Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. newbie1
    Started by newbie1,

    Hi. Just had my medical and passed. Does anyone know how long it takes before your invited for the fitness test? I was told straight away that I passed, thought i would have to wait, so a welcome suprise.

    • 2 replies
    • 539 views
  2. Mrs Chalky
    Started by Mrs Chalky,

    Help, please! I have passed the entire application process with Hants am just waiting on a start date. Ahem. It currently looks as though a potential start date with Hants is going to be in approximately May 2100 (!!!) I am seriously contemplating transferring my application. This is something I never thought I would do as my heart is set on Hampshire, but at the moment I feel the wait is completely unreasonable. I've been pushed through the process (applied in Dec '07, had A/C is Feb '08, final interview and fitness in Mar '08) only to hit a brick wall. What I want to know is can I only transfer to a force that is currently recruiting? Or would most forces consider the…

    • 4 replies
    • 445 views
  3. Chamone
    Started by Chamone,

    Silly question, just started filling out transfer Application form for the Met and I have stumbled over who: the Countersigning Officer’s Details is refering to! First Line Manager's details I have put down as my Sgt. Thank you for your help!

    • 4 replies
    • 711 views
  4. tanneg
    Started by tanneg,

    I've been trying to get an application form from Herts for ages now. I'm really eager to start the process but I'm stumbling at the first hurdle. Even if they aren't recruiting yet, I'd like to get my form on file. I've been through every Police source I can find with no luck. Is it me or have most forces stopped advertising vacancies on their web sites, cos they cant surely have gone this long without recruiting?

    • 3 replies
    • 511 views
  5. wannabecop1546620180
    Started by wannabecop1546620180,

    Hi everyone, Just want to find out if anyone else is starting on the 15th sept? Have you completed your workbook and how are you finding it? JASE*******

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. richy1985
    Started by richy1985,

    Has anyone applying to Durham/ Northumbria got a start date of 27/10 at Durham HQ?

    • 8 replies
    • 740 views
  7. K2rsty
    Started by K2rsty,

    Hi All, I applied for Essex Police on 5th Sept I was wondering if anyone else has applied. I was also wondering how long Essex took to informing you whether or not you were successful at this stage. K

    • 4 replies
    • 553 views
  8. Matthew Burns
    Started by Matthew Burns * ,

    Hi all, If any body is looking for a Temporary Contract in the UK please post and I will reply.

  9. Dawniemanc
    Started by Dawniemanc,

    I have my final interview on 30th Sept with GMP. I believe the fitnes test follows this. I have been down the gym every night for the past 3 months, working on my running but I am just worried about my strength, I can do 1o reps on the seated bench press at 35kg and the seated back pull (I think the machine is called the "horse"!)at 30kg at 10 reps. I'm quite petite so I've had to bulk up to get some strength behind me! Does anyone else recommend any training tips? I'm nervous about this!

    • 8 replies
    • 872 views
    boxman801546620126
  10. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Just completed the in2police 1-day course in Birmingham. Fantastic and intense day; I dont think I would stand a chance of passing without their help. It seems to me the whole asessment day is a "trick" and unless you know how that trick works, you cannot pass. I have no idea how people pass without doing any prior research into how the day works. They must be geniuses. :-) On another plus, I just did a timed maths test and got 100% AND finished all 25 questions in 12 minutes. Feeling a bit better now :)

    • 3 replies
    • 161 views
  11. Monkey8765
    Started by Monkey8765,

    Hi, I am awaiting my results for an assessment earlier this month. I have been told i will hear by friday, but im not excpecting to pass! I have applied to my local force 3 times now and next time I want to apply to the Met. I dont live anywhere near London so would have to move to the area, having spoken to people that have worked in the Met before, does anyone know if they still have accomodation, even if its just to stay in for a couple of weeks, as i would obviously have to move to the area and any idea as to if there is any help available would be useful. It s a big step but ive thought about this a lot. Any info would be appreciated as the website doesnt say that…

    • 6 replies
    • 187 views
  12. boxman801546620126
    Started by boxman801546620126,

    I'm still a little confused as how these push/pull tests are carried out, and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me please. Are they purely measuring the strength of your arms, i.e. putting u on a machine where you sit and do push/pullups, or does the machine require you to use your body as well to push/pull? Just not sure if I can ease off on the weight training a little and focus more on the running. I currently do mostly dumb-bell and barbell weight training upright (rather than bench pressing) and a few push ups but thats about it (my pushups aren't exactly the best either lol). What type of weight should I be aiming to lift barbell to…

    • 4 replies
    • 168 views
    boxman801546620126
  13. boxman801546620126
    Started by boxman801546620126,

    Hi all, quick question for you,... After doing my assessment centre tests(Cleveland) I was given a brown envelope with a form a letter to give me teh web address for teh feedback regarding the assessment. Anyway, also in my pack was the forms for the back ground check, but no information where to send them once completed. Do I hold onto these forms for my mdeical/fitness test? Or do I send them off to Cleveland HQ now? Just I know the background check takes a while. Anyone else in the same boat?

    • 4 replies
    • 592 views
    boxman801546620126
  14. pyretta13
    Started by pyretta13,

    Hi all - I was just wondering if anyone else would be going to the assessment centre in September who has applied to Hertfordshire Constabulary?

  15. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    Do they visit you at home during vetting? I heard they did but this may be a total lie! I also read that they speak to your friends but at no point have I had to hand over any details of my friends so i'm confused!

    • 6 replies
    • 786 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.