Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    just got back from the gmp um-um fitness test, please dont worry like i did beforehand it aint to bad

    • 6 replies
    • 165 views
  2. mina_galtta
    Started by mina_galtta,

    I have just been given confirmation of my medical for PCSO, on October 29th. I asked what should I expect? They answered 'not sure, just wear appropriate underwear'. Now, here's me thinking all sorts, but what should I actually expect to happen at the medical? I am awaiting a letter to confirm this, but just thought I'd ask you guys. MG

    • 6 replies
    • 462 views
  3. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Hi All Just a quick question. I am due to start with west mids in december, and am trying to work out what my take home pay will be. Can anyone shed an light on what I can typically expect? Thanks Jon

    • 1 reply
    • 697 views
  4. Blues'n'twos
    Started by Blues'n'twos,

    I'm just adding this to help others who may not know, the Westshire pack is on the Police-Could You website. Good reading!

    • 2 replies
    • 198 views
  5. ozcan
    Started by ozcan * ,

    Hi all I have applied to the West Midlands Police Force, passed the first stage and now waiting for my assessment day, however, i want to transfer my application to the Met.... is this possible if so how?

    • 2 replies
    • 252 views
  6. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    Hey, Are there any Cumbria applicants lurking here abouts?

    • 32 replies
    • 981 views
  7. newbie1
    Started by newbie1,

    Hi. Just had my medical and passed. Does anyone know how long it takes before your invited for the fitness test? I was told straight away that I passed, thought i would have to wait.

    • 0 replies
    • 462 views
  8. sandl2002
    Started by sandl2002,

    Hi I was wondering if anyone can help. I applied for Cleveland Police in June 2007, on 7th august I received a letter saying that they had received more applications than anticipated and allow them more time to complete the marking process, therefore not to contact them at this stage. This however was over 2 months ago. Do you think it would be wise to contact them or will this affect my chances of getting any further due to the letter advising me not to? Any advice would be grateful Thanks Steve

  9. dazza2050
    Started by dazza2050 * ,

    I applied to merseyside police finished my application this morning. There is just one thing worrying me when I was 17 which was 11 years ago now, I was cautioned for being in possession of an offensive weapon. It was a small craft knife in which I used in my line of work and yes I know I was stupid but I went straight into town afterwards to meet my friends in a night club but being my luck I was searched by a bouncer who straight away passed it to the police which obviously I cannot blame them for. I was stupid yes but young and did not think. I have never been in trouble with the police since. I want to know is this going to affect my chances because the is nothing mor…

    • 1 reply
    • 275 views
  10. sjw83
    Started by sjw83 * ,

    Hi everyone, Like a lot of people here, I'm just waiting to get my start date for Tulliallan - supposed to be the 13th October but they are still waiting for a few background reports (hmm, why are these taking so long, eeeek!!!) Anyway, I know the Strathclyde Police website lists the salary scale for constables but was wondering if anyone can clarify. It states starting salary of £21,354 then after initial training it goes up to £24,039 - is that after basic training of 15weeks?? Or after your 2 years probational training?? If anyone could clear that up, much appreciated SW

    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. Guest jay
    Started by Guest jay,

    I had my a/c for the psni back in july and got my letter thru at the beginning of august to say id passed. Still waiting on a date for my medical etc. Has anyone else got a date yet? All this waiting is doing my head in also, if i ring up can i find out what mark i passed the a/c with or do i just wait for the feedback? sorry i know these things have probably all been asked a million times before! they should really make it all less confusing! jay

    • 3 replies
    • 139 views
  12. danb11
    Started by danb11,

    Dear all, Hopefully someone on here will be able to help! I have passed the A/C and physical at Merseyside but failed their final interview (by 2 marks!). I have requsted that the notes form the interview get looked at as a shot in the dark, but not holding any hope on it. Basically, Merseyside have said that the A/C is vaild for 12 months and I can transfer my application to another force. I have spoken to Cumbria who have siad that I need to wait 6 months before it can be considered. Has anyone been/going through the same process and if so does every force require you to wait the 6 month? Any help would be really apprciated Thanks D…

  13. mudal
    Started by mudal * ,

    Can anyone tell me if it is a problem joining if you have points on your licence? I had 3 points when i first passed back in jan 06. Recently and stupidly i have possibly another 6, for being uninsured. Thanks for any comments, been looking everywhere but no one seems to know the answer!

    • 5 replies
    • 341 views
  14. jonathan1985
    Started by jonathan1985,

    Does anyone have a good check list for all things to keep in mind to get ready for the assesment centre, i've got mine on the 27th sept this sat !!! so just keep thinking i havne't focused on somethings. Also i was unable to attend the advice session , having the stuff sent to me , is it a must to attend itor can you get by without it. any advice and news woud be great thanks. jon

    • 2 replies
    • 134 views
  15. g_gallacher_1
    Started by g_gallacher_1,

    Hello I am at present paying off a loan which is in default. I will have completed all the payments by Jan 09 and the account will be marked payed. Will this affect an application to the Police? G

    • 8 replies
    • 436 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.