Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jimmy Pea
    Started by Jimmy Pea,

    I may be answering my own question on this one but here goes anyway. Looking on my application form it states I must "complete this form in person using black ink or type-face" it doesn't mention anything about block capitals, however a little slip of paper they handed out on the open day clearly states "block capitals and black ink". Does this include the "Competency" questions for the met does anyone know, as my cousin that applied (successfully) to Suffolk wrote in lower case on these questions as have a few others to the same force. I wonder if it's just something the met require or whether it's just not explained properly, or even more probable, I'm a complete du…

    • 3 replies
    • 283 views
  2. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Module 1 exam this week and i am bricking it, been trying to keep up as with revsion notes and power point print offs etc and have done some revision this weekend but am now bricking it that i am going to crash and burn. Just done a few practice questions and got most wrong! Wish i didnt bother with them as i was fairly confident before.... :smiley_vomit:

    • 0 replies
    • 382 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  3. bassman1546620268
    Started by bassman1546620268,

    Hi, just a quick question... I am in the middle of preparing for the assessment Centre, and just wanted some clarification on the Competency based interview. Are the questions based around the compentency questionnaire that was submitted as part of the application form? I have read all of the correspondence received and I can't see that it does say that they will refer to my original questionnaire submitted, but someone else who I know who has applied has told me that they do? Any pointers? Cheers

    • 9 replies
    • 434 views
    bassman1546620268
  4. Victor95
    Started by Victor95,

    Just got documents (registration form, tattoo form, accomodation advice) from TVP after they received my online app. Does this mean my app passed an initial sift? Secondly, after submitting my app I decidied I wanted to join the Met, how soon can I transfer the app to the Met? lastly (sorry!) anyone using any form of housing assistance and what does it equate to? Sorry for the questions appreciate any replies Lewis

    • 5 replies
    • 667 views
  5. sandl2002
    Started by sandl2002,

    Hi there I was wondering if you could but my mind at rest. I have my assessment center this morning (sat 6th sept) and I feel it went ok, apart from the interview. In the interview I was expecting the questions to be the same as the questions in the application. I discovered they weren’t. There were the same principles i.e. customer focus etc. I thought that the questions they were asking may be the same as the application but being asked in a different way so I continued to give the answer from my application. Shortly into my answers the assessor stopped me and asked me to keep to the question (which straight away I knew I was in trouble). I managed to answer the qu…

    boxman801546620126
  6. gmorris
    Started by gmorris,

    passed physical tue this week for wmp im so chuffed all done now (I THOUGHT) Had a email and letter next day saying== To finish my application please explain why i hadnt declared two outstanding offences from 8 years ago seatbelt offences i honestly forgot as i put down a speeding offence from when i first passed will this affect my chance im at the last hurdle now and i soooo want this ? i have wrote a letter explaining the sutuation that they slipped my mind... cheers gav

    • 2 replies
    • 544 views
  7. exodus18.11
    Started by exodus18.11 * ,

    Hey how are you guys all doing? I just needed to put a question towards anyone in the police service, or obviously anyone that can help (hopefully most of you). Is there an advantage of having a degree while applying with the met? I am currently workings towards a national diploma in public services, and upon completion, I wanted to go to uni to do a BSC police studies with crimonlogical psychology degree. I just wanted to know, would this by any chance boost my success in getting in to the met, and would this also give me an advantage if I was to sepcialise in jobs? Thanks, please let me know, and I would appriciate all answers :) Regards, Jay

  8. chris2507
    Started by chris2507,

    Hi I was wondering if anybody had any idea of how long roughly it takes (if all is well) from sending your application form in to getting your ac date and then starting training? I sent my application form in around 7 weeks ago now and have still yet to hear. Thanks alot.

  9. Alpha11
    Started by Alpha11,

    hey i start west mids in a week and just had a question about the workbook! do you need to be memorising every detail of it or just the main bits???

    • 0 replies
    • 442 views
  10. makkatron1546620281
    Started by makkatron1546620281,

    Whilst preparing for the Role Plays at the tables do you have a copy of the EPS and CoCs there to reference??

    • 2 replies
    • 180 views
    boxman801546620126
  11. nat1972
    Started by nat1972,

    Hello to everyone I'm new on here so busy trying to work things out etc etc I have my provisional start date of 15th September with Northumbria and my Induction Day is on the 1st Sep. I am just wondering what kind of things are done during this Induction day as I am a bit wary that I could still mess things up for my start. Is the a final intervieww stage and is a suit needed ???? Any help would be gratefully received Thanks Nat

    • 8 replies
    • 489 views
  12. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    Currently awaiting my Day 2. Am I the only one who is totally paranoid about the vetting? I never done anything wrong but I'm still scared to death that I won't make it through.

    • 11 replies
    • 696 views
  13. phil381546620193
    Started by phil381546620193,

    Someone told me to re-apply with Strathclyde Police as I could get a better chance to get in.I failed A/C with Central Scotland but I m more disappointing with myself as I didn't follow the core competencies and of course I won't repeat my mistakes again(that's for sure!). Only curiosity as I have a long recovery to do first. Thanks, phil

    • 1 reply
    • 414 views
  14. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    I had the breakdown of my results from the assessment centre. I passed - just. but in the results it says that this doesn't secure me a job and that they can raise the bar at any time and the people with the lowest score will drop off! I'm worried now. Is this a standard thing they write on all these forms?

    • 5 replies
    • 692 views
  15. rfc
    Started by rfc,

    Hi Everyone, I've just done my medical today and thought I'd pass on something I'd like to have known before I went. The PC Department want a copy of your "full birth certificate." This has to show your parents names and details. The only one I've got is the "short one," which they won't accept (My girlfriend's subsequently advised me that where I was born they only issued parents with the longer version if they specifically requested and paid for it, She's got one!) Good news is that you can order them online if you haven't got one (just ordered mine 10 mins ago, estimated despatch date 19 September). Hope this helps someone. Good Luck! rfc

    • 6 replies
    • 277 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.