Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bingster
    Started by bingster,

    I have my assesment centre for GMP next Thursday and I'm absolutely bricking it! Ever since I got the workbook from the awareness evening last week I've been working through it and I just cant pass the numerical reasoning tests. I will admit maths has never been my strong point. I've set alarms for 12 mins and the furthest I have got in 12mins is to question 15! Am I screwed? I mean if I completely balls up the numerical reasoning test is there still hope for me, will I still have a chance to pass?

    • 18 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. newbie1
    Started by newbie1,

    Hi all. Just heard that my medical has been passed to disability discrimation act! I've had asthma since I was 12 yrs old, Im now 30, never had any problems and am fitter than most... Can not believe this has been refered. I was told by the doc I had passed my medical and all was fine, has anyone had this problem before, or know why this has happened??? All I want is for the process to be smooth, but guess I can only hope! Newbie

    • 4 replies
    • 379 views
  3. bingster
    Started by bingster,

    I'm going to the assesment centre at GMP's Sedgley Park on the 20th November but I'm not sure what to wear. I dont want to over dress but dont want to look like I couldnt be bothered, any suggestions?

    • 3 replies
    • 169 views
  4. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    Hi Every Body! Could somebody tell me how Thames Valley run their community placement, Do you have write an essay or do a presentation?What they are expecting for you to achieve from this exercise? How can i prepare this ? please any help in this department will be greatly appreciated!

    • 2 replies
    • 711 views
  5. Scottish_guy
    Started by Scottish_guy * ,

    Hey guys, just wondering here, ive got my final fitnesss for starthclyde next week. Ive heard loads of different stuff about timescale, is it 10 or 12 mins for the 1.5 mile run?? Also is the push pull test done aswell then?? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 119 views
  6. Jagman007
    Started by Jagman007 * ,

    Hi folks,I will be assessed next week so I am getting quite anxious,in a positive way I really want to pass so I can focus on the next stages. Will anyone else be assessed next week? (GMP)

  7. dayday85
    Started by dayday85,

    Hi there everyone, this is my first post on here and hope i can get some help and advice. Just recieved my letter saying my a\c day for northumbria police is on the 11th of december. Feel like it's a bit too close for comfort and not my stomach is in knots but excited at the same time. Was just wondering if anyone else is going to this a\c day or if anyone can offer any advice about the day. Do you have 2 interviews on the day or are they on different days? what are role plays about? are they just like listening to the victim and offering advice? that kind of thing? would be great to know and look forward to hearing from people about it. Thanx. dayna xxx

  8. Lee-Ann
    Started by Lee-Ann,

    Hi All, Got my letter through a few days ago, i start on the 17th November! Anybody else starting on this date? Lee-Ann x

  9. BeckyBee
    Started by BeckyBee,

    Hi everyone, just a little question really. I have passed application and assessment centre stages and have now been given a fitness, medical and welsh test (appplying for North Wales Police) date of 19th November. Does this mean that because i have been given a date for these test that I have passed some sort of security checks? Its just I thought that the checks come before the tests which makes sense. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Becca

  10. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    Hello, Just wondered how strict the assessors are with facial hair, I have light stubble and dont want to give a bad impression. I have heard you need to be clean shaven however, I look about ten when I do this I'm infact 22 and haven't shaved properly for a couple of years. Anyone with any suggestions ?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Davey1546620313
    Started by Davey1546620313,

    I've just been moved from the 26th Jan to the 8th Dec, great news. anyone else joining then?

    • 18 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. thebamsco
    Started by thebamsco * ,

    Hi folks I am considering applying for Strathclyde Police and wonder if any of you know if there is a minimum hearing requirement. I have approx 50% hearing in my left ear and full capability in my right. Would this make me fail the medical? Your help appreciated. Cheers John

    • 2 replies
    • 153 views
  13. MT76
    Started by MT76,

    Hi all I have passed my fitness test at the MET and am now waiting on vetting - been a week so far. When do you think I should tell work? I get on really really well with my bosses and love (most of the time) my job. I want to tell them but, I suppose I wouldn't really be doing myself any favours. As much as I get on well with them I know my boss will tell everyone and I don't really want people to know yet (in case vetting goes wrong etc). When can I expect the MET to ask for a reference? I said latest possible date but when do you think that would be? In one way I am excited and want to tell everybody but something is telling me to stay quiet. I don't really wa…

    • 7 replies
    • 579 views
  14. d_taz
    Started by d_taz * ,

    hiya jst wanted to know if anybody had received their results yet from AC on 21st OCT at hendon? im getting very nervous now as i have still not heard and am worried about ringing up. also does anybody know the correct break down of allocation of marks.....i heard the maths n verbal were only worth 2.5% overall....is this true?

    • 1 reply
    • 135 views
  15. pee909
    Started by pee909,

    Hey, Im just wondering what the best way t find out when different forces are recruiting is? I know there is a list up on the Could You website, but is there a way of getting better info or is it just a case of checking that every day!? Thanks for any help guys!

    • 0 replies
    • 438 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.