Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    hi, i called tvp today as i have still not got my fitness test date so i called to see where i was at. they said medical vetting still being done - fine - but that they were also waiting for my references to come back..? i wasnt aware my references would be checked this early and now im worried they will contact my current employer who knows nothing of my application as i was gonna wait til later on to tell them. do they have to ask my permission to contact current employer? surely it would make sense that this is the last thing to be done? does this mean they have done all the other checks even though i have not even done my fitness yet? i dont want to tell my employe…

    • 12 replies
    • 768 views
  2. lawe88
    Started by lawe88,

    Yes I know its another vetting question. My personal circumstances have changed and have cause my finances to go a little out of control, in the way that, the job I was working at was not paying me properly (being paid once a fornight or even every three weeks, instead of every week), causing me to lose money to my bank and miss payment to keep my head above water, as they say, however before this happened I had a very good history with everything. Now given that the vetting against finances is looking at vast, uncontrolable debt,( as apposed to the slight problems that I am having now) what impact is it likely to my CTC.

    • 1 reply
    • 476 views
  3. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    I am (hopefully) joining West Mids at the end of this year. I have just turned 30, and am switching careers now as I have realised gradually over the last few years that this is what I really want to do. Is joining at this relatively late stage a disadvantage, with regards to career development? I know that age discrimination is not tolerated. However, am I likely to find it more difficult to progress, than someone who has joined at 20? I assume that skills that are acquired and developed in a previous career, plus 'life' experience and of course merit/ability all play a part, but I would be very interested to hear about other peoples experiences. Thanks Jon

    sykes1545925530
  4. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    Hi Would be really interested in hearing from any student met police officers as to how much take home pay they received please. JOHN

  5. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hey, I'm really really really worrying over my Maths right now. I know it can be a long time before I hear anything back (hopefully I do and it's a yes to be invited to the A/C), but I'm trying to brush up my Maths just in case. I'm failing with my percentages, division & timetable.. has anyone got any pointers, do the maths questions in the actual test consist of alot of %'s? If you are allowed, what kind of %'s, are they high numbers (in the thousands for example something like this: Out of 13,750 in a football stadium, 10 percent are season ticket holders. How many people do not have a season ticket?), or are they small? Thanks!

  6. mina_galtta
    Started by mina_galtta,

    I have my PCSO A/C on Thursday 10th July. I have been studying hard and think I know the basics. Just wondering if any of you wise people could offer any last minute practicle advice as to how best approach the day etc. Thanks in advance... MG

  7. danb11
    Started by danb11,

    Dear all, After the second attempt I have passed the Merseyside assessment centre (had a phone call this morning). They have asked if I can attend a physical this Friday. Two questions: 1) is it normally this quick to go through to the next stages and 2) what happens in the physical test? Many thanks Dan

  8. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Someone has told me that I will have to write a proposal document at the assessment centre. What the hell is a proposal document. I mean, What structure does it have? Does anyone have an example of one? Cheers, Stefa

  9. -PC-PLOD-
    Started by -PC-PLOD-,

    Hey, Has anyone transferred to Hampshire, or any other force for that matter and had to go thorough a 'board' interview after application? Just looking for some hints on what sort of things they may ask or expect? Ta.

    • 1 reply
    • 835 views
  10. rayray1546620242
    Started by rayray1546620242,

    Hi , Are they being serious when they (the MET) want you to do a chess press of 35kg?!!?!!!?? I went to the gym today and the instructor said that a push/pull version is a chess press. It was so hard! - there is no way that I (or any other female) can do that! I do 28 kg , but that was it!!! I am 5ft 6 and quite fit , so do not understand why I can't do this! My friend told me that the Police pull/pull machine is different to the one at the gym , and is easier as it is a digital recording. I do not understand how this can be though? Any help will be gladly appreciated! Basically do I have to bench press a gym standard 35kg?

  11. stuartc1546620270
    Started by stuartc1546620270,

    Hi I am starting my training in a couple of weeks & was wondering if it was possible to quickly explain what sort of things to expect on my first day? What is the dress code at the Police College until my uniform arrives? What sort of things do I need to take on my first day? What sort of hours do you work in training? I appreciate any help/advice. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 762 views
  12. twiggerz
    Started by twiggerz,

    Hi im looking to join suffolk constabulary when im 18, at the moment i have a decision to make, whether i carry on with my A levels (not enjoyable lots of retakes to be carried out ) or to do a public services BTEC National diploma. Does anybody Know if the police prefer you to have A levels or don't mind?

    • 5 replies
    • 655 views
  13. Serpico1
    Started by Serpico1,

    Finally got the call yesterday from teh intake team, I am in :) Hendon 12th of October. Just enquiring, anybody else got this date and been confirmed? Still has not sunk in.

    • 2 replies
    • 541 views
  14. TorieT
    Started by TorieT,

    Hey Everyone, Just asking the People who have done Day1 the interview, what you have to wear. Do i need to wear a suit?? Also how did this go for everyone else?? I sent my application off for the closing date which was 22nd may 2008. It was successful but it is now 1st September and i still have not had a Day1 despite several calls to the met office, who just Say "it will be soon, we have 500 people to place".. A girl sent her application form off 6 weeks after me yet she found out hers was successful just 2 weeks later. I waited 9 weeks.. Now she has her Day1 15th october and im still being fobbed off with the same answer over and over again. …

  15. phil381546620193
    Started by phil381546620193,

    hi folks, I am wondering how long it will take to reply to my application.I have sent it 6 weeks ago and so far I have received nothing. Is anyone have applied to Central? and is 6 weeks a reasonable length of time? I guess that being the smallest force I may not get lots of replies but 1 or 2 will do for me. Cheers, phil

    • 5 replies
    • 746 views
    rossmunro19821546620279

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.