Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ryanmark24
    Started by ryanmark24,

    i cant believe it i actually passed got word on friday!!! ive been miserable for two weeks having been convinced i failed!!! i passed with 73% now its time to start jogging for the fitness

    • 4 replies
    • 224 views
  2. BeckyBee
    Started by BeckyBee,

    Could anyone please help me? I am wondering what the pass rate is for the A/C with North Wales Police. I have my A/C on 19th Oct and am really nervous thanks

  3. Jess123
    Started by Jess123,

    Hi , Just wondering how long people generally wait for thier results after day one assesment?? I had mine to join the MET on the 5th september at hendon, but have still not heard anything!! is this a bad sign?? Have mixed feelings on how I performed on the day, and really want to have passed, obviously! Practically stalking the mail man at the moment! Any advice would be appreciated! thanks!!

  4. Yol
    Started by Yol,

    I have my medical on the 19/09/08 for Northumbria. I saw that the Doctor circuled fit and I thought that i would have heard something by now but I haven't heard anything yet and I was wondering if there was an average amount of time people have waited. My boss has got a bit funny about time off since he found out that I have applied.

    • 13 replies
    • 234 views
    Times_champion
  5. nikthomas
    Started by nikthomas,

    Just got my fitness to get through, so thought I'd open a topic for anyone who is due to start Bedford in December or February's intakes? It would be good to hear from people. Nik

  6. Fairfax

    Dont know if this is too sensitive to chat about directly, but could do with some advice as its simply not true. Obviously everything in the competency section was from my own personal experience and I did use other examples when answering 5-10 for help and research purposes only. Im pretty angry.

  7. TheBrig
    Started by TheBrig,

    I have my Day1 on the 16th of October and haven't received anything about a support session, yet some people with Day1 assessments dates after me have received letters asking if they wish to attend, some people heard 2 weeks after their conformation letters. I was just wondering if there is anyone else who has a Day1 upcoming that hasn't been offered a support session? Just thinking they may have forgotten me!

    • 7 replies
    • 2k views
  8. judge-dredd
    Started by judge-dredd,

    any good answer for any difficult question eg.what skills can u bring to the force.why do youwant to join the police. what kind of things do they mark u down for.

    • 3 replies
    • 190 views
  9. The Backwards Man
    Started by The Backwards Man,

    Hello all, I have completed a few IAP's in which I have had the criteria awarded. I am filling in my NOS matrix and could do with some help re how to fill it in. For example, I am claiming 2C1.1 (1-6) Range (1; C, D 2; A, B, C, D) What I am confused about is, on the NOS matrix, how many boxes do i cross off? And how many ranges do I cross off? I'm off sick and unable to get in to the nick to ask. I could really do with being shown, thanks for reading.

    • 0 replies
    • 851 views
    The Backwards Man
  10. shell42
    Started by shell42 * ,

    After failing my A/C test for Northumbria I am racking my brains to think how I failed on RFRAD. The only issue I can think of is that I used the term 'of Asian origin'in my interview, is this the wrong terminology? I'd appreciate any views. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 330 views
  11. messi
    Started by messi,

    According to my confirmation letter, I've to take my p45 with me to HQ on my first day. As I just finished work with my previous employer last week, it may take up to 4 weeks before I receive my p45. I presume this is the case with most new starts? Should I inform the recruitment department before my start date? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 805 views
  12. foxy2008
    Started by foxy2008,

    Hi All, Had my Assessment Day on Friday for the MET. I thought it went OK. Dont think i ve done enough though. I thought my role play and interview went well but you never know, maybe i didnt say things they wanted to hear. Didnt do to well in the Maths test though. I just couldnt believe how quick the time went and left out about 6 questions. Written report test i feel was OK but maybe could of done better in. Suppose its just a waiting game now.

    • 8 replies
    • 276 views
    jamesw1546620257
  13. dforbsey
    Started by dforbsey * ,

    Hi everyone, I am currently waiting to hear the date of my home interview for Lothian and Borders and looking for any extra advice or information anyone can offer who may have been through the same process. Information on what sort of format the interview takes on the day, what sort of questions may be asked and how best to approach it would be really helpful. I've been studying all the topics were were told to look at (Force Goals, MacPherson report, Bichard enquiry etc) and others linked to these and visited a few stations where the officers were extremely helpful. Is there anything that I am missing out? Also, from passing the SET's and medical how long does it usua…

    • 5 replies
    • 607 views
  14. pongosdad
    Started by pongosdad * ,

    Hello All I am attending my Initial Interview for Grampian police within the next week. Can anyone give me any ideas of the questions/any hints or tips to help me? Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 593 views
  15. lola
    Started by lola,

    Hey, Did anyone pass the June 08 A/C? If so how you getting on in the application process? It is such a waiting game!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.