Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jimmy_d_gmp
    Started by jimmy_d_gmp,

    Hi everyone, longtime reader, firstime poster! I've just passed my interview for GMP and jus this second got my date for Physical - 3 weeks from now. I'm not concerned as I'm very physically fit, but they've said my medical will be in May sometime... I'm jus wondering what sort of timeline I'm looking at in terms of a startdate and which/when the intakes are? I've been told there's an intake in June, but with my medical in May would I miss that one? Any help would be much appreciated Cheers

  2. claireybear
    Started by claireybear,

    Hi Just received a call to go for my Final interview this Thursday for Strathclyde. Any hints and last minute help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Claire

    • 3 replies
    • 219 views
  3. Vic Taylor
    Started by Vic Taylor,

    One quick question: I'm planning to apply to the police force (as a cadet and then as a regular) as soon as I'm old enough and I was just wondering whether they accept IGCSEs as a form of qualification. IGCSEs are basically the same as GCSEs but they are done by people who are home schooled (me) and therefore have no coursework. Any info on this would be great. Thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 310 views
  4. pcwannabe1545925585
    Started by pcwannabe1545925585,

    hi everyone Does anyone know how long it takes in getting the feedback from the assessment day? I have been told 14 days. However, I was talking to someone at the weekend who's husband attended the same day as me, he has already got his letter last week. She also went on to say she knew that the ones that were unsuccesful got there's 1st then the successfull ones after that. Does anyone know if this is true? I hope this is the case I am sooooooooooooooo impateient when it comes to things like this. It would be gr8 if this was the case. if anyone knows let me know I am tearing my hair out Thanks all pcwannabe

    • 5 replies
    • 564 views
  5. hot fuzz1545925567
    Started by hot fuzz1545925567,

    Just wondered if anyone else has heard back from the assessment centre in November?

  6. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    Just curious as to how many have moved to other counties in order to become a police officer? Me personally , well I could not get into my local force so I went to another force area. Is it worth all the hassle in the end?

  7. Mikeh2000
    Started by Mikeh2000 +,

    For those that want to know what's looked for in the way of competencies, click below.

  8. Bud86
    Started by Bud86,

    Hey guys and girls Got my date for my initial and its not too far away now. I went to my local probationer who told me to go on the strathclyde website and read up. I also read the helpful interview tips at the top of the main page. Anyway, Im just trying to cover all bases and wonder if anyone else has any other tips for the initial interview? Thanks once again Bud

  9. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I have my final interview with GMP on the 30th Sep - so far I have researched (to the level that I can remember the majority of the info) Force area and size, divisions, force vision, the CC and DCC's, speciailst units, nature of the training and current operations. Is there anything else I have missed out or will this be enought to show I have researched GMP?

    • 22 replies
    • 653 views
  10. Adougl999
    Started by Adougl999,

    Looking for a good way to answer questions like "What makes you angry" but without looking as if I can't control anger. Any other general tips on the strathclyde initial int. would be good too! Thanx.

    • 10 replies
    • 364 views
  11. CyborgXXX
    Started by CyborgXXX,

    Hi There I'm currently filling in the application form and am onto the long questions. Now do I need to completely fill the boxes with my answer or can it be a few lines short of the bottom of the box as long as I feel that I have covered all of the points I need to? Chris

    sparkstertom1546081064
  12. sortedinnit
    Started by sortedinnit,

    Hi. I've had a look around, and can't see this topic elsewhere - apologies though if it has already been posted. I'm due to start my training with the Met later this year. I have a very small flat, and I currently have a lodger, which works ok because we have very similar working hours. But when I start my shift work, sharing the flat is going to be a problem if I'm to get all the sleep I'll need. So I need to give her notice to move out, but I wan't her to stay as long as possible because the rent money is helpful. So, does anyone know at what point in our training we will start working shifts? Is it after the initial 5/6 weeks? Or later than that? Many thanks…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    I just got a call from a CID officer asking me to come in about a payment made into my account for 294 pounds from someone who claims that he bought something off me on ebay but never recieved the item. I called my bank and they said money was trasnferred, but i was never aware of this. Anyway, i have checked on ebay, and someone did buy a similar item off me but it was dealt with through paypal and not bank transfer. My concern is, how is this going to effect me, i suddenly feel sick inside as my brother is telling me the recruiters might frown upon it. Just spoke to the officer after calling him back. He said i shouldnt let it worry me, but i think it could majorly…

    sparkstertom1546081064
  14. sharpey09
    Started by sharpey09 * ,

    Hello All I recently submitted an application for Mersyside Police but was in such a rush i left the hobbies and interests field blank. I do alot of things that the police may value (e.g. martial arts, performing arts, volunteering). Are my chances made less by not putting these in? and if yes is it possibly fatsl to my application? I would hate to have to wait another 6 months for a silly error like this. Thanks Peter

    • 2 replies
    • 819 views
    sparkstertom1546081064
  15. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    I have a student overdraft which currently stands at -1100. I am continously paying it off though, and have never had a letter from the bank demanding a payment etc etc. I pay it weekly and will have it cleared within the next few months. My CC stood at 500 last month, but paid it off in one a few months later. My Credit card is now at 700, but i make payments each month, and its more than the minimum amount. does any one think this could affect me? I have never had any letters of late payments, bar the odd one here and there.

    • 7 replies
    • 644 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.