Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. geebee

    As of 3 November, the Westshire pack is updated. If you are writing your interview answers using a downloaded copy of the pack, the competencies tested have changed. You MAY get the new one, so double check. Resilience is back... • Problem Solving; • Resilience; • Teamworking; • Respect for Race and Diversity; and • Oral Communication. Other changes include name changes for the roleplays: • Jones, an employee within The Westshire Centre, has been asked to come to a meeting at the centre. • Levy, who owns a pub in The Westshire Centre, wants to discuss a concern they have with the centre. • Messan, who owns a shop in The Westshire Centre, wants…

    • 2 replies
    • 434 views
  2. StrathclydeK
    Started by StrathclydeK,

    How many days holiday a year does student probationers get? or can someone direct me to where the holiday allocation is for Strathclyde Police?

    • 1 reply
    • 886 views
  3. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    hello all. Does anyone know where i can get free/cheap set tests for the strathclyde area - as thats what im applying for. I have the ones from the strathclyde police website, but theres only a certain amount of times you can sit them! Cheers for any help or links to sites!

    • 1 reply
    • 159 views
  4. lizzie86
    Started by lizzie86 * ,

    Hi everyone! Just to say that I passed my final interview for GMP yesterday and having never sat a formal interview before I was really nervous... however... I found that the best preparation was to go in with a positive attitude and a smile. They don't ask trick questions and will prompt you if you are lost for words. It really is not that bad! Pretend like you are chatting to a stranger about your life and ambitions etc! They also did not go beyond the sample questions that are available on this website so read them first! Good luck!

    • 21 replies
    • 264 views
  5. SwimB
    Started by SwimB,

    Hi all, I am applying to be an intelligence analyst and i have passed all statges of the process and i am now going through my security checks. I am really worried about possible convitions my brother may have and i was wondering whether you had any advice for me. I have stated that I know someone who has had a criminal record, but due to the nature of our relationship i do not know what convictions my brother has and there is ibviously no way of obtaining this info. I have attached this information when returning my vetting forms, but do you think that there is anything else i can do? The thought of not getting through at this stage is very upsetting, so a…

  6. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Hi all I am interested to hear from people who have taken the wmp push/pull test, and what weight force they averaged? I passed the test recently, and was fairly happy with my average of 43kg. However, I am now slightly worried, having read some of the posts on this forum, and seeing that some people have been averaging over 70kg. I feel a bit deflated now, as I have gone all out for the last 12 months, getting fit and bulking up. Maybe I need to be doing a bit more? Jon

    • 10 replies
    • 213 views
    boxman801546620126
  7. byz
    Started by byz,

    I may be getting a bit ahead of myself here, as I'm still waiting for my fitness date, but what is the rules on time off during training. Obviously you can't take a 2 week holiday to spain, but would you be able to get away with a friday and monday off so you could go away for a long weekend? I'm applying to TVP btw.

    • 9 replies
    • 558 views
  8. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    On the section stating what school's you have been to, i have forgotten to put when i started it and what date i finished, just looking through my photocopy of my form, what is the best thing for me to do? leave it? and wait for a call etc? or call them and notify? they wont fail me on this small error will they?

    • 2 replies
    • 342 views
  9. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    i've got my fitness test tomorrow, just a bit worried about my fitness as i have had a heavy cold these last two weeks and not been to the gym once. seems to have cleared up now finally i am in good shape generally but could be fitter question is how difficult is it really?

    • 5 replies
    • 139 views
  10. BeckyBee
    Started by BeckyBee,

    Hi everyone, After receiving my letter confirming I was successful at papersift and allocated a place on the assessment centre on the 19th of October, as you can imagine I was delighted! However, on giving this news to my mother and her partner, he has now advised me that he was cautioned 4 years ago. This has annoyed me and left me extremely confused. I have phoned the recruitment department, who have advised me to email them with regards to the situation. They did ask if I live with my mother and her partner and I do not. I guess, what Im asking is will this effect my application? I wanted to make the recruitment team aware of the situation as …

  11. Darkmetman86
    Started by Darkmetman86,

    Hi all, I have my AC Jan/Feb next year for West Mids. So what i would really appreciate is if anyone could tell me what types of mathmatics are in the test e.g. Percentages, Ratios etc. I can then grab a GCSE maths book and study away on the specific math types featured in the test! So if anyone knows please indulge me! Thanks in advance to any help given!

    • 6 replies
    • 316 views
  12. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    Just about to print it off from the pdf i got from the website, has anyone put it on nice paper?, printed it double sided? stapled? etc or just printed it all off single sheet A4

  13. Reboot
    Started by Reboot,

    Does anyone have a good idea when the next Met recruitment event might be held? Their website currently lists events for Specials, PCSO's etc but no Police Officer events. I phoned the recruitment line and they said they hadn't been told but guessed at maybe December to January. Need to get me hands on an application form!

  14. rikydee
    Started by rikydee,

    Hey everyone Im a newbie here and have had the majority of my questions answered, but I do still have one remaining question. I am struggling to find any of my examination results (GCSE's) and certificates, being 29 and I have a feeling they were in my record of achievement which I stupidly disposed of last year thinking as I was a fully qualified engineer, I would no longer need it. My problem is my secondary school has since closed down (by I feel ancient) and I am unsure asto who the examining boards were for the exams. I have contacted some of the main ones and have been told it is £30 per certificate and I will stll be charged that with each of t…

  15. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    Just filled mine in for the MET and wondered did anyone staple it, leave it loose or held it together with a paper clip? Thanks JOHN

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.