Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Becks6400
    Started by Becks6400,

    anyone starting on the 5th jan at hendon??

    • 0 replies
    • 395 views
  2. Stuk
    Started by Stuk,

    Hi All, Did anyone else attend the assessment on the 25th September? A warning for anyone going for the assessment day - watch the push pull test! Three of us failed it due to our poor technique we were all very capable but just missed out by 2/3Kgs on the average so watch out. Please PM or post? Cheers Stuart

    • 4 replies
    • 598 views
    theoriginalpsycho
  3. Kirstin
    Started by Kirstin,

    Hi, Can anyone tell me the pass mark for Strathclyde SET. Surely it can't be as low as Northumbria which is 55% according to a post on the forum.

    • 2 replies
    • 165 views
  4. lee-c
    Started by lee-c,

    Hi all, I have passed my A/C for Northumbria Police and I'm currently completing my vetting forms. At this stage they do not want photos of my tattoo. It is on my right forearm and consists of a small(1 inch)celtic cross on my wrist, And has the wording: " even though I walk through the valley of the shaddow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. " The text runs the length of my forearm. The font is only about size 12. and all in black ink. It can be hidden under long sleeves and isn't noticeable when my arms are by my sides as it is on the underside of my forearm. I dont belive it to be offensive in anyway eithe…

    • 19 replies
    • 2.2k views
  5. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    Had my Ac Yesterday for Devon and Cornwall police. Not sure how I've done, some things went better than others. I really enoyed it though, made a couple of my assessors smile. Hopefully thats a good thing. Just made sure I challenged peoples negative behaviour throughout. Just the 2 week wait now for results...fingers crossed I passed!WannabePC42008-10-12 13:53:12

  6. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    oh yes! time is flying by! only 5 weeks to go until the next stage of the recruitment process! cannot wait. this post is kind of pointless, my apologise! :smiley_notworthy:

    • 92 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. kaki6
    Started by kaki6,

    Hi, I have my Initial Interview on Thursday and would love some tips please. I have been researching on internet and spoken to a Probationer so Im feeling ok for now. The only thing is someone mentioned that they may ask you what modules you study at the College. I cant find any results but I know one is knowledge. Anyone help please? Thanks Kathleen

    • 1 reply
    • 129 views
  8. nikthomas
    Started by nikthomas,

    Just got back from my Bedfordshire fitness and I'm glad to say I passed, just waiting on that official letter now - woo. Well done to everyone that passed, look forward to seeing you all soon. For everyone else, keep at it, it's a rocky ride but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Nik

  9. Simon T
    Started by Simon T,

    I am (hopefully) coming to the end of the recruitment process. I grew up in Hebden Bridge and plan to move back there once/if I get into the police. I would like some advice on which division would be the best one to be based. I understand that you don't have a completely free choice in this matter. Would it be best to work in Calderdale itself? This obviously would be easier for travel but I am not sure about working in the same area I would go out in etc. If not which other areas would be appropriate? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 241 views
  10. paulv
    Started by paulv,

    Hey, just wondering if anyone is starting with Bedfordshire police on the 8th December? Where is everyone living? I need to find somewhere in Bedfordshire!

  11. JohnDW
    Started by JohnDW,

    just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what to exppect fitness wise during training? Eg how much running is involved? And what levels do we need to reach to pass the fitness test we're being given during the first week? I wouldn't call myself unfit but am worrying I'm going ton struggle!

  12. NorPlod
    Started by NorPlod,

    Hi, Stupid question but just wondering if in the interview/Role play part of the assessment day do they put a stopwatch/clock in front of you so that your aware of the time you have left? I'm just not sure if looking at your watch regularly looks bad or not to them. My trouble is I'm practicing my interview answers and have trouble fitting it in 5 minutes unless I time it, I don't want to run on too long and miss out the conclusion. I like to separate the interview and role play answers into 3 timed sections and it would be handy if you could see the time that is all. My A/C is Wednesday coming :unsure:

    • 8 replies
    • 486 views
  13. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Does having an SIA (Door supervisor) licence ever cause any problems with the police? Iknow one person said it held up vetting. I've never been arrested, or had a complaint against me. I'm quite happy to surrender my licence when I start, but I do need it for work in the long slow process of waiting.

    • 1 reply
    • 397 views
  14. Intake4
    Started by Intake4,

    Hi people, im in week 5 at hendon and finding it a little difficult. i am not from a psco or special background and i cant seem to get my head round laws and procedures, and especially radios. I also feel i have not really learnt or picked up anything over the last 5weeks. i can pass the exams without a problem its just the job at hand. can any1 give me advice and let me no if this is a normal anxiety. thanks.

  15. holmes23
    Started by holmes23,

    Just wondered if anyone else on here applied for the police in the Derbyshire area on here? I've not heard anything back yet, wondered if anyone else had? Ben

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.