Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. GAB1
    Started by GAB1 * ,

    Hi there, i have my final interview tommorow for Strathclyde, would be very grateful if anyone had any last minute advice for me Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 494 views
  2. ChrisDownes
    Started by ChrisDownes,

    I have my fitness on 3rd Dec, and am in process of getting fit in prep. What warm up do GMP do for the fitness? Is it the bleep test to a lower level, or stretches etc? Also, do GMP stop everyone at 5.4 or allow you to see how far you can go? I'm concerned about pacing myself on the actual test, but hope it will be easier once doing it as there will be a group running together...

  3. karl1981
    Started by karl1981,

    Hi all I applied for NWP in March and failed the Papersift, now I have been told that they are recruiting again in September so would i be eligible to reapply then as it would be 6 months just or would I have to wait another 6 months before applying?

  4. pcplum532
    Started by pcplum532 * ,

    Aswell as the uniform stated in the list, do you also recieve public order equipment or is that later. And do you have to buy your own boots. Thanks

  5. chris2507
    Started by chris2507,

    A few of you may of read my problems I had with Merseyside police. I had a few conversations with diffirent forces last week. Im heading more towards joining the MET, Does anyone know how long its roughly taking from firts application to starting training? Ive heard a few people say 2 years? This cant be true can it? I couldnt understand why there recruitment window would be constantly open if it was taking this long or is this the reason why? Thanks

  6. lane_harry@hotmail.com
    Started by lane_harry@hotmail.com,

    Hello *For Northumbria* How long after submitting forms do you get dates? Are Medical/Fitness on the same day? Harry

    • 7 replies
    • 180 views
    lane_harry@hotmail.com
  7. hollyjblue
    Started by hollyjblue,

    Hiya, i have my met assessment day at Hendon 11/11/08 and am getting so many different ideas/feedback about the day, i feel like my heads going to explode :) is anyone else extremely anxious about the whole day? a lot of people say they have memorised answers for the interview, are you using your examples from your application form?

  8. danny1
    Started by danny1,

    Has anyone who attended the assessment day on Oct 16th heard anything back yet? Just curious!

  9. Kirstin
    Started by Kirstin,

    Hi, Is anyone else doing set & fitness at Jackton this Sunday? Hope to see lots of fired up people determined to achieve great things. Stevie

    • 4 replies
    • 162 views
  10. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    Hiya i have been on a dyno at a gym. i can do the push and pull passing the required pass mark. However i was wondering. when you push its counts 1, 2, 3. do u have to wait til it counts to 4 to push again. or can you push and then pull back and push again. hoipe tht makes some sense pls sum 1 help

    • 4 replies
    • 194 views
  11. andy_w
    Started by andy_w,

    Hi, I have my day at the assessment in November and wonder if there was a pass grade eg 60% and if anyone knows what it is for the CNC? Also are the questions in the reasoning tests similar to the examples they give you? Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 135 views
  12. CuffedPerp
    Started by CuffedPerp,

    Hello to all my UK counterparts. I am an active NYPD Police Officer and I stumbled across this site via Google. I decided to register and post after reading all the disinformation in regards our pay and benefits. After 5.5 years of service: Base Pay: USD $76,400 Longevity Pay: USD $ 5,600 (increases at 10, 15, 20 years of service) Holiday pay: USD $ 3,300 Uniform Allowance: USD $ 1,000 Total Compensation: USD $86,300 plus night differential pay and overtime. Most Officers will clear USD $100K each year. Sergeants, Lieutenants, Captains (the next three ranks) are all achieved via Civil Serice exams and make approximately 15% more than the previous rank. Pension aft…

    • 2 replies
    • 197 views
  13. Dorset_Boy
    Started by Dorset_Boy,

    Guy, I have got a quick question, If you are invited for a final inerview by the strathclyde police, does that mean you have passed the vetting i am bit confused, i am invited for interview next week, but they took 3 months to complete the vetting, but i havenot been told whether i have passed the vetting or not? So just wondered if you know that the invitation for the final interview means that vetting has been cleared. thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. matttyc
    Started by matttyc * ,

    guys, I am a hampshire pcso starting my pc course in sussex in january. In hampshire the PCs have just started to all be trained in there amber driving(blues and twos to jobs but no persuits.) I have heard that the majority of police forces are amber trained from probation. Is this the case with sussex or are they only green trained. Also which other forces have amber or only green courses in training. I think the brand new ford focuses in Hampshire are working a treat with hampshire shift officers, i hope all other foces have the chance of such great training and effectiveness.

    • 2 replies
    • 508 views
    Tim in the South
  15. almost
    Started by almost,

    Hello all. can anyone please offer me any advice. i am so worried, i had my medical last friday and i passed with no problems. I have already had my fitness test and passed that also. however,i am so worried as five years ago i had lower back pain, this was caused by me constantly lifting and carrying my daughter around. I have been to the doctors to get my medical form signed and my doctor has ticked the box that says i am not able to carry out physical strenuous activities!!! i am absolutely deverstated as this was five years ago and i have had NO problems since. I was never even given any medication by the doctor at the time, just told me to go home and take some ibpr…

    • 6 replies
    • 570 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.