Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. CM_8511546620330
    Started by CM_8511546620330,

    Hi Just wanted to let people know that last night I attended a Support session for the Met. I had to call up the careers office to book a place as I was not offered one in my day 1 pack. If you get the opportunity definitely go, it gives you a great insight into what the day will be like, the staff answer any questions you have and you get to talk to oher candidates about prep. I feel a lot more confident now going into the day 1. So if you did not get offered a support session, phone the careers office and book one, it is well worth it. Carl

    CM_8511546620330
  2. thebell
    Started by thebell,

    I'm looking to apply for MDP but would be grateful if someone could clarify whether your 2 years probationer training is always at Aldermaston or what circumstances would allow you to go somewhere else (own home and young family. Many thanks

  3. Nufcpaul
    Started by Nufcpaul,

    Hi, Ecstatic is a word that I haven’t used for some time now, but after passing medical and fitness tests I have finally received my official start date of the 8th of December within Durham Constabulary, ecstatic might even be an understatement! I applied to Durham September last year, so after the long winding process the wait has been worth every minute of its while. I simply cannot wait to get started. I was looking for a little advice on the initial weeks and the work that was involved. Within my official letter of appointment it detailed to read through the Staff induction booklet prior to attending, of which I have done however I cannot help but think there is …

    • 9 replies
    • 826 views
    Dirt_Monkey_11546620294
  4. Pengu
    Started by Pengu,

    Hi, Does anyone know where Essex Police do their initial Training for PC's?

  5. warriors2008
    Started by warriors2008,

    Hi All, I have my A/C for Greater Manchester in a couple of weeks. I attended the awareness evening last night and, whilst talking to a couple of people there, a question was raised about correct terminology. What is everyones take on what is "right" & "wrong" with regards to how people are addressed, i.e do we call someone in a wheelchair " a disabled person", " a person with a disability" or something else? Any other examples of this type of what is "right" ?

    • 1 reply
    • 200 views
  6. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    First and foremost I am 100% going to apply for the regulars during the next recruitment window as I have finished uni and intend to carry on with my career aspirations as a Police Officer. However, in the meantime, I have strongly considered the Specials, to get a good taste of frontline policing, and to give me some more life experience. Also the experience of PIRT, medical and fitness tests and the general recruitment process could be helpful. I did have an application to the regulars rejected by my chosen force 3 months ago, and I am aware I cannot reapply for 6 months - which is fortunate as they anticipate recruiting next early spring, which means I will be elliga…

    • 5 replies
    • 726 views
    Marty41546620191
  7. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    hi if i was rejected by TVP in septmber this year (failed vetting but now know why) can i apply to the MOD police now or do i still have to wait the 6 months? thanks

  8. No-Go
    Started by No-Go,

    Right I have my assesment this wenesday and i feel prepared for the role plays, maths and written tests but the one thing that is REALLY worrying me is the interview!! Now i have set incidents for each of the 7 competencies but my worry is if they ask me a question which does not cover my chosen incident or does not fit in with it? Having to mould my answer to fit the question on the spot is going to be VERY hard!! For example Tell me about a time when you have had to take into account someone else's opinion? Now this would loosely fit into RRD Now my example was when working i had to deal with a large group of youths who were intimidating and bullying a disabled l…

    • 4 replies
    • 131 views
  9. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    I am sitting the Bleep test for the 1st time on the 9th Dec i now i am aiming for 7.3 for my age group . how many shuttles is that ? it's new to me ? any insider tips ?

    • 14 replies
    • 308 views
  10. butt47jk
    Started by butt47jk,

    did anyone go to the gmp awareness today 12/11/2008 there were around 130 people there. thought there were going to be around a dozen people or so . even the recruitment officer said she was over whelmed.

  11. andyvk
    Started by andyvk,

    Hello i have my final interview next week and am preparing for it now. i am really struggling to find a good answer why i have chosen this force!! I do have a basis to my answer from my application but just dont know how to expand on it or what information i need to look at.. can someone help me please? also the question what do you expect from the police? is that basically the same question as to what tasks you expect to be udertaken in the role?? any help will be appreciated!!! Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 109 views
  12. wiz075
    Started by wiz075,

    Hi All, I'm looking for a bit of gen on transferring to Northern. Anyone going or gone through the process. I've the assesment coming up soon. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 722 views
  13. wannabepoliceofficer
    Started by wannabepoliceofficer,

    Anyone know where I can get my hands on an application form so I can look at the questions and practice my answers in preperation for my proper application. The two forces I am considering applying for are only opening up a short window for recruitment and are only issuing an x amount of applications, so I can't get one from them yet. Appreciate any assistance offered. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 688 views
    wannabepoliceofficer
  14. JEFF27
    Started by JEFF27,

    HI GUYS JUST BEEN READING INFO ON VETTING,DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE WEST MERCIA STANDS ON IVA'S I'VE HAD ONE RUNNING NOW FOR TWO YEARS,THREE YEARS LEFT WITH NO MISSED PAYMENTS??

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. TomJoyce1546620270
    Started by TomJoyce1546620270,

    Does anyone know the intake dates/months for Cleveland this year? I have reason to believe that it is October. However - with the A/C on the 6th September I can't see me starting in October... If anyone knows any inside info please share! Thanks, Tom

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.