Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. BlueTulip
    Started by BlueTulip,

    Hello fellow students, I'm starting at Abingdon College this coming monday, is anyone else? I'm told there's only 14 of us... 10 females & 4 males! Can't believe I've finally got this far and have my formal offer, I look forward to meeting my colleagues!

    • 4 replies
    • 627 views
  2. remster78
    Started by remster78,

    Well, I got a phone call from BTP on Friday and I'm in! WAHEY!! The only snag is that I probably won't get a start date for another 6 months, so my main question is do separate forces have a general policy of re-vetting candidates after a certain amount of time? I'm also likely to be changing address in October so would that require further checks? I know I could call recruitment but I just wanted to see if anybody could answer these questions here before I pestered them. Cheers. By the way, just wanted to say this is a top forum!

    • 3 replies
    • 638 views
  3. Silverwillow1546620257
    Started by Silverwillow1546620257,

    Hello, I've been given my topic - Great Fire of London. Does anyone have any tips or advice? They would be greatly appreciated. Thanks CO x

    • 4 replies
    • 263 views
  4. *KAT*
    Started by *KAT*,

    hi, just wondering whether or not you are given any paper to do rough working out for the questions? thanks for any answers!! kat.

    • 3 replies
    • 134 views
  5. JEFF27
    Started by JEFF27,

    HI GUYS DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE WEST MERCIA STANDS ON IVA'S I GOT ONE WHICH AS BEEN RUNNING NOW FOR TWO YEARS WITH NO MISSED PAYMENTS.

  6. ediblepolecat212
    Started by ediblepolecat212,

    for the Met? Just wondering as I might need them to hold my hand......

    • 9 replies
    • 265 views
    ediblepolecat212
  7. chris H1546620274
    Started by chris H1546620274 * ,

    Hi, Just forwarded application for Northumbria so fingers crossed. On the issues of report writing, I am aware that your report needs to be straight to the point whilst highlighting key areas, however, during AC would your report be in the format of a memo or a letter ? can anyone help!

    • 2 replies
    • 424 views
  8. Dawniemanc
    Started by Dawniemanc,

    Hi I have my final interview on 30th September at GMP. I have done lots of research for which I have been revising day and night! How soon do you get to find out if you have passed or not? and how long after that do you get your date for your fitness test?

    • 6 replies
    • 202 views
    Paul C1546620148
  9. KrissB
    Started by KrissB,

    Hi, at the moment I live in Spain but applied for Northumbria last week as i've only just found out they were recruiting...and have only recently turned 18. Does living in Spain affect my chance of bein successful with my application?

    phil381546620193
  10. Jimeny22
    Started by Jimeny22,

    Hello. This is my first post and i wasn't sure where to put it all what to call it. I wear glasses, my eyes aren't that bad but i was thinking of having laser eye just to make life a little easier. I'm applying to the MET and they say your surgery must have finished 6 weeks before applying. If i was to have my surgery in two month time or even 3 or 4 months, and my application has to be handed in by the start of October, what do you think my chances are of being picked up on it in the future tests, assuming i make it to day 1 and then day 2? If i kept wuiet about it and had no complications would they know or i have to declare it at any point? what are your though…

  11. moomoo
    Started by moomoo,

    Hi, Can anyone help with some advice about an arthroscopy (Knee Op)I have just had. The problem I have got is that my operation went really well and I am back to work fully fit and doing my normal duties as a PCSO having recently applied for the regulars to which the FMA are now saying I need a settling down period for my knee? My consultant gave me a very good discharge report saying that my knee has healed very well and there are no forseeable problems for the next few decades! Along with saying that my knee as settled down nicely and is operating normally. This report was sent to the FMA who are now saying I need this settling down period before I can be given the a…

    • 2 replies
    • 154 views
  12. Jake 21
    Started by Jake 21,

    Hi there everyone, I have decided to apply to Northumbria, I applied unsuccessfully to Durham about 3 years ago (failed paper sift), but I just wanted to run a couple of things by you guys before I get started. Firstly, is it advantageous to apply online or do the guys who score the applications not mind either way? I don’t mind waiting for an application form in the post if it will look better when it’s been marked! Also, there has been two occasions in my life when I have been involved with the police, the first was 18 months ago when I was arrested for suspected assault (but was never charged) and the second occasion was about 4 months ago when I received a fisc…

    • 8 replies
    • 518 views
  13. StrathclydeK
    Started by StrathclydeK,

    Totally gutted, failed the fitness by 1 min. Now having to wait 3 months. I kind of knew that it would be hard as I have been diagnosed with a Vasualar Compound which means blood and oxygen are not getting to my legs thus why I have been in pain for 10 weeks - wrongly diagnosed with shin splints. But all the same gutted, going to wait to see if I pass the written papers then take it from there

  14. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Hi, anyone else on here starting for Herts on the 20th October?

    • 1 reply
    • 407 views
    simonmullan1546081297
  15. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    i have got my fitness test on the 23rd of september couple of questions when will the medical be? has vetting already been carried out if so will a default and a few arrears fail my application i have had a bad 12 months finacially due to the wife being ill and a loss of income. if all goes well what start date would i be looking at seems like january might be a bit to close would i be right in thinking march? cheers in advance stu

    • 6 replies
    • 130 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.