Al73
    Started by Al73,

    I am currently awaiting a date for the Final Fitness Test. To date my training has consisted of practising the 1.5 mile run. However with the change in weather I'm aware that I may well be doing the bleep test rather than the 1.5 run on the day. Can anyone advise if I should be doing any specific training for the bleep test or is simply running a distance sufficient? Cheers Al

  4. stevemcirish
    Started by stevemcirish,

    If I transfer into Hampshire, can I go straight into a specialist unit or do I need to do TPT for a period first? Are there long waiting lists for things like dogs, traffic, firearms, surveillance etc as these are all areas that I'm interested in. Are most specialisms run from HQ or are there opportunities for such things in say, Portsmouth or surrounding areas? I currently drive about 30 minutes to work and am happy to do the same in Hampshire, but to specialise realistically in my force I need to drive for at least 1hr 40 to have a chance! Any responses live or by PM would be great.

    Tim in the South
  5. Knopfler
    Started by Knopfler,

    Good morning! Hoping someone can advise... As per the website, I booked and attended one of the Met open days in London back in the summer, downloaded my application form and filled it out. However, for reasons I won't go into, I wasn't able to send the form off before the final date. My question is; can I still send it in having attended one of the open days? Was thinking of maybe sending the form with a letter explaining the reasons but it doesn't feel like a good option! Do I have to wait and attend another event? I'm not worried about attending another event, but worryingly I haven't seen another event for PC recruitment for ages and really worrying I've missed m…

  6. lamporta
    Started by lamporta * ,

    Hi Are contact lenses allowed? I am awaiting my application form for the MET Thanks

    Dominic1546620216
  7. Doms28
    Started by Doms28,

    I am so nervous, i have just come back off a relaxing 2 week holiday to Mexico ion the hope it would relax me. No such luck. Does anyone know the formality for our first day and what we are to wear?

    • 5 replies
    • 824 views
    Dominic1546620216
  8. beady
    Started by beady,

    hi i have sent off my first application to kent police and was wondering if any body knows how long it takes until i hear something? is no news good news??/

  9. jsharpuk
    Started by jsharpuk * ,

    Does anybody know when Bedfordshire will be recruiting? I have left a few voicemail messages with their recruitment team as instructed but nobody is getting back to me. The site at the moment does say they are recruiting police officers but the only way i can get an application form is to attend a recruitment evening, none of which are displayed on their site, only specials. Kind Regards Jim. P.S I have received an application form from Northamptonshire police but i am not sure this would be best for my location, does anybody rate Northamptonshire as a service?

  10. Finbar1733
    Started by Finbar1733,

    Hey, had my Day 1 for the Met on the 17th of oct and heard that we'll find out the results in a week and a half does anyone know if this is true? Also if it is true why so quickly??

    • 20 replies
    • 594 views
  11. OSD_Control
    Started by OSD_Control,

    Hi Guy's I have a quick question im hoping someone can answer. I am in the recruitment process for the met but I am wandering about accomadation if I am successful in my application. If a pass all the stages - I will be moving to London from up north. Is there any police accomodation ( Section houses? ) Also I hear a whisper that Hendon is Non Residential now and im just thinking what im going to do. .. Has anyone else on here been in this situation? If so, what did you do and how much do the met help out with these issues.. Cheers people! Leroy

    • 16 replies
    • 2.4k views
  12. kaki6
    Started by kaki6,

    Hi had my Initial Interview today and was wondering if other candidates got word on the day or had to wait for letter if they had passed. I know some lucky ones found out there and then so hope it doesnt mean bad news for me... Thanks Kathleen

  13. NG5
    Started by NG5,

    This was released today on the notts police website Police officer recruitment will open for application requests from 9:00 am on 27th October 2008 until 4:00 pm on 7th November 2008. Nottinghamshire Police are accepting transferred applications from applicants who are currently in the recruitment process for Police Constable with another Force and have achieved a minimum score of 60% at assessment centre. Check the website on Monday morning for details on how to apply. http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/

    • 1 reply
    • 341 views
  14. richy1985
    Started by richy1985,

    Hi, Has anyone got a start date of this monday coming (27/10) for Northumbria/ Durham Police? If so, how are things going?

    • 2 replies
    • 561 views
  15. NorPlod
    Started by NorPlod,

    I keep going things I have said in the role plays and had a little panic on. In the role plays I can't remember if you were provided a name for part you played? I.e. If you introduced yourself to the actor once the roleplay started could you say your real name ??? Does it matter?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.