Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
-
Hi there, I applied to Essex on 25/9/08, i received confirmation on around the 10/10/08. On my application i said in the past 2 years i have had 1 day sick due to having an operation. Yesterday i received a letter containing a form for me to fill out requesting information about my sick days. It basically wanted to know if i have had more than 28 sick days on average per year, also if i have been sick on 4 or more occasions. My answer to both these questions was no, so the form did not require any more information from me, all i had to do was sign it and send it back. Is this a good sign? Has anyone else had one of these? I have a friend who also applied around the sam…
-
- 3 replies
- 351 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all. Firstly, a big thankyou to all that have put posts on here, some have been really helpfull. I am in desperate need of some help. Like most of you I have spent many hours, sometimes well into the night perfecting the competency questions on my application form. After a many test runs I wiped the sweat from my brow and began to complete the original. As stupid as I am I have made a few tiny mistakes and had to make a few corrections. One word I spelt wrong, so I put a line through it out and re-wrote the word correctly. Other mistakes were I missed out a letter in a couple of words. Luckly I had enough space to add the letter so I corrected them by using the smal…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all I was just wondering whos moving to GMP land and from where... im originally from Birmingham and moved up in May... If anyone is moving and looking for accomodation I may be able to help
-
Just had the biggest kick in the teeth ever!!! gone thru all the stages and was told had passed the vetting but now found out that they need to discuss my step son with me! he has not lived with us for 7 years (he is 21 now) and unknown to me he committed an offence of affray 2 years ago and was sentenced to 4 months in a youth offenders! Does anyone know if this will stop me getting in? I have no say or control in his life and he lives miles away. So worried
-
Ive just recently had my medical for pcso - however i have red, green colorblindness which discovered when looking at the dotted numbers. I can see colours fine, just not in a dot format. This has been passed to look into. Is this something i should really be worried about? Ive just done my physical and passed but have no idea what to expect from medical results? Any help Thanks
-
...waking up screaming.... Ok... its 6 days and counting til I start my career with the police. It's taken me 2 years to get here (fluffed the AC first time round ) but the start date is finally galloping up, and Im really looking forward to it - the learning, the experience, the whole shi-bang. Its been all I've thought/talked/bored people to death about for 2 years, since my application went in. Wasn't even sure Id get in, but here I am, ready and waiting. Yeah, I alweys knew it was going to be hard - financially, physically AND mentally, but Im as prepared as I can be for this. Financially speaking, its a HUGE pay cut , but I will do what i have to do to provide for…
-
- 34 replies
- 4.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have my assessment day in january for thames valley anyone else attending? its around reading somewhere im not looking forward to roleplay atall
-
- 19 replies
- 335 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, just got my letter confirming the dates of the assessment I've been provisionally booked for. I have been given the 6th and 7th of September, I was lead to believe the assessment would be on one day over the course of 5 hours. Does anyone have any idea why I have been given a two day assessment? Not that it matters really as I'm prepared to do what ever it takes to get into the police, but just wondering what's ins tore for me! :)
-
- 13 replies
- 207 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice from anyone in WMP who has recently had the Hepatitis B shots. I went to see my GP about getting them done today (I start on the 27th October)but was told due to them not having done a ful risk assessment they wouldn't be able to vaccinate me! Personally I think it's sad day when my GP won't do something due to concerns about litigation at some future point! Does anyone know where I can get them done please? I figure it's better to have them done and not need them then need them and not.... Thanks
-
font="Arial"]Had the call this morning from the recruitment department @ Northumbria. "Sorry but your security forms have not come back, so we are looking at Feb" And the security people might be calling me I am crapping myself. I was devastated I applied in 2007 I could have had a child in this length of time it has taken. This Ridiculous [/font] :furious3:
-
Hi Just wondered if anyone else had the proposed start date of 5th Jan 2009 for Suffolk. It would be good to chat to others!
-
- 4 replies
- 816 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello there, I have my initial interview for the Beds police in a couple of weeks and from a letter I received it also states that there will be a written exercise to complete after the interview. The written exercise will last no longer than 20mins. Can anyone advise what this written exercise includes because having read this section of the forum I cannot find any information on it. Thanks in advance.
-
i know one of the competency questions is going to be on problem solving. really stuck on this one . i can think of loads of examples but they all seem very very trivial. infact the solution in all my problems seem to be the bleeding obvious.cannot think of an example that will merit 5 minutes of talk.
-