Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. D78
    Started by D78,

    Hi Everyone, Went for my colour vision test at Cali Uni today and it turns out I've got a moderate red-green colour defect. Is there anyone who has been given the same diagnosis as me and been accepted/rejected by Strathclyde or do you know anyone recently who has been accepted/rejected due to this. Pleas can you let me know?! Thanks, Dave

    • 2 replies
    • 178 views
  2. StrathclydeK
    Started by StrathclydeK,

    Hi can you change the name of the person you put down for your reference, why I ask, one of my referres has become very jealous of me that I got my application accepted and has given me no support through the test or fitness test. I did ask their permission if they would mind giving me a reference, now I find out that they hate the idea of women in the police force or should I say hate the idea of me getting on with my life developing a future for myself - I am shocked! My worry is that if they are asked for a reference that they will give me a bad reference - who needs enamies....

    • 3 replies
    • 427 views
  3. jonathan1985
    Started by jonathan1985,

    I got my results and overall i got 62% but i failed the written section got 33% instead of the pass mark of 44%. I have seen that people have been able to transfer these results toanother force and get into tht force on those marks could any one help with this coz i so wanna get in.

    • 3 replies
    • 392 views
  4. jacksta
    Started by jacksta,

    Hi, Just had my assessment results and go 59% but was unsuccessful as my application was for Leicester who require a pass mark of 60%. Does anybody know if you can transfer you application to another force such as Derbyshire?

    • 3 replies
    • 326 views
  5. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Hi, I went for my uniform fitting the other day and i have to say i am not looking forward to receiving it!! I am usually a size 12, they asked me to try a 14 to small, then a 16, it was a bit big round the waist and the rest just bagged everywhere especially around my stomach, they looked and felt horrendous and he just told me ive got to put something down so you will have to have them. My question is how on earth am i ment to do my day to day job with trousers that just dont fit! Can we buy our own trousers, or will i just have to put up with these? I am applying to hertfordshire, do all forces where the same trousers?

    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. slouise24
    Started by slouise24,

    I've passed! Got my results and I got 67% overall - I'm so thrilled. I can hardly believe it. I got 100% for oral communication and I thought I waffled and stuttered in my interview. Has anyone else got results from week commencing 22/09/08 at Ryton? So now I move on to the next set of hurdles, which for me is mainly fitness.

    • 4 replies
    • 250 views
  7. hassall2406
    Started by hassall2406,

    Hi all I have applied to the west midlands police, passed the paper sift and have an assessment date this week. the only problem is when i was 17 (im now 21) i received a reprimand for common assault. this was just over 4 years ago now and i have been in no trouble since. will i fail the vetting stage as this was when i was younger, has anyone else been in this situation. do the police do any checks before they invite you to an assessment day. many thanks hassall24062008-10-12 11:39:48

    • 1 reply
    • 486 views
    NeeNaw1545925537
  8. hassall2406
    Started by hassall2406,

    Hi there all Got my assessment centre date on the 15th of october, dead scared, anyone else got one this week. Any advice for the proposal document would be very welcome. Also does anyone know what the pass rate for the west mids is? Best of luck to anyone doing an assessment this week. Thanks, Al

  9. replicator00
    Started by replicator00,

    Hey everyone just a quick post for anyone who attended an A/C for Leicestershire from the at the end of September/begining of October. Results should be due anyday now. Thankfully its Sunday tommorow so maybe my subconcious mind wont wake up at 8:00am,( Which is the time the postman comes! )force me to run downstaires to find nothing, maybe i can have a day off and a lie in. Anyway i hope you all passed and if you didnt stay positive!Good luck everyone.

    • 1 reply
    • 84 views
  10. RobertP
    Started by RobertP,

    Okay its my first post and I have been curious about My ear expander preventing me join the force. Basically it is 10mm in diameter note picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1e/Stretched_Ear_Piercing_No_Jewelry.jpg/180px-Stretched_Ear_Piercing_No_Jewelry.jpg However if i was to remove my plug it would shrink down to about 5mm. Is this going to cause me problems? P.s. I dont wish to be subjected to comments about it. It was my choice and I would expect more from potential/Now serving/Ex Police Officers.RobertP2008-10-11 16:18:28

  11. uneaubaine
    Started by uneaubaine,

    Has anyone had their application terminated because they've been waiting for a placement but waited so long that their assessment centre results expired? I got told this morning that if you have been waiting some time they may do this but desperately try not too.

    • 4 replies
    • 288 views
  12. Fury
    Started by Fury,

    Hi Can anyone tell me when we finish training for pay purposes? eg on commencing training £21,534 on completion of training £24,039 completion of 2 years service £25,434 so does completion of training mean after training centre and uni or after probation period? Also what does access to the competence related threshold payment of £1,122 a year mean Thanks Rick

    • 1 reply
    • 745 views
  13. JohnDW
    Started by JohnDW,

    Got my job offer on wednesday! One of the best feelings ive ever had! its been a long 18 months but the wait is finally over! got a nice 6 weeks off now before i start. Just wondering is anyone else starting on this date? Thanks, John

    • 43 replies
    • 3.5k views
    Jimmy Trigger *
  14. Dorset_Boy
    Started by Dorset_Boy,

    Do you agree with Panorama that if you are a BMI you are more likely to be treated unfairly, I am shocked to hear and disgusted the recent conflict in the MET!!! I thought we have left behind the past behind and we are more tolerant and accepting others both in the society and particularly in the police service. Do you agree with the BBC findings?

  15. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    I'm not at that stage, but was curious if this will back fire on me? About a month back, my sister was caught shop lifting a small piece of clothing, thus she was cautioned (I think). How would I stand in the future stages? I'm praying it won't effect me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.