Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tprtowo1
    Started by tprtowo1 * ,

    Hi, I am currently serving in HM Forces but considering leaving to join the Police force. I am married with four children. Does any body know what housing entitlements there is? Many thanks Dave

  2. Yol
    Started by Yol,

    This will be my last post with regards to the fitness I promise Everyone is of a similar opinion that it is easy but it is the thing a I have been dreading the most but after Wed it will be do or die. Anyway I was wondering if they take you blood our anything at the fitness as it said on Northumbria's website that they did it at the medical and they didn't? thanks :smiley_vomit:

    • 6 replies
    • 263 views
  3. fwuffybunnyfeet
    Started by fwuffybunnyfeet,

    Hi Has anyone ever got through when they ahve had a history of depression and anxiety I have had two attacks in my life the last being last year I have been told I need to see their doc any ideas, has anyone got any ideas on people who have got through I am fine now just had a really bad relationship break down and it was horrid. Thanks

    fwuffybunnyfeet
  4. Davey1546620313
    Started by Davey1546620313,

    I have recently been given the 8th Dec as my provisional start date with west mids. I currently live in Stafford but I’m keen to move out of the area preferably to the city centre of brum. Firstly, has anyone else lived in the city centre whilst doing their training that could offer any advantages/disadvantages of being in such a location. And secondly, it would be rather expensive living by myself so I was wondering if the police or anyone else offers advice or connections with others seeking accommodation. Thanks!

    Davey1546620313
  5. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I had my final interview for GMP on 30th September and got my letter through with a fitness date today - 3rd December, 5pm at Hough End. Has anyone else got the same date? I am a little dissapointed it isnt sooner, as I had hoped to know before xmas whether I was definately in or not and now it seems like I will have to wait until 2009 before the medical and vetting are done and dusted, but at least things are moving along! Have to kick start the old fitness regime again now!

    • 12 replies
    • 175 views
  6. jibberjabber74
    Started by jibberjabber74,

    Can anyone comfirm this! im a specical and have heard from the ATO that recruitment into the regs (in the not so distant future) will be done solely through being recruited as a pcso then following a program to qualify as a police officer, the reason being to get operational staff on the streets sooner to gain experience and for the forces to get their monies worth. can anyone comfirm this or heard it also? cheers

  7. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    well after a long year i have done all that is required of me, just passed the gmp medical today, apparently i've got the lungs of a 20 yr old not bad considering i'm 34, so now my application is in the lap of the gods i've no criminal convictions but as a lot of 34 year old with kids not the best credit score on earth, i really hope this doesn't go against as it would be devastating to say the least if this prevents me from getting in. hasten to add never been bankrupt but do have satisfied ccj's and a few arrears and a default.

  8. vie_elle
    Started by vie_elle,

    Hi Everyone I'm half way into the 6th week of my vetting - has anyone else taken this long? I was expecting it to be about 4 weeks!! I've a small family (15 in total including cousins etc) all who reside in Scotland - none of whom have been in any trouble. My character referees posted their references the day they received them. Cant think of any reason for the delay other than just being plain backed up. Anyone else in this boat?? Vicki

    • 3 replies
    • 141 views
  9. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Anyone else out there on this intake at all?

    • 1 reply
    • 506 views
  10. jon25771546081180
    Started by jon25771546081180,

    Hey, Just wandering for the interview day 1, is it best to go clean shaven or can you have smart trimmed facial hair? J

    jon25771546081180
  11. bexstar1
    Started by bexstar1,

    Hiya, I've got assessment centre for GMP four weeks tomorrow, and got home last night to find out I've been caught speeding. STUPIDLY I was doing 41 mph in a 30mph zone, and have been driving for less than a year. This is more than likely going to result in me getting three points on my licence. Will this stop me getting any further???? Is a clean driving licence needed?? Thanks

  12. tu justicia
    Started by tu justicia * ,

    Hi! Im a swedish citizen and I was wondering about the possibility of applying for a UK police force, is there any other force in the UK besides the psni that doesnt have the UK residency requirement(the 3 last years lived in the uk rule)? Sideinfo: Sweden is a member of the European Economic Area and the EU. With kind regards

    • 4 replies
    • 375 views
  13. kaki6
    Started by kaki6,

    Hi, Thanks to everyone who helped me with tips for the initial interview. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful but to be honest I was a high risk at my age and with so many children. Never mind, I wish every success for all trying and entering the Police force. It is hard work and a lot of sacrifices are made trying but it will be worth it. All the best everyone Kathleen

    • 1 reply
    • 219 views
  14. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Hi there, just a quick post, my BMI is getting towards the overweight bracket, I am reasonably fit, obviously i need to get a bit fitter but I am more concerned about the weight thing. I am currently a shift manager for McDonalds so therefore I eat a lot of crap and because of the job it usually entales breaks consisting of a quick burger and a fag... both of which I need to get out the habbit for. Anyone got any ideas on how to get out of this routine, sounds daft I know but have tried allsorts to get out of it, even not having a break and I just munched on chicken nuggets, haha. any ideas are greatly appreciated. thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 547 views
  15. ospreyfan
    Started by ospreyfan,

    Hello all Does anyone know how long the pass mark at the Police Officer assessment can be valid for?,I was told initially it would be 12 months but this will now be extended.........how long has the pass mark been extended for previously?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.