Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. *KAT*
    Started by *KAT*,

    hi, does anyone else have an a/c on this date?

    • 1 reply
    • 77 views
  2. q ball
    Started by q ball,

    Hello all. This is my first time posting a request for information, so any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have my a/c on 5/10/08 and am really worried about the maths, as to be honest i am pants with numbers. Does anyone have any tips or ideas where i can get examples to practice? I have received the Westshire pack and have read it back to front, does anyone have any scenarios relating to it that i can consider? My heads in bits

    barbican011546620261
  3. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    I never considered this to be suitable but wander what others think. A couple of years ago I was walking home late at night on my mobile phone. A guy came up to me acting all drunk and asking for a lighter. He then pushed me into a dark corner and grabbed me a headlock (he wasnt drunk, it was a setup). Basically he was mugging me for my phone and wallet. I tried to reason with him, but he just started to beat me up a little. After a few seconds I assesed the situation and decided that I wasnt having it, so I began to resist and struggled, we both fell to the floor where I managed to break free and escape. I never really considered using it as an example however oth…

  4. TopLoader1546620233
    Started by TopLoader1546620233,

    Hi there, Started a topic for all us what have submitted application forms in june. This is for us all to keep a track of the process were making

  5. dolenz87
    Started by dolenz87,

    Just wondering, has anyone who sent application for MET on 13th aug heard back yet? Chris

  6. kearslm
    Started by kearslm,

    i have had to heart operation about 2 yrs ago. an oblajion. its not open heart or anythin just a couple of rods down your vein and then they burn the heart. everything is fine now. can do everythin as normal when it comes to fitness. the doc has given me the all clear...will this affect my application?? any ideas would be appreciated thanks matt

    • 2 replies
    • 481 views
  7. spade13
    Started by spade13,

    i was just wondering what persentage of the tests were based on spelling and gramar? i have applyed for GMP and they are aware of my dyslexia and have told me extra time will be alowed, though please dont think i am expecting any exeptions to be made for me on the grounds of my dyslexia as thats not what i am after. i was just looking for a rough persentage realy as i belive things such as the maths part only play a small role in your score however the roleplay side of it playes a 50% role. thanks

    • 23 replies
    • 531 views
  8. Adougl999
    Started by Adougl999,

    I had successfully passed all stages of the Strathclyde Police application process up to the background checks where i was refused!! GUTTED!! The thing is- the refusal letter doesn't give me the reason why!! The only thing I can think of is a low credit score due to a defaulted payment 2 years ago. This was due to not notifying the correct parties of a change of address, stupid, I know!! During my application I was aware that CCJ's or Bankruptcy would result in a refusal but that didn't apply to me and I thought I'd be okay... Since then all my finances have been up to date and in order and I have taken positive steps to improve my score but this default stays on there …

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Do GMP offer an Observer shift? Last time I applied I got the letter back to say they had received my application and it might b a god idea to arrange an observer shift to get a better insight. Do they still do an observer shift? How do you arrange one if they do? and has anybody else done one or looking at doing one? Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 459 views
  10. cm_851
    Started by cm_851,

    Hi <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I have just had notification of my A/C date with the Met. Is anyone else attending? Can anyone give me any advice as to what to expect. I have started revising already and if anyone has any advice on the best ways to study or what to expect on the day it would be very much appreciated. I was also looking to attend a course before hand but have no idea who organises them. Thanks Carl

  11. wannabepoliceofficer
    Started by wannabepoliceofficer,

    Hi all, wannabepoliceofficer here aka Steve. I am 25 years of Age and currently working for Citizens Advice and have been trying to get into the force for a good few years; but the police in Wales seem to recruit very little and not very often! I have been awaiting recruitment for new officers in Wales for what seems ages and now two are coming up! (typical) South Wales Police are recruiting but they are only providing 4 days to get the application turned around, they open recruitment on the 8th December and close it on the 12th December!! Dyfed Powys are also recruiting but provide a lot more time for carrying out the application and recruitment starts in November.…

    • 5 replies
    • 586 views
    sparkstertom1546081064
  12. Olly1546619913
    Started by Olly1546619913,

    Hi all, Just received my application pack from Dorset. Looks like they're being pretty tight on this for limited spaces one as only the "highest scoring" candidates will get through, and only then on a possible waiting list. Liking the odds! Anyone else out there applying for this force? If so, would be great hear from you.

  13. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    I've just been offered some Magnum Phantoms at a bargin price, and wanted to know if anyone would recommend them? I know this topic has probably been done to death, but cannot find any comment on Phantoms. Thanks Jonathan

    • 22 replies
    • 3k views
  14. hannaht88
    Started by hannaht88,

    Hi there, I had my A'C on the 31st October and they advised 2 weeks for the results. Im going away next week for a month and wondered, if i do pass - which im sure I won't have done, do i have to send of a letter confirming about the day 2? I have advised the MET of the dates im away, but worried that they will let me know when im away about the dates for day 2, and i will need to have confirimed within a specific timeframe? Can some one please advise if this is the case-or if anyone is in a similar situation Thanks Hannah

    • 3 replies
    • 195 views
  15. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    Hi ive been told the maths only accounts for 2.5% of the overall mark at the assesment, Can anyone confirm or agree? . . . im just getting worried aboutmy results again

    • 3 replies
    • 303 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.