Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. victorcj
    Started by victorcj * ,

    Hi guys,am still waiting 4 my A/C date, but never written nor seen a written report. pls can someone help me to draft a report with these examples!!! Thanks, i so much appreciate it! :) Example 1: Memorandum From: Opertaion Manager To: Customer Service Officer Date: 14/06/06 Fire Drill As a matter of urgency please write me a report on the reasons why yesterday's fire drill failed to meet the standards required by the Fire Regulations. In your report please indicate what steps need to be taken in order to prevent a recurrence of this situation. Example 2: Memorandum From: Operation Manager To…

  2. laura_hughes_87
    Started by laura_hughes_87,

    Hello! I applied for the met force (deadline 13th august) I am just getting a bit concerned as i havent heard anything back- am I at least meant to get a reciept from them saying they recieved my application? I know they told me to wait 6-7 weeks to hear back just want to know 100% they actually recieved my app in the post! Also, if i get my application accepted (fingers crossed), how much notice do you usually get before they give you the date for the 1st interview? Cheers!

  3. phil381546620193
    Started by phil381546620193,

    Sadly I failed at A/C. I have a rough idea to where I failed. It is hard to take it as I put alot of effort into it but I will have another go. I have been through it and it should in my mind paid off for the next time. As well I will have a feedback to correct my mistakes.The force I applied was Central Scotland. Phil

  4. GarethJ
    Started by GarethJ,

    Not a new one as such. I was attested a few days ago and we don't get a warrant card holder, we get a lanyard and a plastic holder thing. So I bought one off the patrol store. So where can I get a badge to go in it? I realise stores would be the ideal idea. But what are the chances of getting one? As obviously I'm not entitled to be issued a second. So can I buy things from stores? Or is there somewhere else I can look? Gareth

  5. christeamhound
    Started by christeamhound,

    Hi, i am about to apply to Northumbria Police. I have admired Northumbria from afar and have finaly made the decision to try my hardest to get in! i was wondering how many times you guys had to apply before you got to the assement center? and if anyone would be interested in giving me advice on what i have already written for my application? 'if it don't fit...force it!....it it then breakes....then it obviously needed to be replaced anyway!

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. mark p
    Started by mark p,

    Does anyone know whether my dad being caught drink driving in 1985 could stand against me.It was a random breath test with no other parties involved, and he received a one year ban.He is also a main reference of mine due to working for him for 10 years.

    • 8 replies
    • 839 views
  7. Bazza82
    Started by Bazza82 * ,

    Hello all, Well, I have got my start date of 13th of October at Hendon and I have handed in my notice at work (relief mixed with terror)! I would just like to know if anyone can give me tips on what to expect at Hendon? What is the training like and is there any "hazing" to toughen you up for life on London streets? Also, last year while waiting to be called for Interviews with the Police I went and had a Pyschometric done. I told the lady who was doing the testing what I had hoped to do i.e. become a Police Officer. At the end of the testing she said that she did not think that Policing would be best for me because supposedly "I am too nice, and I don't like co…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. christeamhound
    Started by christeamhound,

    hey guys, does any one know what kind of training to get to use your PPE. and what does the training involve?...how far into employment do you get it? is it...'you've seen me do it so i assume you can do it' or is it a pass and fail???

    • 3 replies
    • 715 views
  9. CyborgXXX
    Started by CyborgXXX,

    Have just sent my application off to Lancs, anyone else on here applying? Chris

    • 4 replies
    • 424 views
  10. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    I am attending the London Met recruitment day on sunday however i have also applied for a application for my local county police. I am fully aware i can't apply for both forces at the same time so i am having a tough time deciding which one to go for. I think the met would have the better opportunities however it wouldnt be as easy to get to travel wise compared to county, plus the benefits of london weighting etc Although i am worried that if i apply for the Met i may struggle due to the fact i am only 22 and there is going to be a lot more competition, would it be better for me to apply for county get my foot in the door and then if i still wish to do so apply for…

    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. jacostears
    Started by jacostears * ,

    1 I am currently a detective sergeant in the south african police service, have got altogether +- 15 years policing experience in crime invested south africa, done lots of police courses. I however would like to make a move, emigrate to the uk, i really am interested in becoming an police official in the uk, how do i go about it? 2 Hey guys, thanx for responding, helps a bit, I however would also like to know now what is the age limit to become a police official in the uk as I'm already 34 years of age, is that too old? Should I decide to do this, how do I go about getting a job in the meantime? I'm really interested, just need some guidance, please!! Any sites where …

    phil381546620193
  12. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Got my pst scenario tomorrow, crapping myself along with everyone else and then PDU next week, got a night shift in Winson Green, Birmingham on the friday! aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh, nice knowing ya! :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye:

    • 3 replies
    • 755 views
  13. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    Does anyone know what information the Medical teams seek. Obviously they must attempt to verify what you're telling the truth about the last 3 years but do they check further than that or do anything else?

    • 5 replies
    • 133 views
  14. Mongoose1546620082
    Started by Mongoose1546620082,

    A bit of a moan here...... I have recently sent in an application to a particular force only to be rejected at the application stage,this is my first attempt at this particular force and in total my fifth attempt in trying to get into a force. What i cannot understand is the following....I have been working with troublesome young people and their parents for over 5 years now which you might think will be of benefit to me when i send in the application..well so did i, on top of this i reguarly give up a Friday night to spend with my local neighbourhood policing team out and about on the streets. I have also asked numerous officers one of which spent years on a police rec…

    • 8 replies
    • 781 views
  15. Danny 30
    Started by Danny 30,

    Hi all. I know you cant give exact answers to exact questions. Been looking through possible questions for interview found in this forum some where. If a police officer shows some unnecesary behaviour/comments (making sexual advances to an other officer for example) witnessed by another officer what would be the protocol? I would of thought to challenge the behaviour and insist that it is inappropriate and reporting it to senior office would be about right. but im not sure. could anyone help. thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 554 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.