Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bob1
    Started by bob1,

    I was DV vetted which ran out in 2006 but when you are DV you automatically get SC vetting for ten years. I'm SC until 2011, does anyone know if this means I'll skip the vetting stage of the recruitment phase?

  2. stevodale
    Started by stevodale * ,

    Hello, Just recently joined this forum so this is my first post. I've got my final interview in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had any advice about what to expect? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

  3. CM_8511546620330
    Started by CM_8511546620330,

    Hi I have my A/C day on the 26th and I am currently preparing. Does anyone else have the same A/C day. At the moment I am mainly concentrating on the Interview but having read a couple of posts I am thinking I might be worrying about the wrong area? Does anyone know what is the best areas to focus on with revision. I have been looking at all areas but spend most of my time looking at the interview. any help appreciated.

    • 2 replies
    • 91 views
    CM_8511546620330
  4. mark p
    Started by mark p,

    Just wanted to apologize for my drunken and childish posts that i posted the other night, i hope i did not offend too many people.

    • 3 replies
    • 205 views
  5. StrathclydeK
    Started by StrathclydeK,

    Any advice on this? ie I'v downloaded the test and it has 11 sections, how many levels will they ask you to do the website states 6.7 for my age group.

    • 3 replies
    • 209 views
  6. weephil
    Started by weephil,

    Hey guys can anyone give me any pointers or advice about the final and what to expect on the day. Thanks

    • 17 replies
    • 307 views
  7. ospreyfan
    Started by ospreyfan,

    Hello Is anyone aware if the proposed intake for January 2009 with Gwent Police is still going ahead.I have contacted recruitment but as yet no decision has been made by the authority. Has anyone else here applied with Gwent?

    • 0 replies
    • 465 views
  8. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    Is it possible to opt out of the pension scheme? If it is, can you then start it a few years after you're in? Thanks.

  9. hassall2406
    Started by hassall2406,

    Hi all Just got A/C results back today from the west mids , and passed. just wondering on the next stage of the process, do they contact your current employer for a reference, do i need to tell my boss about what iam doing and that they might contact him. Also does any one know how long the background checks can take. Thanks again.

    • 4 replies
    • 610 views
  10. paul_btp_2008
    Started by paul_btp_2008,

    I got my medical with BTP in just under 2 weeks. Looking at different posts, I have noticed that most people get a medical questionnaire to fill in before they go. I have not been given this and can't find any mention of it in my paperwork. Does anyone know if I should have one? Before anyone says call recruitment, I tried calling for 3 hours yesterday but nobody answers!!

  11. just trying
    Started by just trying,

    Ay up folks i would like to say a big thankyou to everyone on the forums for the advice and subject matter that i was able to read and understand what was expected also general info. Its a long process, phewwww i made it ! To all those who are going through the recruitment process i wish you all the best in joining Again cheers Applied to Derbyshire Constabulary: July 07 Passed application process: Oct 07 Assessment centre: 1st May 08 - Passed Fitness test: June 08 - Passed Drugs Test: June 08 - Passed Medical: July 08 - Passed Vetting Cleared: Sept 08 Pre-induction day: 9th Dec 08 Derbyshire Intake start: 12th Jan 09 - Attestation Date: 22nd Jan 09

    • 9 replies
    • 786 views
  12. livi
    Started by livi,

    Hey Am looking for some help and info about the strathclyde final interview. I found out today that i have my final interview on wednesday its been over 10 weeks since my initial and was fearing the worst as i hadn't heard anything for so long. if theres anyone kind enough to give me some guidance about what kind of things they ask and what i should be studying again i would very much appreciate it. Thanks Dave

  13. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    I had my confirmation today that the MET had recieved my application form. I was sittitng watching the TV tonight and just had a horrible thought! I was driving a fire engine about 6 years ago and was involved in an accident and the police questioned me for dangerous driving. I remember that the two officers wrote everything down that I said and I had to sign a statement. Fortunately I got a phone call a week later saying that they were not going to proceed. Should I have declared this and if I should have, is it too late to say anything? JOHN

  14. Prokofiev
    Started by Prokofiev * ,

    Hi, wondered if anyone had experience of taking the transferee interview for Northumbria Police, and any tips on what to expect? THANKS!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. jonathan123456789
    Started by jonathan123456789,

    I have just had a phone call with my provisional offer and my start date is 2nd feb. I have been told that i will be working in the buckinghamshire BCU. Can anyone give me a list of the stations in this BCU. I put down high wycombe and aylesbury as my 1st and 2nd choice so hopefully i'll get one of these 2 but thier is no guarentee so was just wondering what other stations their are?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.