Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. scandle
    Started by scandle,

    First of, hello first post so thanks in advance and try and bare with me. I've recently passed my papersift for Lancs-constab as a PCSO, and have my assesment centre on the 4th of december in preston, i was just wondering what people who have been in this situation before, had worn for the occaision? cheers,

    • 4 replies
    • 170 views
  2. Punchfish
    Started by Punchfish * ,

    Right a little background, over 4 years ago while I was studying at University I decided it would be funny to take an empty beer keg back to our flat. Well I was picked up by the police and spent the night in the cells, during this time they took my photograph, fingerprints and DNA. I wasn't charged with anything and got a letter from the procurator fiscal saying no charges were being made, just don't do it again type thing. I am confused as to what this actually means, do I have an official caution? I obviously will tell the police in the form as I don't want to seem dishonest but I honestly don't know what it officially was classed as i.e caution, verbal warning etc…

    • 4 replies
    • 769 views
  3. kittykate
    Started by kittykate,

    Hello!! I am currently applying for the Met Police and attended the recruitment event on 26th July in Croydon. I sent of my application around the 11th of August and am obviously still waiting to hear back but was just wondering if anyone was in the same band and is still waiting to hear back or has heard back. Ive heard on here the process can take up to 2 years but on my recruitment event they said they are aiming for March next year for our band of applicants. I know im getting a bit ahead of myself but i am so nervous lol

  4. kate1982
    Started by kate1982,

    Hi Not sure if anyone can help me. Im due to start in a few weeks and still havent received my final confirmation letter. I received my condtional letter end of September and have since been in contact and they said i would here soon. Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation! Hopefully my checks shoud all be ok. Does anyone know what finacial checks they do on you x

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
    AaronB1546620333 *
  5. drummond
    Started by drummond,

    Good news got got my set date in post today,for 2nd November at Jackton only sent application on 15th september so very fast .Need a bit of advice i always thought it best to wear suit for this ,but on letter it says ensure you are dressed in appropriate sports gear just like to know what others have done dont want to look like tit in wrong clothing.Anyone else got this date. ps ........over the moon got set date didnt even think i would get past application part Thanks ........

    • 4 replies
    • 630 views
  6. bod1546620330
    Started by bod1546620330 * ,

    Hello, Could anyone give me a rough idea what to expect on the final interview...i have mine in less than a week and the nerves are starting to kick in! Any pointers would be appreciated Bryan

  7. robbierugby
    Started by robbierugby,

    any one sat this recently. sat mine today bit random but not too bad anyone in the same boat?

    • 0 replies
    • 178 views
  8. robbierugby
    Started by robbierugby,

    Evening folks stumbled across the site and realised you didnt have a site for dumf and galloway which i'm in process of joining! anyone at all with anything to say give us a shout a bit of solidarity never went amiss!

    • 2 replies
    • 774 views
  9. DumpyStig
    Started by DumpyStig,

    To be blunt and to the point, enough is enough - BOTH OF YOU The way both of you have slagged each other off across the forum is, to be honest, purile, childish and bloody boring. You are both going through the police application process, an obstacle that many of us have started and passed, yet you both seem to degenerate into petty name calling and resorting to 'he said this, he said that kind of nonsense. Get over yourselves - Mark, Im sorry you didnt pass your AC, but try again as soon as you can. Geebee, well done on your results, but a pass is a pass, and yeah I have seen higher results. But still, well done. BUT there's no need to slate those who havent passed…

    • 10 replies
    • 635 views
  10. gazza123
    Started by gazza123,

    hey how long did it take everyone to here back from the initial interview or is it bad news that i never got told on the day, i spoke to a few people in the training centre and they said they heard on the day aaagghhhh i dont know

    • 4 replies
    • 144 views
  11. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Is this force widely regarded as the one that take the longest to process applicants from papersift to start date? And if so, why?

    • 3 replies
    • 325 views
  12. Andrewgoat
    Started by Andrewgoat,

    Hi can anyonen help me? I have my medical test with tvp soon, i was just wondering how hard the hearinng test is. many thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 147 views
  13. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    Spoke to recruitment last week they've told me I’ve Finished all stages and just waiting for a ''few loose ends to be tied up'' so that’s all good. : However due to the backlog within the system they can not give any indication of any start dates and this will be the case for a while as those who have been waiting longer will be given priority. . Fair enough I got this far and waited over 12 months so I can wait a bit longer. But I was told a couple of months ago that I would probably be on the Jan Intake. What I want to know is if there is a back log now, there has been for a while so why do I keep being given conflicting information, getting my hopes up and then bei…

    • 15 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Nat1
    Started by Nat1,

    Hi all I have my A/C next week Im aware that the competency interview will consist of questions probably different to the ones in my application form, so i am just thinking of more scenarios to fit the competencies. My question is, does it matter that all your scenarios are work based??? Also has anyone any tips for me as too how to prepare for the interview- I am panicing slightly, advise from people who are in the same position or people who have passed would be great and i would really appreciate the advice Thankyou

    • 2 replies
    • 168 views
  15. amyg84
    Started by amyg84,

    Hi, this may sound like a really stupid question , but for those who have done their day 2. Did you go in your exercise gear or is there chance to get changed before you start the fitness test? Thanks!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.