Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jacko6686
    Started by jacko6686,

    Hi all, this is to anyone whos applied for west yorks police, has anyone had their application processed yet?

    • 4 replies
    • 367 views
  2. wildhearts
    Started by wildhearts,

    Hi, I had my A/C with Northumbria on Tuesday and only managed to answer 17 of the maths questions, although I'm confident these were all correct. Does anybody know what the percentage needed is for passing these tests, especially maths? Got a long 28 day wait now...arrrgghh

  3. Hairy Brain
    Started by Hairy Brain,

    Hey folks a little advice please. Recently had my familiarisation evening with Lothian & Borders (just a talk designed to scare off the people who aren't really up to it) Now the head of recruitment said to let them know of any involvement that we may have had in the past with the police, that we failed to mention in the form. I don't have any convictions and have never been arrested. I disclosed the 2 fixed penalties i have recieved (one for speeding and one parking ticket). Now i may be totally naive or just over anxious, but when i was younger i did have my details taken down a couple of times for a couple of nothing incidents, which was in the era of notepads …

    • 2 replies
    • 477 views
  4. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Ive recieved a (unjust) ban and fine, from my local FA, for recieving a red card during a league game a few weeks ago. Its not my job, its a recreational team formed with friends, although we do play in an FA Refereed league, hence them getting involed. The incident happened during a confrontation with an opposition player, whom subsequently put his head in my face, going "head to head" with me. I pushed his head away with my head, and the referee has noted that I made a "headbutting motion towards the opposing goalkeeper". The ban and fine are described as standard for "head to head contact" I can appeal the decison if I wish, but it has started to get me worried abou…

    • 2 replies
    • 409 views
  5. geminilady
    Started by geminilady,

    I can't quite believe I'm starting Monday. :shock: For all you guys already training in Chelmsford please be nice to us newbies!

    • 38 replies
    • 2.9k views
  6. yoda0195
    Started by yoda0195,

    Hi, Just thought would let other people who have applied for merseyside police ion the recent recruitmment. I have jad my answer, my application was rejected. so hopefully everyone shold hear soon. I am aware i can not re-apply for 6 months is that just to merseyside or any force??? Thanks sorry about previous spelling at work so have to be quick!

    • 21 replies
    • 2.2k views
  7. colette1546620157
    Started by colette1546620157,

    Does anyone know how long after starting it is before a person can drive a police car? Are there any special driving tests that need to be passed before being allowed to drive one? Thanks, Colette.

  8. iorddonen
    Started by iorddonen,

    Hello all, Id just like to thank everyone for their help and support over the last year. I found out this morning that ive passed my second interview with Kent police and have my fitness next month. Its totally amazing, cant believe it. Just wanna say to anyone that in the middle of the application process. Don’t give up, keep going. Its taken me a year to get to this point so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks to everyone though, really made a big difference. J

    • 1 reply
    • 122 views
  9. Andrewgoat
    Started by Andrewgoat,

    Hi, anyone know how long I'll be waiting until I get my medical test date? Passed my fitness test today at Sulhamstead...

    • 3 replies
    • 143 views
  10. Nufcpaul
    Started by Nufcpaul,

    Hi, I am due to attend my fitness and medical tests on the 30th and 5th of November. I have taken a look on the police could you website and found some valuable information there on the fitness test, however very little on the medical. I have heard all sorts of stories and was simply after clarification of all the tests the medical staff conduct. I have recently had knee trouble, of which resulted in numerous injections and fear that my application may suffer as a result. Any advice on both tests and what they consist of would be appreciated. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 277 views
  11. Kirstin
    Started by Kirstin,

    Hey everyone, I am 47 and will be doing SET & fitness for Strathclyde on Sunday 26th October, am I the oldest to do so and can anyone offer an insight into what I should expect. I have the past papers and have been training for the run so prep should be fine it is more the format etc I am interested in. Many thanks in advance for any help available. Stevie

    • 9 replies
    • 252 views
  12. joe_mac
    Started by joe_mac,

    just looking for some idea, as to what will be involved in the final fitness test. (ie do you do both the mile and a half run and bleep test or is it one or the other depending on the weather).

    • 1 reply
    • 119 views
  13. get_some
    Started by get_some,

    Is the eyesight test black and white, ie if I cant read 6/36 then my application goes in the bin? Ive had fairly poor vision in one eye since I was a child, doesnt effect me at all but now I'm through a/c and fitness im starting to worry as a 2 different opticians have said different things!

    • 2 replies
    • 179 views
  14. stu23
    Started by stu23 * ,

    Hi everyone, Had my Initial Interview for the Strathclyde Force a couple of days ago and thought I would just pass on a few bits of information to help / reassure anyone that has their Initial Interview on the horizon. The interview seemed to last around 45 minutes in front of a panel of two. My interview was conducted by a recruitment officer and a PC in full attire. They will firstly go through your application again to check all info is correct and up to date. Then the main questions I encountered were: What research have you done? Why do you want to join the Police Force? Did you visit your local office and speak to a probationer? Tell us what you know about the…

    SHARK1546620300
  15. garyroach
    Started by garyroach,

    Hi What does this intail and what is the procedure to get on one.Do you just contact your local force and ask about one. Any help would be nice Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 355 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.