Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. joeap
    Started by joeap,

    Hi guy just got a start date for Northants, it's the 12th of Jan. Anyone else going to be joining me?

    • 5 replies
    • 610 views
  2. mrwalsh69
    Started by mrwalsh69,

    I completed my Assessment day in September and still not heard of any dates for the Fitness test or Medical, did anybody else attend the September 18th Assessment day and had any news yet??

    • 4 replies
    • 213 views
  3. samwall
    Started by samwall,

    Hi i have just received my first letter saying that my application is pending, but due to me needing laser eye surgery they have put it on hold. how long can the whole process take from getting a date for the assessment center and then starting your training? thats if you pass all the stages to get to initial training! im just curious as i need to think about time lines for the current job i have. any replies on this matter would be much appreciated. thank you sam

    • 5 replies
    • 622 views
  4. becky1989
    Started by becky1989,

    had my medical and fitness today,failed my push and pull by a lot, expected it as am tiny with no muscles in my arms, i felt it was impossible did any 1 else fail it? also they wudnt pass me on my medical because i have poor hearing in 1 ear apparently which i didnt no ! and they wernt sure because ive had pnuemonia about 5 years ago. does being deferred mean a defiante no? it seems they want you to be in perfect condition, surely no 1 is perfect !! help please

    • 6 replies
    • 297 views
  5. Guest tom_smith_001
    Started by Guest tom_smith_001,

    Does anyone have any direct experience of this scenario causing problems with vetting for the Met, or other forces? I was traveling through Asia and obviously have passport stamps to prove where I was and when. During this time I was classed as permanently living at parents house, ie on electoral role, bank statements etc I returned to the Uk July 2007 Thoughts?

    • 3 replies
    • 509 views
  6. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Can anyone tell me what Devon & Cornwall shift pattern is please? Does it differ between stations?

    • 3 replies
    • 709 views
  7. MT76
    Started by MT76,

    Hi, can anyone let me know how the process works. If you pass vetting, I presume they will go straight to the reference request - is that correct? Or, do they contact you to let you know you passed vetting. Basically I need to tell my boss at some point and don't want the reference turning up without my having told him first. I want to call HR to find out but don't want to pester them if I am beting too eager. One of the girls on my day 2 has had her references requested already so they must be due... I did, however, put in that I want my reference delayed as long as possible but, I suppose this is as long as possible isn't it. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 463 views
  8. tipup1546620338
    Started by tipup1546620338,

    Hi all , just wondering if anyone has their assessment day on 18 Nov at Coventry. I am applying for the CNC but was curious if other candidates were on the same day, which were not applying for the CNC.

    • 7 replies
    • 240 views
    tipup1546620338
  9. bunny1546620300
    Started by bunny1546620300 * ,

    today i recieved a letter saying application for appointment i refer to your application for appointment to this force and regret to inform you that giving the matter careful consideration i am unable to offer you an appointment. currently i am in the vetting process is this the standard letter that they send out if u have failed your background checks for strathclyde force. i would like to hear if anyone else hasnt passed background checks and what kind of letter did they recieve. thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 842 views
  10. BEGAN
    Started by BEGAN,

    i passed my assesment centre and am waiting for the fitness and medical, i was told that this should be in oct but i still havent heard anything! is there anyone else waiting for a date or has heard when the test will be? i am very aware that oct is only 6 weeks away!

    • 39 replies
    • 413 views
  11. James579
    Started by James579,

    Hi, I have my fitness test on the 15th November. I've been working really hard to up my fitness, so am reasonably confident I can pass all the fitness side. Is anyone else attending the Essex fitness test?

  12. warriors2008
    Started by warriors2008,

    Hi all, After reading numerous posts on here regarding vetting it has raised a question with my own application. Since submitting my application in Jan 08 my girlfriend has moved in with me. At the time when I filled in the application she was living elsewhere so I didn't include her name or details on my form. Do I now need to inform recruitment that my circumstances have changed? She isn't yet on the electoral role, her name isn't on any utility bills etc but I don't want it to look like I am hiding something! She has an assault charge against her from 5 years ago for slapping her ex, who incidently used to beat the living crap out of her daily! I am assuming that w…

    • 3 replies
    • 497 views
  13. garyroach
    Started by garyroach,

    :clapping:hi, i submitted my application form in july 2008.i heard back two days ago that i had passed the paper sift and i have my assessment centre in february 2009.anyone else heard back

    • 26 replies
    • 464 views
  14. robbierugby
    Started by robbierugby,

    Got my final on tues and need help! Studied like hell but not sure if it's the right stuff!!

    • 1 reply
    • 76 views
  15. owen85
    Started by owen85,

    Couldn't wait for the postman any longer so I called in today, passed with 63%. What a relief, never felt so sick whilst waiting on hold!!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 101 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.