Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    It seems that the Met have been recruiting for almost a year now. Are they just going to keep going? They must have got loads of people by now.

    • 3 replies
    • 489 views
  2. Victor95
    Started by Victor95,

    moved

    • 1 reply
    • 283 views
  3. sam foster
    Started by sam foster * ,

    Hi my name is sam, i am looking to join the police within in the next two years, i am currently in year 13 studying 3 A level subjects. As well as the grades i will achieve for these subjects it would be very helpful if anyone who has gone through the recruitment stage or someone who is in the force to give me advice on what else i could do such as other curricluar activities that will stand out and improve my chances of being accepted into the police force! i will be grateful for any advice!

    • 3 replies
    • 349 views
  4. Ritchie28
    Started by Ritchie28,

    If like me you were not that fit when you decided to apply to the police and have since then had to train like a bat out of hell - how are you all going with your training. The Scottish Forces do the 1.5m run but I'd be interested to hear from everyone including those having to do the shuttle/bleep test. I am nearly there with my training. I did the 1.5m in 13.37minutes on sunday so I just need to keep working at it to be totally comfortable with the run. Also found out that for Central, we now do the 1.5 on a track! Anyway - I am interested to hear about everyones progression :)

    • 14 replies
    • 414 views
  5. jshrew
    Started by jshrew,

    In order to comply with dress code last night I attempted to remove my ear piercings however one is in the rook of my ear and I have been unable to dislodge it and didn't finish work early enough today to get to a piercer to remove it (I live alone so don't have anyone else to try). Should I raise it tomorrow and explain or not make an issue of it? Also I have had flu all week and an intermittent irritating cough is it ok to carry a bottle of water with me in the interview and role plays? I'm probably fretting needlessly but my head is working overtime at the moment

    • 3 replies
    • 110 views
  6. jc.fuller@talk21.com
    Started by jc.fuller@talk21.com,

    Hi Can anyone shed any light on what the sussex police force accept as being the highest BMI? I have read that the Met now accept up to 32? wondering if anyone knew what sussex accepts? I have my medical on 10th July, currently hovering around 31.5 still loosing but worried it wont be enough> Whats crazy is that I passed the fitness already and now i could be rejected beacuse of my weight?

  7. boxman801546620126
    Started by boxman801546620126,

    My test is tomorrow (Cleveland), jsut wondering if I am permitted to take a bag with a bottled drink and maybe a snack. Can anyoe advise please - preferably ASAP! Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 158 views
  8. Nat1
    Started by Nat1,

    hi all, Im looking for a bit of advice on how to train for the push/pull test. Im not the strongest of women and having to start from scratch to build up my strengh. I have been starting with press-ups but as i am a member of a gym was wondering if anyone knew the best machines to train on???? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 254 views
  9. spamdy

    I'm a little bit stressed as I write this. Having applied 16 months ago and having passed my A/C, interview, fitness and medical successfully I have been waiting for a start date since January. These provisional dates have been moved back and back and I learnt last month that I probably wouldn't start for another year. I cut my losses and transferred my application to another force. This new force have been marvellous and have kept me in the loop with nearly daily contact and have pushed everything through at double speed. With a provisional start date next month, I went for my medical last Friday only to FAIL on colour vision!!! How can I be more colourblind in one part…

  10. chrisking73
    Started by chrisking73,

    Hi, my girlfriend and I have both finished with the book 'how to pass the police selection process' and whoever wants it can have it for free. Its really useful and recruitment reccomended it to start with. just respond or pm me and ill send it right out to ya] chris

    • 8 replies
    • 936 views
  11. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Finally things are moving with my vetting, references have gone out :) 2 out of my 6 employers have been familty members. The first one goes back about 10/12 years when I worked with my dad in a contract cleaning business. The second one was when I was employed by my girlfriend (now wife) in a business which was about 4 years ago. I have had normal "out of family" employments in between, before and since. Now, they obviously will be able to see a link when checking the references. After all, one of the reference requests has been sent to my home address where my wife and I ran the business from 4 years back. I have emailed vetting and tried to explain, and they said so…

    • 2 replies
    • 352 views
  12. gmorris
    Started by gmorris,

    Hi i had my medical tuesday and passed wohoo But they picked up on industrial hearing damage I got this working at a company between 1996 and 2000 on heavy machinery. Will it make any difference to my police career if i look into compensation because this company was told off for this in the year 2000 and then provided ear protection but the damage was already done... thanks for info i just dont wanna blow my chances as im nearly there just my physical to go this wednesday coming.. cheers gav . . .

    • 2 replies
    • 209 views
    robstock1546620155
  13. squipper
    Started by squipper,

    I've searched & serached without success......can any one give me a general summery of the difference in powers between a PCSO and PC. I know that some forces differ slightly and it's down to the Chief Constable of that force to interpret the guidlines to a degree. But, is there a link to a web page where i can find a broad outline of the differences?

  14. SimonReed
    Started by SimonReed,

    Hi, I have my medical for Gwent on Wednesday morning - has anyone recently had their medical or are about too ?? What was the order of the day if you have? Getting quite nervous - hate being poked and prodded at the best of times nevermind by a complete stranger cheers, Si

    • 10 replies
    • 760 views
  15. diablo
    Started by diablo * ,

    Hi, I am due to start my student officer training for West Midlands police and as I have not studied for quite some time, I was wondering what study methods you guys use? and how much hours would you recommend of pre-reading? Also I was wondering is there a lot of mathematical content involved in training? Thanks. Yans

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.