Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
just wandered if anyone had a medical for derbyshire recently?? i am a little worried as i had time off for work related stress this year and had councilling! there were circumstances which i hope they will understand, but will be gutted if i fail at this late stage. any help appreciated
-
- 3 replies
- 107 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
I have my uniform fitting on 26th November for WMP. Does anyone know what I can expect to be issued with on the day?
-
Just wondering I see alot of people discussing applications to the Met. How many vacancies are there? Some say 2000 some say 3000 but they are recruiting till March 2009.
-
As the information that the application guidelines give is slightly ambiguous, I was wondering if anyone knew if you are still eligible for the role as police officer if you own a restaurant/cafe in another force's area. Thanks.
-
- 1 reply
- 440 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Everyone, Just come across this forum today and thort I would join. Ok here is my question: About seven weeks ago I attended an interview for a Police Staff job. I was told that they would contact me within a month to let me know how I did. About three weeks ago I received a phone call from someone who said they were from "vetting". She asked me to clarify some info on my Vetting form - nothing dodgy - the form had asked for postcodes of the addresses of my family, which I supplied - she wanted me to supply the full addresses. Since then I have heard nothing back. A friend of mine had applied for the same role and he contacted them a couple of days ago only to be …
-
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9-WTiW8W8Dk&...feature=channel Not for the lacking in humour!
-
Does anybody know if Hants will be getting the new uniform for all its officers. Black polo t shirt and combats Ta
-
Hi all, Im very new on here so take it easy on me! I have a quick question regarding Cleveland Police's recruitment. I found out I passed the Assessment Centre a couple of weeks ago and was subsequently informed I'd be invited to fitness / medical tests. I have yet to hear from Recruitment, and was wondering whether other members may be in the same postion, and if so, do the know when the tests are liely to be - and resulting from that the actual start dates? Thankyou for your help. Graham
-
I have received my day one, 29th Nov, is there anyone else out there with the same date. Be nice to have some names to put to faces when i get there?
-
Hi, Just needed to clarify something. If my vetting was cleared, then what is the big orange security form all about? is it just to check against terrorism, or other stuff to. just a bit panicky again as i've only got my medical to do now. Cheers Dalboy
-
- 7 replies
- 943 views
- 1 follower
-
-
just wondering if anyone knows if all past employers noted on the application form are contacted for dates of employement, or if they (the MET) only go back 5 years????
-
Well I found out today that I start 8th December, cant wait thanks to all the members and staff on here. This site has been a great help and cant thank you all enough! :smiley_notworthy: So who else is joining me on the 8th then???
-
Hi, I'm new here and I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I've graduated and I'm looking to join the police force during the next wave of recruitment in my area. However, I have quite a rare medical condition that no one has ever heard of, and the degree of severity and symptoms that it affects someone varies from person to person. I was wondering how I would find out whether my condition would stop me from joining the police force outright? And if not, what sort of information would I need to provide and how would it be assessed? Odion
-
Am about to join BPT and just wondering what the situation is regarding free time on residential training. When based at Tadworth, can one vacate the premises of a weekend (obviously if operational needs allow it)? I'll be travelling from Liverpool and, like most people, have a private life to consider. I'm a bit confused as the written literature i have through states that student officers are generally required to vacate their accomodation at the weekend when at City University London five weeks later (if commuting), but I was told that for Tadworth permission is normally required. Is there a difference?