Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. judge-dredd
    Started by judge-dredd,

    wil you need to know the mission and vision statement word for word off by heart for your first interview

    • 6 replies
    • 175 views
  2. Dawniemanc
    Started by Dawniemanc,

    I have just passed final interview with GMP , I wondered how long the wait is until you get a date for your fitness test? Do they write to you or confirm by phone?

    • 3 replies
    • 457 views
  3. mattboniface
    Started by mattboniface,

    I have recently applied to the MET for a position as a Police Constable. I submitted my application on 13th August and have had a phone call this week regarding the Employment History section. Is this any indication whether they have looked at the Competency at all, or is that still to come? I know it's probably normal but I'm getting slightly restless at the lack of information. I'm trying to prepare as much as possible for day 1 and training hard for the fitness aspect. Does anyone have any ideas at all?

  4. AJay1545925587
    Started by AJay1545925587,

    Hi.....I am coming down to London for the Assessment Centre tests on 15th October. Coming down from the north of Scotland and been revising hard so I am really hoping I will successfully pass this stage Just on here to say Hi and good luck to anyone else who is in the same boat!

  5. SHARK1546620300
    Started by SHARK1546620300,

    Hi all, New to this. So vetting, Just how stringent is the vetting process?

    • 8 replies
    • 779 views
    jonathan123456789
  6. kpeter201546620256
    Started by kpeter201546620256,

    Can I ask when everyone filled in their medical forms and had their doctor check them over and sign them? I filled mine in several months ago and even though I aint paid the doctor a visit since I just get the feeling that they might want a more updated view on things.

    • 20 replies
    • 371 views
  7. k1ngy1546620134
    Started by k1ngy1546620134,

    So the big day has finally been confirmed, I start as above on the 13th Oct and have been told to be at Aylesbury College for 0900, is there anyone else here starting the same day? So has anyone else been there and what is to be expected? Do i have to wear a suit or is trousers shirt and tie ok? (i dont actually own a suit) What am i expected to take with me, small notepad, large notepad pen etc.? What actually happens on the first day is it a meet and greet and this is what is going to happen for the rest of your training and here is your uniform. Will we be expected to turn up the next day in full uniform as it is at a public college i had heard we may not have t…

    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
    k1ngy1546620134
  8. Hull ANDY
    Started by Hull ANDY,

    hiya everyone has anyone applied to TVP in the last 2 months

    k1ngy1546620134
  9. BlueTulip
    Started by BlueTulip,

    Hiya, does anyone possibly know when I will get my first pay from TVP? I started on Sept 15th so will I get paid the end of this month for this first 2weeks or will I have to wait until the end of October which will mean I'll get 6weeks of pay?? I am seriously running low and would be really grateful of an answer! Thank you

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
    k1ngy1546620134
  10. statty
    Started by statty,

    Have just got home having passed the Leics FIB. Just a couple of points to be checked with GP by Occupational Health and if all ok with that and vetting looking like Jan start. Just a waiting game now.

    • 1 reply
    • 119 views
  11. andyvk
    Started by andyvk,

    i got my letter back today stating i passed the assessment at cheshire police!!! am absolutely made up, thought i was gonna ahve to reapply for sure. got 52% overall grade close to the bone but i could not care less.. I PASSED!! happy times

    • 8 replies
    • 458 views
  12. ukbass
    Started by ukbass,

    after much waiting, I finally have my start date @ bishopsgate station on 6th October! Just wondered if anyone else here has the same or similar? Also wanted some gen. advice re: what boots to get etc?

    • 1 reply
    • 512 views
  13. karl1981
    Started by karl1981,

    Just had an email this morning from recruitment saying my application wont be considered as they had received all completed apps before mine. They recruited at midday on the 8th my application was sent at 6pm so 6 hours after it opened and basically I wasnt quick enough what a kick in the balls. The thing that gets me is it doesnt say on recruitment that you should move your ass with it and get it in pronto or basically you wont be considered. So all that hard work and now I have to wait another 6 months to get probably 2 hours tops to fill in the application form.

    • 8 replies
    • 746 views
  14. Jake 21
    Started by Jake 21,

    Before I start I know that these issues are covered on an almost daily basis, and I have done extensive back reading on these forums to try and find answers but nothing I have found so far relates directly to my circumstances, so here goes…… Does anyone know or even have any idea whether or not these issues will be problematic at any stage of the recruitment process? 1) I was arrested in February 2007 on suspicion of assault. It was after a bust up in a nightclub, I was hit a few times, got wrestled to the ground by the guy that was hitting me. I got taken into the medics room to get cleaned up, the bouncer asked me if I wanted to press charges, I said yes. I get out…

    • 4 replies
    • 396 views
  15. low0003
    Started by low0003,

    Starting with West Mids next Monday....as other similar posts have said...I am now cacking it. Seemed like so far away in March when I passed my fitness but now it is here. My uniform is ironed, my boots polished, my bag ready and stocked with pens and paper and my pre-enrollment workbook completed (although I've got to have another read through)... Cant wait to start but I think I have the usual dose of terror and anxiety which comes with starting this job. Thinking about it again, I feel.... :smiley_vomit: Anyone else starting Monday?..See you there!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.