Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mk1982
    Started by mk1982,

    It has been a year since I originally applied to TVP. I have just passed my fitness and I am waiting for my medical at the end of the month as well as an answer from vetting. These past two months have been a bit of a nightmare. My missus and I have split due to unresolvable issues and I have had to apply for a Debt management plan. I dont have any CCJs or anything like that though. Phew! I have notified TVP about the Debt plan and they referred it to vetting which has delayed my start date. Was supposed to join in February but they had to take me off the course to look further in to it. Understandable of course. I have just let them know about my relationship split. I…

    • 2 replies
    • 404 views
  2. TangoOscarMike
    Started by TangoOscarMike,

    Hello all- my first post I am in the process of applying for the force and amongst the research I have been doing I have come accross a verbal reasoning example and I have been struggling with one of the answers. Scenario: Some time of the night of October 1st, the Copacabana Club was burnt to the ground. The police are treating the fire as suspicious. The only facts known at this stage are:- The club was insured for more than its real value. The club belonged to John Hodges. Les Braithwaite was known to dislike John Hodges. Between October 1st and October 2nd, Les Braithwaite was away from home on a business trip. There were no fatalities. A plan of the clu…

    Universally_Challenged
  3. paul_btp_2008
    Started by paul_btp_2008,

    Just found out that I got my fitness test and uniform fitting on 3rd October!!! Finally, the last 6 months down the gym are gonna pay off!!

    • 20 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. anneritchie65
    Started by anneritchie65,

    Just a quick heads up! There is a problem with the heating at Tulliallan at the moment, any one due to start in november I would advise you to bring a duvet or sleeping bag as the rooms are freezing at night.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.8k views
  5. butt47jk
    Started by butt47jk,

    at the assessment centre do i take it for granted that the diversity question in the structured interview will be laid out the same as it is in my application?

  6. dt2008
    Started by dt2008,

    I have my familiarity day tomorrow and just wondered for those who have already attended there event what are we required to wear. I was thinking of suit as it is always best to make a good impression. I just wanted to know if anyone could give me any advice on this. Thank you.

    • 1 reply
    • 278 views
  7. No-Go
    Started by No-Go,

    Hiya I have an assessment on the 12th for Thames Valley Police and at present i am not getting myself particularly wound up or stressed because i know this will have a final impact on the end result. What would everyones advice be to revise (so to speak) before the assesment? Just read through the examples given in my application form for each competencies Re-Read the Westshire pack Practise the mental arithmatic and report questions Thanks

  8. kearslm
    Started by kearslm,

    my assesment day is the 4th dec as a pcso....but in the pack they sent me it only says that i have a mathematical multiple choice, a verbal reasoning multiple choice and a written exercise. no-where does it mention role plays, or physical. is this right??? also what should i wear for the assesment day? a suit? thank you for all your help matt

    • 3 replies
    • 511 views
  9. Dirt_Monkey_11546620294
    Started by Dirt_Monkey_11546620294,

    I have a start date, for Durham, of the 16th of March!!!! Any one else got the same date Jason

    • 1 reply
    • 457 views
  10. ospreyfan
    Started by ospreyfan,

    Has anyone here transferred their application from Gwent after passing the Police Officer assessment centre in February??

    • 4 replies
    • 802 views
  11. remster78
    Started by remster78,

    Sorry, the police is definitely for me! I'm sure of that now. I'm just a bit apprehensive I guess (which is normal) and have some personal worries. But I'll deal with those and will give the job 110%! The police has always interested me since i was a kid and I don't know why i doubted it.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. Finbar1733
    Started by Finbar1733,

    Just got my results from my Met A/C back and got 59% as im not going to let that get me down im thinkin of my other options like tranfering to essex once their recruitin starts again.. Was just wonderin is this a good idea? Essex actually quite apeals to me now as a good place to start my career, when are they recruiting again??? Thanks for any help or advise..

    • 2 replies
    • 816 views
  13. kearslm
    Started by kearslm,

    hi newbie here. through to my vetting now with lancs for pcso. i currently live with my girlfriend and have done for 4 yrs. her brother (who we dont talk to) is serving time in prison for breaching his tag.....will this hinder my application? thanks matt

    • 2 replies
    • 423 views
  14. Tom_B1546620334
    Started by Tom_B1546620334 * ,

    I am currently in my final year of an english literature degree.For the last two years the Police Service has been at the forefront of my career ideas. However, I have some queries.Whilst I am not overly concerned by salary, I was wondering how difficult promotion is to attain?What are the chances of achieving a rank higher than Sergeant for example? Also, how highly can everybody recommend the job?My research that I have done has imbued a sense of excitement at the prospect of applying. Many thanks

  15. Wiley1546620145
    Started by Wiley1546620145,

    How many people out there know how long vetting for Derbyshire usually takes (from own experiences) and are there any people awaiting their vetting results? If so It'd be nice to hear from you so we can keep each other updated.

    • 6 replies
    • 555 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.