Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jameslin27
    Started by jameslin27,

    Hi everyone, Anyone attending day 1 at hendon on the 19th november ???

    • 3 replies
    • 125 views
  2. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Hi, Been waiting for this for some time and have just received my letter this morning for my medical. Going on the 4th November so not to long to wait :-) Is anyone else from here going that day to Lloyd House?

    • 17 replies
    • 380 views
  3. larchy
    Started by larchy,

    Firstly - thanks for all the information and advice that this site provides, its a really good resource. I applied for Northumbria back in May and was notified that I'd passed the paper sift in early September. My AC is on the 21st October, and the area I'm most concerned with is the interview and four questions. I'm struggling to find as much information about this stage as I have for other parts of the AC. I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone can provide about these - for example how similar are they to the four questions on the initial application form? I'm assuming that the examples you use at this stage should be different to the ones on your application f…

  4. manc_ian
    Started by manc_ian,

    Hi. Im 99% through the recruitment process for GMP which i started back in November 2007. They contacted me 2 weeks ago to check exact contact details for my references. They had a few problems obtaining a second reference but was eventually resolved. My last converstion (last week) with the recruitment unit was regarding my second reference and they said once they get this im done. My manager at work emailed the reference and got a reply saying it was satisfactory. Anyway, does anyone know how soon they take to give you your start date?. I was hoping for the January intake but i need to know pretty soon as i need to give 1 months notice at my current employer. Co…

    Life on Mars1546620180
  5. Louise84
    Started by Louise84 * ,

    Hi all, Does anyone have a fitness programme they used to prepare themselves for the fitness test? I'm still at the applying stage but would like to get a head start on preparing should I be successful. Many Thanks Louise

    • 7 replies
    • 186 views
  6. Ascot
    Started by Ascot,

    Hi People, Just had my assessment for TVP, went OK but think i may have really messed up one of the role plays... without thinking i said the line "what did you say to the youths" .... when in fact it was a group of adults in question (i later found this out)... throughout the rest of the role play my RRD was good, i think, but i now think that slip could cost me... any views?? Also how is it marked, would the fact i acted positively to the rest of RRD in that role play save me or will that one line cost me? Do they take your average RRD grade from all 4 role plays,or would one D fail you? Cheers for any replies, i know there is nothing that can be done now.

    • 4 replies
    • 206 views
  7. rayray1546620242
    Started by rayray1546620242,

    Hello! I got a call from the MET today asking me if I would like to join on 17th Nov (I agreed after some careful thought lol!) Just wondering who else has had the "call" and the pack? - be nice to say hi before I see you in like 5 weeks! (whoop whoop!!) Ray ray XxX

  8. Kenny-r13
    Started by Kenny-r13,

    Hi All, I have emailed N Yorks police to ask when they aim to recruit next and when they last recruited for Police Officers and was wondering if anyone on here can clear this up for me? I am also interested in West or South Yorks Police too. Thanks All Ken

    • 3 replies
    • 417 views
    spartan x5693 *
  9. lamporta
    Started by lamporta * ,

    Hi all Can anyone advise. I was on Anti Depressants 20mg for 1 year and 8 months. The reasons for this was a series of stressful family issues etc etc. Anyway I have been off them now for 5 weeks with no issues and feel great. I have just been to an event to put down my details and am waiting for my app form to apply. This apparently takes 4 weeks to arrive. The whole process takes 3-4 months which means I will have been off the meds for around 6 months. I have never whilst being on the pills had any issues at work and have led a normal life. Will I be rejected?

    • 6 replies
    • 481 views
  10. jshrew
    Started by jshrew,

    Well I had my interview for Cheshire this week and fell short of expectations annoyingly in areas I did well on the application and assessment As I got 63% on my assessment I am aware that this is valid until next September and it states in my reject letter that this is transferable now I could obviously just try and transfer my application to a force that doesn't interview but can I should Cheshire re-open their recruitment lines in the new year wait and re-apply and enter at interview stage? Otherwise does anyone know which forces out of GMP, Merpol and West Mercia do or do not interview?

    • 4 replies
    • 476 views
  11. dalboy

    Hi Guys, Just thought I would let everyone know that i'm giving away these 2 items as I do not need them anymore. It's first come first served. You will have to pay P & P, but that's it. Totally free, aint I a generous chap, lol. Dalboy

    specialteacher1546081026
  12. Jas1546620336
    Started by Jas1546620336,

    Hey all, Just a quick question regarding the verbal reasoning section of the assesment centre for WEST MIDS Police. My information pack says that it lasts 25 mins in which you must answer 31 questions. Now does this mean 31 different scenarios or 31 questions from a variety of scenarios. IE each scenario has about 5 questions, Does this count as 5 questions or 1 question?? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys, Thanks! :)

    • 6 replies
    • 527 views
  13. davcol30

    Hi all, Am I right in thinking that as I have scored a 'D' grade in Diversity, I cannot transfer my 58% assessment score from the Met to another force that accepts scores over 50%? Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 550 views
  14. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hey, just wondering if anyone nearing the end of the recruitment process recieved a letter asking about sick days? the letter comes with a form for you to fill in and return within 14 days..... anyone? if not what would be the reason for this form and y would someone be sent it? i havent recieved one myself but a friend has who is at the same stage with essex police thanks

  15. leahjane
    Started by leahjane,

    Can anyone give me a bit of advice regarding the written exercises? What sort of document will i need to write? This is the bit i am most worried about as i am a little in the dark. I have found loads of material regarding numerical and verbal tests but nothing on the written exercises. I want to be as prepared as i can. Thanks Leah

    • 3 replies
    • 125 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.