Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. drummond
    Started by drummond,

    Hi just a wee question for you lucky people who have sat your SET test. I have got mine on 2nd Nov and have been doing police practice papers from www.policepracticepapers.co.uk.I am fine doing them seem to do well i am not the best at the information handling one time wise was just curious what the one you sat on the day was like compared to the practice one... Thanks..............

    • 1 reply
    • 143 views
  2. dt2008
    Started by dt2008,

    What patrol boots would you recommend? I am starting in January and would like to buy some boots that are of a very high quality so that they will last instead of some boots which will only last 6 to 9 months before wearing away. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 289 views
  3. anneritchie65
    Started by anneritchie65,

    Hey Guys, Im doin the Panel Interview for Central Scotland Police this Thurs........ any tips or advice?????

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
    rossmunro19821546620279
  4. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    I know there's a post just before on a VERY similar subject, that's to shave or not. But I have a box beard. grew it after I left the army (because I could) and I've had it for nearly 8 years now. A few people here are saying clean shaven, I can still achieve that. But would it really make a difference if I went to the interview with it, or should I shave it off. I not just after advice - I after if I'm allowed it or not! I must warn you that the wife will not be impressed if it goes and I'll end end up looking like an egg as I've lost most of my hair! Help! - As you can see below it's for GMP

    • 9 replies
    • 681 views
  5. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    i am slightly under the 18.5 on the BMI. will i fail the medical cause of this or will they use there discretion. all other aspects i am fully fit. i am at a gym trying to get bigger.

    • 12 replies
    • 372 views
  6. PCposton
    Started by PCposton * ,

    Hi All, I applied to essex police last month and yet still havent heard anything? im assuming this is a bad sign? is there a certain time in which your meant to recieve feedback, i dont think i would get in anyway, all because i have a small tattoo on my hand! its inoffensive and is the only reason i feel i wouldnt get in, my fitness is good, my eyes, no convictions, good grades at school, sixth form n uni, no financial problems. oh! i so want to get in......any help? thanks x

    • 3 replies
    • 416 views
  7. MT76
    Started by MT76,

    Does anybody have any idea of the start dates for the MET. I have my fitness test next week (dreading it) but if I passed that and the other formalities, when can I be looking at joining - January? Bearing in mind, I need to give a months notice at work. Can you delay start dates etc? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 404 views
  8. kate1982
    Started by kate1982,

    Hi I start in a few weeks and just got my letter to say i will take my physical again on the first day! i have been training but anybody know if i fail do i get chance to re take it or is that it??????? Thanks Kate

  9. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    Just wanted to see if anyone has a assesment centre date for Northumbria in April, I have just found out that I passed papersift today. Had to call recruitment to find out but a letter is on the way apparently... Thanks to everyone who passed on help and advice, it really helped a lot.

    • 19 replies
    • 970 views
  10. willz90
    Started by willz90,

    Hello Just intrested if anyone is attending the Met assesment centre on 5th Nov? Looked at the pack they send and it looks very daunting,

    • 7 replies
    • 329 views
  11. kate1982
    Started by kate1982,

    Hay Just wondering if anyone else is starting on this date???

    • 9 replies
    • 958 views
  12. Mcluvin
    Started by Mcluvin,

    Hi all, I received my a/c pack through the post today, yipee. Ive already done alot of preperation for the day, especially the competency interview. I believed I had 4 very strong answers. But what I hadnt counted on was them changing one of the questions to 'problem solving'!! Im racking my brains now and cannot think of a scenario that hits the positive indicators To try and get my brain motoring, can any one think of any possible questions? Thanks everyone

    • 5 replies
    • 241 views
  13. jon25771546081180
    Started by jon25771546081180,

    Can anyone recommend a good hotel near the Peel Centre on Aerodrome road? Want to stay over night before as I have to be there for 8am. Thanks J

  14. chickpea
    Started by chickpea,

    Hello! I know warwickshire work 6 on 4 off, is it the same for Northants?

    • 0 replies
    • 337 views
  15. drewfrew
    Started by drewfrew,

    Hi i ve got my final interview on tuesday.. i been told that in comparison to the initial its more of a grilling with regards to views opinions scenarios etc BUT i have also heard that depending on the panel you get you may have gotten a interview like that for your first interview.. I feel as though I got a bit of hard time in my initial on all fronts (55min long) So i was wondering how you guys felt your initial was with respect to this? was it quite straight forward or did you feel you had done crap like me (and passed)? As im kakin it cause the first was quite scary b good to know your thoughts etc Mark

    • 3 replies
    • 162 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.