Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. lewjamben
    Started by lewjamben * ,

    I've just received my results from the assessment centre and I got 58%. Although this means I've passed the national pass rate, but (such is my luck) Derbyshire Constabulary's (to whom I applied) pass rate is 60%. Although I've missed out on my chosen force by 2%, I am able to transfer my application to another force. I'd appreciate it if you guys could tell me of any forces in the East Midlands or Midlands that are recruiting with a 50% pass rate. Many thanks in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 906 views
  2. StrathclydeK
    Started by StrathclydeK,

    I bought the Police Practice Papers Numbers 1-6: Based Upon the Scottish Police Forces' Standard Entrance Test.I have been practicing the question but keep getting the wrong answer according to the answers at the back of the book, has anyone experienced this themselves its Practice Paper 2 Que 12; Practice Paper 5 Que 18 and Practice Paper 6 Que 12. I have asked my sister who is a teacher and she is getting same answer as me but this is not correct according to the books.

    • 8 replies
    • 344 views
  3. iain187
    Started by iain187 * ,

    Hello all, I've always had the idea in my head that I was going to join the police, but at the time of looking for my first job (aged 18) I was told that it was rare to get in so young (a sentiment sort of reinforced here with 'lack of life experience') never-the-less it was enough to put me off and I ended up getting a 'normal' office job. Now the time has come in my office job (3 years on) where I have got as far as I'm going to get (it's a small company with no real further career progression) which has led me here, researching my police aspirations! My local forces are Cheshire and Merseyside, the latter recently opened recruitment. I started to complete an applica…

    • 8 replies
    • 614 views
  4. hill1546620313
    Started by hill1546620313,

    Hey everyone.. My first post so i'd like to say hello to all .. I have my Initial Interview for the Strathclyde Police Force coming up next week and Im here in hope that someone could answer some questions I have about the Appointment.. I have 3 points on my current UK driving licence for a speeding offense 4 years ago. I've no other Driving/Criminal Offenses. What I want to know is, will these 3 points on my licence affect my chances of getting into the Police Force?? As they go through the application with you at the start. ( has any1 got past the interview with points on their licence? ) Also Im going to see a Probationer Officer within the next 2 days and I was wo…

    • 1 reply
    • 148 views
  5. pottheed9593
    Started by pottheed9593,

    I have applied to the CNC and I am extremelly nervous about finding out if my app was successful - does anyone in the CNC know what the success rate is??

    • 1 reply
    • 321 views
  6. Baggio
    Started by Baggio,

    Hi there, This is my first post so any help would be appreciated. I have dug my tunnel so to speak in order to escape Northumbria. I have received a letter from Durham inviting me for interview on 05 Nov 2008, however I have just taken a call requesting that I re-arrange it for 14 Oct!! Sorry if I'm waffling but I did have plans to read their web-site and visit a few of the local nicks but obviously, due to time, that has been kaiboshed! Can anybody out there assist in what I would need to know for interview. I realise I will have to gen up on their policies but I don't want to run the risk of learning the wrong information and subsequently crashing in interview!!! T…

    • 1 reply
    • 518 views
  7. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    Hi all, I am wondering to ask what to wear on pre-joining fittness day, I understand that you will be measured for uniform, ID card and test itself. Do i put jean or some thing more formal!! cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 326 views
  8. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    Hi, after a long wait I have my A/C day for WMP. I must admit now its in black and white I'm rather nervious, but very excited to. I'm not the best at the written side of things as you maybe able to tell, anyone got any tips?. I know the pass mark for WMP is 50% but you can still get above this and fail on the written test . Oh yea forgot to say that my A/C day is the 25.11.08, which means I should have my results just before x-mas 'what a present'. If anyone has any advice I would very much appreciate it. Thanks and all the best to everyone in the process, chris

    • 2 replies
    • 137 views
  9. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    HI HAS ANYONE GOT A MEDICAL IN NOVEMBER FOR BEDS. ALSO A PROVISIONAL START DATE OF APRIL

  10. Jake 21
    Started by Jake 21,

    Hi everyone, Does anyone know if you can apply to become a special in one force at the same time as you are applying to become a regular officer in another force? If not, then if you are unsuccessful as a regular then is there a time limit on when you can then apply to the specials? By extension, does that then exclude you from applying to the regulars six months after your rejection? Thanks for any advice in advance! Jake P.S. I did post this in the specials forum but no-one seemed to know the answers!!

    • 5 replies
    • 544 views
  11. timbo1546620255
    Started by timbo1546620255,

    I've read things on this forum where people have said they got a certain grade for their application, or they were in the top X%. Is it only certain forces that grade the applications? I'm sure I was never given one for my application anyway...

    • 6 replies
    • 250 views
    timbo1546620255
  12. yoda0195
    Started by yoda0195,

    Hello, This has probably been asked a thousand times so sorry in advance. I applied for Merseyside Police a couple of weeks ago and was hoping someone could tell me how long it takes to hear back. Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 560 views
  13. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    All of which have just had a recruitment window. When is it realistic to expect them to re-open? Lancs said early spring, so around March maybe? Does anyone have any ideas? Would be very helpful. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 446 views
  14. andy1max
    Started by andy1max,

    Hey everyone, im currently waiting after taking the a/c with west mercia in march but getting 56% so i applied to BTP to transfer my application in august. Still waiting to hear back from them, last time i had an email to say they were waiting for my application to be sent from west mercia. Anyone know how long it should take?

  15. Lantern Rouge
    Started by Lantern Rouge,

    Hi, I fractured my Scaphoid Bone in June,(small bone in wrist) have been in plaster for 12 weeks and returned to hospital today and has still not healed.The Doctor told me this is quite common with this particular injury and may need more time or perhaps a small operation (bone graphed and screw). I have just passed AC for Cumbria and was told today the medical will be April at earliest. Given that worse case I have op does anyone know if this will cause ms to fail the medical even if fully healed ? The delight of passing my AC has now turned to worry. The timing is terrible,until this I have gone over 10 years without a day off work,anyone have any advic…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.