Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Amachelle
    Started by Amachelle,

    Hi all, Got a silly question, I'm completing a PCSO form and I'm typing it. On the form it say to complete it in black ink or type face. When I called recruitment to ask if there was a standard font size to use they said "oh I didnt think you could type it in" Am I ok to type it in seeing as the form states that you can use type face and I have been sent no additional info with my application to say you can only do it in hand writing?? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 282 views
  2. UDR
    Started by UDR,

    I applied for the Merseyside Police on 24th of Sept. I know its impossible to give an accurate answer as to when I will get a response but if someone could give me an estimate, in weeks or months that would be greatly helpful and it would stop me checking my email 5 times a day! Thanks UDR

    sparkstertom1546081064
  3. replicator00
    Started by replicator00,

    Hey got my A/C Leicestershire results today after 13 days of agony. Passed with 64%. Feels great! Anybody else get theres today?

    • 3 replies
    • 146 views
  4. mshep10
    Started by mshep10,

    Hi I am applying to join Northumbria Police force and I am currently filling out my online application form, i would jst like say i found all the stuff on this website very useful keep up the good work Michael

    • 2 replies
    • 298 views
  5. mshep10
    Started by mshep10,

    Hi i was wondering if anyone would help me by looking over my answers some of the questions for my application and just give me some help on wether they are good enough to pass or not?? I would jst email you my answers if you give me your email address Thanks for any help you can give me.

    • 1 reply
    • 330 views
  6. Mitchell891546081023
    Started by Mitchell891546081023,

    Hi Does anyone know the pass mark for the assessment centre for Northumbria police. Just passed application stage at age of 18 and am going for assessment centre in March 2009. Any feedback appreciated

    • 1 reply
    • 445 views
  7. vulture
    Started by vulture,

    Just got the letter through yesterday, starting 11th November at fettes then off to tulliallan on the 17th. Anyone else starting then... No matter how many people I speak to I still dont know what to expect. Still really exited though! Look forward to meeting you all

  8. K2rsty
    Started by K2rsty,

    Hey, I sent off my application to Essex Police on 5.09.08 and I received a letter back on the 10.09.08 saying they received my application and I needed to wait for the next stage of the recruitment process. Does this mean my application passed? The letter wasn't worded that well. My mate also applied and received the same letter. He thinks we have both passed. Can you help? K

    • 4 replies
    • 444 views
  9. brighton33330
    Started by brighton33330,

    hello people, i had my a/c on tues and i want people to know that it isnt as bad as many think. I believe i have failed my role play and written but simply due to the nerves i was having beforehand. im well up for another go in april but was wondering if anybody knew of any books that may help in revision?? im particulary interested in books with stuff about the written as i believe i cocked that up and im gutted about it! think i need to be more prepared next time. thanks for any help you give me!

    • 2 replies
    • 144 views
  10. kintama
    Started by kintama,

    Just found out I passed my A/C for the Met, 68%, cheers to all on this site, it was invaluable in the preparation. Just got to get ready for Day 2 now.

    • 1 reply
    • 333 views
  11. claireybear
    Started by claireybear,

    Hi Folks Just want to say I passed my final interview for Strathclyde on Thursday. I would just like to thank everyone for your help and support. Hopefully see you all soon. Claire

    • 6 replies
    • 304 views
  12. clivek
    Started by clivek,

    I have started to get some clicking in my knee which may be cartelige damage from a sports injury. getting it x-rayed on fri, only just sent my application for essex this month so not too worried yet. just needed to know if this would be something that would stop me being able to join the police thanks, clive.

    • 1 reply
    • 398 views
  13. newuserlancs
    Started by newuserlancs,

    Great forum.. Can anybody please summarise the recruitment process for Lancashire, (there are loads of different notes on this..!), and if possible, the average (or your experience) timescale for each? Does anybody know when Lancashire will next be recruiting? I missed out by not much..! Thanks

  14. glen10k
    Started by glen10k,

    I'm just starting week 5 at tulliallan and thought i would give you a bit of info about your first week at Jackton before i head back there for the week Arrive early probably aim for 20-30 minutes before the time to account for any traffic,roadworks etc. Guys wear a white shirt with your suit, no other colour or you risk the wrath of the sergeants. Think the girls are the same white blouse. You will go into the canteen then as a group will go to the lecture theatre where you will be seated in alphabetical order with a sticker on the arm of the chair which will give you your registration number,payroll number and division you will be going to. you will then probably be sp…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.8k views
  15. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    Hey guys!! i have my MET day 2 on the 22nd October (yikes) and have no idea what to wear, im planning on taking my joggers and trainers seperatly but have no idea if you are expected to wear a suit? or just to turn up casual! help!! Nikki

    • 2 replies
    • 154 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.