Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jedda
    Started by Jedda * ,

    Hello my name's Jedda Smith, I’m 18, I live in a town called Lowestoft in Suffolk. I am applying to become a special constable "currently", but I would like to progress in a few years to become a police officer. I have a chronic eye problem, my eye sight is near perfect without glasses and I also have mild asthma. I had a really bad childhood and didn't get any real qualifications after transfer issues and the high school losing my coursework, recently luck was on my side and I got onto a BFD Public services course and hopefully I will do a Foundation degree afterwards in the same subject, I realise my situation is rather bad for lack of a better word at the moment, …

    • 2 replies
    • 574 views
  2. canibacopperpls
    Started by canibacopperpls,

    I have passed my initial application and AC, my medical and fitness test whoooop but i havent heard anything for months now , just a letter to say thank you for my patience and I am currently being held in the vetting stages because of the amount of applicants they are processing. Is anyone else in the same position? Has anyone heard anything more ..is there hope lol?

  3. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Just posted off my application for Lancs and Im really paranoid now. Ive spend forever on this form, and I feel I have some good competency answers etc. I thought I had checked everything through but after reading a photocopy of my finished and sent application, my Girlfriend noticed one mistake. In one passage I have spoke about the living room, then later I forget to put in the word "room" once, ie "upon entering the living I sat down and asked the others to do so...." This is the only mistake Ive noticed, and must have been interupted whilst finishing my form. Is it such a big deal? Or am I just worried other nothing?

  4. ady1966
    Started by ady1966,

    Hi all, Does anyone have any great tips for setting up the utility belt. I have a PR24 Sidehandle Baton and holder (pivots), CS holder (pivots), ridged handcuff holder/pouch (pivots) and a pouch for my G2 Torch. Also, what else is actually needed ? You see officers out there with hundreds of pouches, gadgets and all sorts. Any tips would be useful on this subject. Cheers Ady

  5. tls
    Started by tls,

    Getting quite paranoid now as my Mum has reminded me I have two full cousins (who are brothers) who have been in jail and/or currently in the jail. Will this affect my application to the police when the background checks are done?

    • 4 replies
    • 590 views
  6. conmccarts
    Started by conmccarts,

    Got the bad news on saturday, failed the Met A/C. Very disappointed with myself. Feel a bit hard done by, got 59% overall, 57% for race and diversity (which I'm a bit dubious about). The real kicker is I got 87% for written communication and 89% for oral communication. Got wondering if anyone knows what options are available to me. Dont want to throw in the towel just yet so I'm thinking about making an appeal, has anyone done this? Would it be worthwhile?

    • 17 replies
    • 501 views
  7. becky1989
    Started by becky1989,

    in my assessment on wednesday I totally mucked my interview up !!! i fought i was prepared but the whole thing made me so nervous and for most of the questions i chatted about a load of rubbish and finished all the questions early.on the role plays i felt i did quite well despite a shaky start and im pretty confident in the written tests and ok on the maths. Does anyone here felt they failed but actually passed? and if i done well in the rest would this bring my marks up? or have i got to do well in each section.please help me x

    • 4 replies
    • 251 views
  8. christeamhound
    Started by christeamhound,

    hey guys i am just wondering what the shifts are like? do you do 4 x 9 hours, 3 x 12, 4 x 12?

    • 3 replies
    • 728 views
  9. skipper1
    Started by skipper1,

    hi people. i posted couple of days ago in another thread . basically im through to my a/c in november with g.m.p. after reading on this site ive been told that my wrongful arrest about 6 years ago should have been declared. it was mistaken identity and was not charged or bailed in any way . so definetly no criminal record. anyway after being informed by a couple of members on this site that i should have disclosed it on my application and did not i should now proceed and inform g.m.p. im not sure who or when . shall i ring recruitment and tell them immediatly or inform them at my a/c in november . any repiles would be much appreciated. im also hoping the info ive been gi…

  10. m3uk
    Started by m3uk,

    ok so im aspiring to join the police force and am wondering if going to university will aid me progressing through the ranks faster? also after the 2yr probation period i intend to apply to CO19 (formally SO19) any idea how tough selection is? and the chances of being accepted straight off probation? on another note do MOD Police get paid more than Met?

    • 13 replies
    • 2k views
  11. christeamhound
    Started by christeamhound,

    hey guys what is the ratio of actualy policing on the streets to classroom work when your a probationer

    • 6 replies
    • 951 views
  12. mjwjones
    Started by mjwjones,

    Has anyone applied to the Royal Gibraltar Police Force? I've just looked on-line and can't really find any information on joining. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place! Any info. anyone could give me would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt

    • 1 reply
    • 2.5k views
    The Greater Good +
  13. Monkey8765
    Started by Monkey8765,

    Im pretty new to this and need some advice after my friends and family have been split on this one... I did my assessment centre earlier this week and it got to the role plays. Obviously you have to try and talk for the whole 5 minutes. I was talking away and all was going well, then to reiterate my points (and fill in some time) I said i will be recontacting the customer, mr smith of the action i have taken by means of a letter. Since I named the customer who made the complaint, am i right in thinking thats it for me? I would never do that in real life and im totally kicking myself for it. I realise this is a data protection issue, but would it fall under race and di…

    • 10 replies
    • 431 views
  14. monks85
    Started by monks85,

    I've got my officer safety training this week and have just drawn my monadnock to check it works and found that when I draw it the base and 2nd part are not locking together, the 2nd and top lock fine. Tried it a few times and it keeps doing it, having to pull it to lock. Should I go to stores and ask for a replacement? I'm concerned that if I need it, it'll go limp as it were! lol Thanks...Leigh

  15. mikes1546620199
    Started by mikes1546620199,

    Was wondering what sort of take home pay i can expect on the starting salary of a PC including pension deductions? Any figures would be very helpful. Cheers.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.