Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Hope2B
    Started by Hope2B,

    Can anyone help me with a Vetting checks question? Further to checking my Credit Scoring last year I discovered I had been given a negative credit scoring by an energy supplier. To make a very long story short the matter was resolved but I still have a low credit scoring because of this. This was the fault of the energy supplier where they admitted a mistake on their side. Can anyone tell me If this will have any effect on my application? I have also been reading that any time spent abroad is an instant rejection!?? Can anyone elaborate on this and make any kind of verification. I spent a year in Belgium and would hate to think that that would have an adverse ef…

  2. JEFF27
    Started by JEFF27,

    Hi guys just booked my place for West Mercia autumn recruitment drive,21st October,anybody else going?? Any info on what i can expected would be helpful

    • 3 replies
    • 969 views
  3. claireybear
    Started by claireybear,

    Hi Could anyone shed any light on the Bleep test for Strathclyde, is it 15m or 20m they use. Claire

    • 2 replies
    • 236 views
  4. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    Hi all, I hope someone can put my mind to rest with this. On the medical what kind of things will stop me from being able to progress. I have asthma on my medical file but don't use an inhalor as I don't believe I have it anymore and haven't had for some time it was from when I was about 8yrs old. That is all I really have on my doctors notes I think, will it cause a problem please help me to get some sleep....

    • 5 replies
    • 434 views
  5. STUART0300
    Started by STUART0300,

    Hi, Leics had a recruitment role out this year, anyone aware of the number of places up for grabs? Anyone had an offer? and is there a final interview as it would appear that regions differ? My assess day is 1st October.... !!!

    • 4 replies
    • 132 views
  6. matjuc
    Started by matjuc,

    Hi there, is anyone going to tulliallan in november? how far are you with your application? i'm going for my final/int next week - can't wait....# cheers matthew

    • 1 reply
    • 137 views
    theoriginalpsycho
  7. dt2008
    Started by dt2008,

    Hey! Im not far away now...I have my medical and uniform fitting in 2 weeks. Just wondering if there is anyone else applying to join Sussex at the moment and how you are getting on with the process? Cheers guys and best of luck to you all.

    • 4 replies
    • 426 views
  8. mariacorb123
    Started by mariacorb123,

    hi everyone...just a quick question, in the medical test do they test your bmi that day??? i had my bmi checked at my fitness test, but am wondering if they test for it again at medical level??? You see im tring to watch the food im eating at the moment..practically eating nothing..hehe..but i wanted to double check! Any help would be brill! thanks x

    • 2 replies
    • 260 views
    fido1546620302
  9. MT76

    Hey there Could somebody please help calm my nerves - I am starting to panic, big time. In relation to the core competencies for the application form, I struggled to think up situations that really matched what happened. Yes, I have probably dealt with matters like this a zillion times but putting it on paper comes across so much harder. Now, we have to do the same with all 7 - what if I go blank during the interviews - how is it best to prepare. I know we are only questioned on 4 of the 7 but, it is best to think of a situation for all 7 or will we just be tested as someone stated on only those set out below. Obviously I will learn them all (or try to) but any help…

    • 4 replies
    • 261 views
  10. The Peds
    Started by The Peds,

    Well, got the call this morning. Home visit on Wednesday afternoon. The big one. Two hours of torture, but so looking forward to it (nervous as well). Any hints on what to expect, which biscuits to provide etc? Any tips greatly appreciated. Cheers Pedro

    • 4 replies
    • 212 views
  11. timbo1546620255
    Started by timbo1546620255,

    I have 5 piercings - 2 in each ear (through the top and middle) and one through my tongue (which isn't really visible). I have my assessment in a month and plan to take them out before hand, although to be honest I don't want to. What is the "official stance" on piercings? Would they be frowned upon as I fear they will?

    • 4 replies
    • 180 views
  12. Liam_E1546619998
    Started by Liam_E1546619998,

    Hi Does anyone know what happenes when you fail your fitness test when you go up to jackton for the set/fitness day. Does that fail your whole application or do you get a second chance for example month later? cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 132 views
    Liam_E1546619998
  13. westmidscop
    Started by westmidscop,

    Long story shot I am in the early stages of considereing a transfer to Leicestershire Police from West Mids. Anyone on here from Leicestershire Constabulary and able to give me more of an idea of what the force is like to work in? I'd be applying to transfer as a regular shift officer but I am looking to move into Firearms or Road Policing. Are the vacancies in these areas few and far between? What is the quality of kit like? How well are you developed in regards to courses, training new skills etc? It seems like a interesting new challenge. However at the moment I'm thinking I may be better off with the devil i know!

  14. LOLA1
    Started by LOLA1 * ,

    Hi, Am starting with TVP on 13th October, does anyone know if during the ceremony you can read the wording of the attestation or if you have to learn it beforehand word for word?? I cant seem to get my head round it all, its quite a paragraph!

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  15. samatsks
    Started by samatsks * ,

    Hi if any one has been please let me know what happens during the day and is it 2 roleplays or 4?

    • 1 reply
    • 139 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.