Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tshark
    Started by tshark,

    Can anyone tell me the Suffolk pass mark? Thanks Tom.

    • 5 replies
    • 454 views
  2. Brydo86
    Started by Brydo86,

    Hi there Just trying to do some research for my final on Friday. I am wondering if anyone can help me with any of my questions. Im looking for the Chief Inspector of the K division, the force priorities (I have 5 but read on here that there are 7) and where I can find the modules for training in Tulliallan. So much studying, so little time Brydo

    • 7 replies
    • 157 views
  3. Kwik
    Started by Kwik,

    Hi all I know this is a old problem but I did not put my points on my application, I was told fixed penalty points were not a conviction but apparently you need to put them down . Anyway who do I tell and how do I contact them I can’t find the email address or phone number . I applied online to Essex Help me please thanks kris

    • 1 reply
    • 296 views
  4. Desi
    Started by Desi,

    Has anyone been or thinking of going to one? Which one did they go to and how was it for you? I'm thinking of attending either the talking blues or in2police course ... would be great for those that have been to any of these to let me know how they found it and how it helped them prepare for day one. Many Thanks

    • 13 replies
    • 313 views
  5. James579
    Started by James579,

    Does anyone know the eyesight standards? In particular which line up from the bottom you have to be able to read on the eye chart. I've had 1 person say 2nd line from the bottom, and another say 3rd. Which one is correct?

  6. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    Hey, Just updating everyone on my progress. Found out last sat that I passed the Ac and that i have the medical and fitness on the 5th Jan. Good luck to everyone else and thankyou for all the advice etc

  7. messedupjoey
    Started by messedupjoey,

    I passed with 64% anybody else on here from that ac?

    • 1 reply
    • 240 views
  8. dalboy
    Started by dalboy,

    Hi, Anyone know whats involed in the medical (TVP)? Also did anyone reading this attend a fitness test on 3rd nov 08 @ sulhamstead and already heard back about their medical date? Cheers Dalboy

  9. Mondo1546620329
    Started by Mondo1546620329 * ,

    Hello, This is a pretty minor issue but I have not read anywhere or been given any 100% guranteed info on this. BTW I am currently at my first interview stage for the Strathclyde Police. When speaking to a probation officer I was told that you can have a full-grown beard short and well trimed (smart looking no patches etc) like myself, but should ask for permission from your stations superiors first. I have also seen officers with facial hair on the various division branches on the Strathclyde website. Though Ive also heard (not strathclyde specific) that its only for skin conditions or religous beliefs. My Hair and facial hair are both short and well trimmed (very sm…

    • 2 replies
    • 2.5k views
    Mondo1546620329 *
  10. replicator00
    Started by replicator00,

    If anyone could put my mind at ease, When i was 10 i had a serious head injury which resulted in " a depressed skull fracture " which can be put down to a freak golfing acident..say no more. Im now 24 no history of any reoccuring problems or need to take medication, epilepsy or anything of that nature. Just required surgery and i was playing football again within 3 weeks. However, my application is currently on hold as Occupational Health would like to request my full medical history to investigate further. Is this something i should be worried about or just a precaution? I appreciate its highly unlikely someone is in the same situation who reads this post, im also awa…

    • 4 replies
    • 430 views
    sykes1545925530
  11. Doms28
    Started by Doms28,

    Hi All, I am looking to rent a room in the oxfordshire area from late december! bad timing i know. Does anyone know of any available? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 575 views
  12. Yol
    Started by Yol,

    I am really worried about the fitness. I have my medical for Northumbria on the 19/09/08 so I am aiming to have my fitness sorted by then so that I will be prepared when the date for the fitness arrives. I have spoken to a friend who has recently done the fitness and he said that he went up to level 10 and most of the girls were in till at least level 7. They were told at the end that they all needed to improve. I have been training 6 days in 7 I was doing the bleep test up my back lane and still only achieving level 5.4 just and 6 on a couple of occasion. Cause I was worried about this I spoke to the trainer @ the gym she said to stop doing the bleep test and do some …

    • 16 replies
    • 310 views
  13. jacko6686
    Started by jacko6686,

    just been looking at the online tracking titles on the communication centre. One of the messages for a successful applicant is "invite to telephone interview", has anyone had one of these?

    • 2 replies
    • 420 views
  14. MJF1988
    Started by MJF1988 * ,

    Hi all, I want to start preparing for when Kent Police start up the recruitment process again (in around 3 months). As you all know you have to wait another 6 months if they don’t accept your application. So I want to make 100% sure I prepare for the day I start filling the application form in. As I am still relatively young (just turned 20). I think it’ll be best for me to start as a PCSO for a good 2 years or so, to prepare me for becoming a PC. Has anyone else taken the same route? If so would you recommend it? Basically the purpose for this thread is to ask you fellow members who have more experience, what I should do now to score me the most ‘points’ com…

    • 3 replies
    • 350 views
  15. BeckyBee
    Started by BeckyBee,

    Hello everyone Just a quick question that I hope someone can answer! How long do the security vetting checks and background checks roughly take? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.