Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. meg79
    Started by meg79,

    Well . . .here it is at last. Assessment tomorrow!!! (anyone else at Ryton tomorrow morning?) I cant help wondering if the amount of work I have put in has been enough. By the sounds of others on here, it seems minimal! This means so much to me and it will be devestating to fail at this point. Apart from panicking and running away, anyone got any last minute advice? Is there anything productive I can do in these final hours? Unfortunately it's in the morning, so no time to prep then. Note to self . . . loose the negativity!! :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

  2. lang_ali
    Started by lang_ali,

    Hi my first post but have been reading the forum for a while now and found it of great help during my interviews! I only have to complete my fitness test now and I'm in. Only problem being I needed a Dr note after my medical due to having an operation several years ago (note says I'm fit to go). It's been over a month now since the medical and still no date. Is this usual? I have called recruitment a couple of times to see if they have received it and have been informed it's with occupational health. My question is do I keep ringing say once a week or is that harrassing them? Should I call Occupational Health or just be patient? So frustrating, especially being as it i…

  3. meheh
    Started by meheh * ,

    Hi all This is my first post so first and foremost hello to everyone! I've got my intital interview with Strathclyde on the 03/08/08 and I'm really struggling to find the descriptions of the modules at Tulliallan. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction pls? Thanks in advance Paul

  4. Keeferoo
    Started by Keeferoo * ,

    Hi Everyone, Hope you can put my mind at ease... I am currently going through the recruitment process and have had my doctor fill in my medical report. About 3 months ago of got a nasty poke in the eye which left me with a corneal abrasion. This required some treatment. I declared the injury to the doc and had him update my medical record. Last month I visited an optician to get the relevant optical form signed and he reported that my un-aided vision is very good (5/6-) in the injured eye. However, at the moment I have been advised by the person who treated my eye that I should take drops to stop the eye drying out (corneal erosion for those in the know) for the res…

  5. pottheed9593
    Started by pottheed9593,

    I have sent off my application form today with the closing date of 19th september - does anyone have any idea - if I am sucsessful when the start date will roughly be i.e december or summer 09 or whenever?? Thanks

    • 13 replies
    • 770 views
  6. rfc
    Started by rfc,

    Hi Everyone, I've got my fitness and medical in London tomorrow and I was wondering what kind of levels they are hoping to see from you? I can't believe they'd be happy if everyone gets the minimum pass mark. I would like to know if my scores are going to be any good or not..... Any ideas? I also heard a rumour that (assuming you've passed and vetted OK) you have to retake the test later on down the road with an expectation that your scores will have significantly improved. Is this correct? Thanks for any suggestions. Greatly appreciated. Very eager to get going. Hopefully this time on Friday I'll be waiting ages for the next stage of the recruitment process! rfc

    • 3 replies
    • 134 views
  7. tall_paul
    Started by tall_paul,

    Hello...ive had a brief look around the site and couldnt find a great deal about this topic. Does anyone know what the hearing requirements are for Police Officers. I did find some info on the Met website however it made very little sense. I have partial hearing loss (30% or so) in on ear after a childhood illness leading to eardrum damage and am a little conerned that it my prohibit me from joining. I have heard that it would prohibit me from joining certain sections e.g firearms which tbh I would not look at joining anyway. Have yourselves a nice wk end....

    • 12 replies
    • 4.7k views
  8. Ross101
    Started by Ross101,

    Hi im new here and have a question hopefully someone can help with Iv just come to the vetting process for a job of PCSO in the BTP. I had my fitness test in tadworth on the 1st august and passed. Im just wondering does anybody know how long I should be waiting for the vetting to finish as its been just over 3 weeks now (from time of post) and iv checked with my current employer and they havnt even requested refrences yet. Its taken 2 years to get this far and im starting to fear the worst! Should I give them a ring up or should i be waiting abit longer? Any replys appreciated

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    Whoo, just got the letter through for my GMP medical, pleasantly surprised it only took two working days for them to send it me, looks like things speed up considerably at this stage, I only passed the fitness on Thursday. Anybody else have theirs in late August?

  10. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    Hey all, I returned off hols without no letter of my result of my application form, so I rang up West Mercia's Hindlip HQ who recieved the results today and informed me I had passed! I got two B grades and one C grade, which resulted in a B grade overall. I'm so happy about passing this first hurdle. Has anyone else rang to recieve their result? And also, how long after the application process does the a/c take place (roughly)? Luke

    • 7 replies
    • 559 views
  11. rizel23
    Started by rizel23,

    Hi all, I'm thinking of applying for the police in the near future (Warwickshire, when they do). I'm reading Ian Hutchisons 'The Police Selection Process' and going to the gym 4 times a week to get in shape. I have a couple of questions please: 1) I'm dyslexia (was found out at a early age), so some times i suffer from spelling and maths errors. Now this is not to bad, i managed to get through A-Levels & University OK, so would the police take this into consideration on there tests?? 2) I'm looking to brush up on my maths, can anyone recommend a decent book that would help? Many thanks, Sam

    • 15 replies
    • 893 views
  12. morganM
    Started by morganM * ,

    Hi guys. Forgive me if this isn't in the right place or if my questions could be answered through a delicate reading of the sticky threads etc. Nothing I've stumbled across appears to address my situation exactly (although I could just be incompetent). Anyway, I'm supposed to be starting at Exeter College, Oxford as an undergraduate in September on an English course, but I really don't think it's right for me. I've wanted to join the Police force for as long as I can remember (with ambitions of working in the CID) though my parents have always discouraged it. I guess the question I'm asking is: How much will the completion of a university degree delay a potential …

    • 11 replies
    • 503 views
  13. iorddonen
    Started by iorddonen,

    Hello, I have just had my assessment centre with Kent police and frankly I’m quite worried about passing. I had a very poor written section and I think that’s going to cause me to fail. My question pertains to the percentage that each section of the assessment centre makes up. Are the interviews and role plays given a larger % of the overall pass mark? Also does passing the A/C relate to your overall mark, or do you have to passing each individual section of the A/C to pass the A/C??? Not sure whether I explained that very well but I hope you get the gist of what I mean. Cheers J

    • 12 replies
    • 405 views
  14. Jaye
    Started by Jaye,

    I wanted to know what kind of things i need to do to ensure i am able to pass the fitness test. What kind of exercises to do and what level of fitness is expected to pass. Any sugeestioned would be of great help as i need to start getting ready for it asap. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 828 views
    WetBehindTheEar
  15. mariacorb123
    Started by mariacorb123,

    hi there...does anyone have their fitness test tomorrow???? im so worried although i know i couldnt have trained anymore then i did for the past 4 months!! anyone feel like i do???

    • 3 replies
    • 118 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.