Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    i have sent off my security and medical details. i rang recruitment to ask when roughly the fitness test and medical will be they said probably not til jsut before my start date which is provisinally the end of april. has any one else had to wait this long

    • 5 replies
    • 449 views
  2. VegaUK
    Started by VegaUK,

    Hi all, Ive been reading through this forum and it seems that quite a few people have been getting medical test date for GMP. I was wondering how long after the fitness test date they recieved notification about the med test and also the period between the fitness date and med date. Also, on the day of the fitness test are you told the result i.e. pass/fail? Thanks, John

    • 3 replies
    • 117 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  3. Rector1546620277
    Started by Rector1546620277,

    Hi Everyone I have asked this question to numerous people including, Police Staff, PCSO's & Even Police officers and I get different answers each time, so I thought I'd try on here. I have always wanted to join the police, but because there was a height restriction at the time I was unable to as I'm only 5'6. I worked through various jobs and in pure stupidity stole some dusters from one of the companies I worked for and ended up going to court and recieved a £300 fine & 120 community service. However that was in 1992 and I havn't done anything since and have worked hard and now own my own house, have a wife & two children. I have owned my …

    • 7 replies
    • 384 views
    colette1546620157
  4. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    A lot of people on her seem to not only be paying for their doctor to sign their medical forms but paying ridiculous amounts, i've seen £70. I made a regular appointment with my Gp then when I was in there asked him to sign the form and check the details such as jabs etc. This cost me nothing, zilch, squat! A normal appointment wouldn't cost you anthing so why should this? I think the doctor would have to be quite cheeky to charge you face to face for taking up the whole 5 minutes of their time. So, don't leave it with them, make an appointment and hope they just sign it. Paying such amounts is crazy.

    • 17 replies
    • 617 views
  5. mr.sifter
    Started by mr.sifter,

    Im starting to really pick up the training now and want to simulate the bleep test in the local park, and i need to know whether the bleep test is 15 or 25 m long as obviously this will make quite a difference! Cheers Sifter

    • 7 replies
    • 131 views
  6. theduke
    Started by theduke,

    Hi there, I have just missed out on Northants police by 1%. I'm gutted!! I have recieved my feedback and there is one question in the interview section that I am really disapointed about, I really believe that I should have got a better mark than I was given. I have been told that there's an appeal procedure but have no way of going about it. Can anyone please shed some light on how I can queary it, tried to phone h.r but no real help

  7. David222941546080888
    Started by David222941546080888,

    Hi there i have my exam in a few weeks and i am really having a hard time trying to do ratios again, here is an example. For a rally organised by CND, a crowd of 14,000 is expected. How many police officers will be needed to attend if the ratio of police to demonstrators is 1:350? Can you also right down how you worked it out so that i can understand, Thanks for any help you guys and girls can offer

    • 13 replies
    • 272 views
    David222941546080888
  8. wallis_2007
    Started by wallis_2007,

    Hi, i am currently in College studying Uniformed Public Services. I want to become a Police officer after i have completed my final 2 years but become more nervous as time gets shorter. 1. Is the PCSO assessment the same a PC. i.e. do PCSO have to Role-play? 2. If you are rejected when you apply and you have to wait 6months .. would it be wize to get a civi job while you wait? 3. I live in Nottingham, i am right in saying i can not join the Nottinghamshire Police because i am from Nottingham and if so does it apply to you if you want to become a PCSO? also, if say, i applied for Leicestershire Police would i have to move to leicester in order to work there or would i h…

  9. AmoUsher
    Started by AmoUsher,

    Hi guys. I applied for Leicestershire Constabulary in April, got past the paper sift and the assessment centre but failed my final interview on the 14th July argh! I'm only 19 so I've got plenty of time, and I rang up Thames Valley this week to ask if I could transfer my application despite my failing the final interview and the guy seemed quite sure that I would but wasn't positive. Has anybody else been in this position? It has not been 6 months, but do I have to definitely wait 6 months before I can transfer it? I spoke to Leicestershire and they said they would transfer my papers over straight away, but the guy at TVP said they hadn't been transferred yet and said the…

    • 3 replies
    • 356 views
  10. christ0on
    Started by christ0on,

    Hi all i am new to this site but would just like to say it has helped me alot whilst doing my application form so thanks guys and girls. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas how long it is taking for Northumbria Police to reply to the application form stage. Best regards Chris

    • 19 replies
    • 1.2k views
    specialteacher1546081026
  11. stella68
    Started by stella68,

    Hi all, can anybody out there give me some advise please. I appied for Lancs at the begining of the year, but got turned down straight away because of my sick record and was told to reapply again in Jan 09. The thing is my sick was all genuine reasons hospital op n recover, which I did state in the app form. I was told they want to see a continuse year without sickness Now lancs are recruiting again and I really want to apply, but if I do they will take one look at my name and sick record and turn me down, which I feel is unfair, as they havnt even looked at my competencies. So if this happens I would like to appeal and to know how I can go about this. C…

  12. Victor95
    Started by Victor95,

    Hi, I have just applied to the TVP. Was wandering if my current job (Customs Anti-Smuggling Officer) will leave me in good stead for application and police work? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 402 views
    george76271546620128
  13. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Hi, I currently live in Lincoln but i'm in the process of joining West Midlands Police force. My next stage is the medical followed by the fitness test should I pass the medical. My question is, where will they both be held? Thanks for your help.

  14. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Hi, I originally applied for Lincolnshire Police. I never quite achieved the required pass mark so transferred over to West Mids in March 08. Since then I have had to supply them with my work references and I have also had to send back signed medical forms from my doctor. Last week I received a letter asking for two character references as well. Is this normal in the recruitment process? Does this mean my CRB check is now being processed? I thought I was waiting for either confirmation of my CRB results or a medical? Thanks for any help.

  15. madyakermatt
    Started by madyakermatt,

    Hi guys! I have just recieved my A/C dates for GMP, and was wondering if anyone could offer me any advice as to what preperation I should be carrying out? Matt

    • 3 replies
    • 171 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.