Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. beaker1546620213
    Started by beaker1546620213,

    Is anyone else waiting for their vetting to go through for an application to the Met. I have gone through everything for a specialist post, been offered the job but am still waiting for vetting clearance 6 weeks after the offer?

    • 1 reply
    • 628 views
  2. becky1989
    Started by becky1989,

    how long on average? had my kent assessment on the 10th,do they get posted? thanks

  3. jonathan123456789
    Started by jonathan123456789,

    my recent company found out i was joining the police and were annoyed and basically fired me i apparently have no legal stance as i've been at the company less than a year. Will this impact my application to the police? i have told recruitment they didn;t seem to think it was a problem and happened reasonably frequently? Just going to look for temp jobs in the mean time as i've only got fitness/medical/vetting left?

    • 8 replies
    • 516 views
    jonathan123456789
  4. becky1989
    Started by becky1989,

    have waited 9 days so far and really want to know if ive got through or not !! the wait is a killer lol x

    • 1 reply
    • 109 views
  5. RHare
    Started by RHare,

    Hi to anyone who has applied to Derbyshire. Got my letter accepting my application today! Informed that I will not be hearing anything now until 6 weeks before my Assessment Centre date, probably in January 08. More waiting!! Has anyone else heard anything. I believe that more higher scoring applicants (for the competency questions) will be attending Assessment Centres in November, anyone know if this is true? If anyone has any useful advice for me regarding what I need/should be brushing up on in between now and attending the Assessment Centre I would be very grateful. thanks in advance

  6. Quirky
    Started by Quirky,

    Hi, I've applied to Northumbria Police Force in the recent recruitment campaign. I was told by the recruitment office that there has been over 2500 applicants. The closing date for applications was 8th July, I was just wondering if anybody could give me an idea as to how long it will be before I might hear something?? Thanks in advance Craig

  7. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello all, I have passed the papersift and assessment centre with a score of 60%. I have also completed a fitness test for Norfolk. I was thinking about transfuring my application to Essex. Does anybody know if Essex require a final interview? Cheers, Stefa

    • 2 replies
    • 82 views
  8. caz2495
    Started by caz2495,

    Just found out that i've got a final interview on 14th July. Has any one got any advise for the interview? Anyone else in the same boat as me

    • 11 replies
    • 465 views
  9. drewfrew
    Started by drewfrew,

    Let me know how your gettin on with the prep Is it wise to run right up to the day before the TEST? 3 and 1/2 time round the building is that right? Markf

    • 4 replies
    • 308 views
  10. APB08
    Started by APB08,

    Hiya All, I know it's a long way away still but I was just wondering whether there was anyone else out there having their assessment (for the Met) on Tuesday 21th October at 8am??? The lettre came this morning..... the nerves are hitting home now that I have an actual date AHHHHHHGGGG! Good luck to all that have theirs soon and congrates to those who have passed. APB

    Sonicgod1546620245
  11. Liam_E1546619998
    Started by Liam_E1546619998,

    Just wondering if anyone recently put in a application to Strathclyde. If so, how long between sending the application off till you got your SET date? Just wondering how much time i have to prepare. Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 224 views
    Liam_E1546619998
  12. christeamhound
    Started by christeamhound,

    hey guys i was wondering, i have passed the paper sift and have got my date for the assessment center, banking on things going well what is the sort of range of body shapes you see in training. I am 16 st it's a mix of muscle and relaxed muscle , i know i am gojng to pass the fitnes test becasue i am a keen runner and have reconstructed the beep test several times at the gym with the downloadable MP3 but i just don't want to think anyone is going to give me a hard time about the fact i am a little bigger than most...will this be the case or are there others of slightly larger stature??

    • 11 replies
    • 1.7k views
  13. gnoweeg
    Started by gnoweeg * ,

    hello everyone I am sad to say that my post is not a happy one. I was awaiting my day 1 assessment on 1st Oct to become a MET police officer. It is in fact my 3rd attempt in total. I failed previously as i am in debt and am in the 2nd year of my IVA. Before I agreed to enter into an IVA I asked the recruitment department whether it would have any adverse affects on my application. I was told that as long as it's not bankruptcy or CCJ then I will be considered. It didn't mean an instant rejection or the fact would be ignored, but my case would be viewed individually. I also asked my IVA advisor who also said that it wouldn't be an issue. Therefore I began my IVA payments.…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. makkatron1546620281
    Started by makkatron1546620281,

    This time next week I will have been to the AC and hopefully conquered it!! Any hints of the competancy q's? Are they going to ask me for any force specfic ideas? Or are they only used in panel interviews? Also what preparation can I do for the report writing? As for role plays.... well....

    • 14 replies
    • 278 views
    makkatron1546620281
  15. pcwannabe1545925585
    Started by pcwannabe1545925585,

    hi there, Just to let you know I completed my assessment yesterday at Ryton. What can I say? Alot of sitting waiting. I arrived at 12:30 and we didn't start anything until 2:00pm I left the centre at 6:15pm. I don't know how I did to be honest. My answers didn't flow how I wanted them too. I put that down to nerves though. It's a tough day. Be prepared to have a banging headache like I did. Obviously depends on the type of person you are but I found the whole day very stressfull and nerve racking. I cannot divuldge the nitty gritty but what I can say is really prepare, try to stay calm and don't waffle if you can help it. I need …

    pcwannabe1545925585

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.