Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. standby-one
    Started by standby-one,

    I'm currently working in GMP and am thinking of a move down to the Met, At the minute i'm working on Response typically only going to grade 1's & 2's, does anybody know when you transfer down to the Met do you go on Response or an Area Policing team? Also does anyone know a good busy borough to work on? Many thanks!

  2. monks85
    Started by monks85,

    Hey, I've got suspect interviewing this week and I have been given a simple shop theft suspect scenario to interview using the PEACE model... Person goes into a WHSmiths is seen by security guard at a PARKER pen stand for 10 mins and goes from it when people approach him and then returns. Security guard sees this person place a pen in his pocket. Person then walks out without paying and is stopped and states, "I don't know what you're talking about, it's an awful mistake." Police called, person searched and described pen found in this pocket and the person says around about the same as above after caution. The person once in custody is found to have over £25 on the…

    • 2 replies
    • 571 views
  3. nightowl
    Started by nightowl,

    i was taking a look at some of south wales's recruitment information online. although it states that there's no upper age limit, would someone who is 38 really stand a chance of being considered?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    Is anyone else that applied to Northumbria have an A/C in April. The reason I ask is does anyone know what the date of the assesment centre is in April will be or waht it is likely to be. I currently only know of one other person with their assesment on the same day as me...But then I did ring recruitment to find out I passed papersift suppose some may be patient enough to wait for a letter

    • 8 replies
    • 154 views
  5. Cosmic
    Started by Cosmic,

    Has anyone heard of or used www.police-training.co.uk. I've heard good things about the site and am considering a subscription. Just wanting to hear others views before I do. Matt

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  6. asnt
    Started by asnt * ,

    For a transfer to the Mets, what competencies are examined and how long is the interview? Any idea of which boroughs are priority boroughs at the moment? Cheers!

  7. Baz10
    Started by Baz10,

    Hi just thought i would say i passed my medical today !! now just waiting for security clearance and i am in!! cant beleive it because i had 10 weeks off with stress from my current job this year (emergency ambulances), so i thought no way was i going to pass. Told the doctor what had caused me stress and he said , if i had not have got stressed there would be something wrong with me!! so all those people who are worried like i was, just be as honest as possible and you cant go wrong!!

    • 8 replies
    • 258 views
    ianfaelanark1546620342
  8. jaks101
    Started by jaks101,

    Phew! i have just completed my assesment day at the GMP, i thought i did ok, but i totaly messed up during the numerical reasoning tests I only managed to answer 17 in the allocated time. would a low score in this one area mess the whole thing up. I mean is there a minimum mark i need to get in this particular test. regardless of how well (or bad) I did in all the other tests. i'm a bit worried.

    • 4 replies
    • 229 views
  9. paddler#2
    Started by paddler#2,

    Hiya, im looking to put my application in for Merseyside police on 22nd September. does anyone remember who is already in this force how long it took for them to hear back about their application? Thanks

  10. monks85
    Started by monks85,

    I had a roleplay day yesterday at a local shopping centre and I have to complete an arrest statement for one of my scenarios but I want to know from someone with actual experience what MUST go in the MG11 (trainer been on a career break and has lost touch with life on the streets!) The scenario... Get called to see a security guard from a shop, they say a camera has been stolen and points out that the offenders in the car over there. I go over get him out the vehicle and do a section 1 search (item not found at time, after scenario tells me he hid it down the front of his jeans by his groin!) and then arrest the male of suspicion of theft. Cheers folks :-)

    • 18 replies
    • 5.8k views
  11. drummond
    Started by drummond,

    Found this may be useful to some of you http://www.2020opticians.com/book/need.html

    • 2 replies
    • 199 views
  12. Vicki102
    Started by Vicki102,

    Hey, Does anyone know what the intake dates for the Met are after 5th Jan? I passed my medical about 2 weeks ago and want to do a bit of travelling in January before I start so am hoping they'll give me a date in March. Does anyone think it likely my start date will be before March anyway?! Thanks for your help! Vicki

    • 4 replies
    • 711 views
  13. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hi, I recently applied for Merseyside Police, North West. I've been scanning through forums/websites, and I've noticed a few replies stating life experiences is a major key on your application form. I'm 18 years old, I feel I have alot of experience, with kids and, well my competencies answers speak for themselves. I'm quite nervous, and really hope I pass the Application Process (I hope I pass everything, but I don't want to get ahead of myself just yet!). Anyway, could anyone clarify this? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. Lexx
    Started by Lexx,

    Has anyone ever passed a force medical, passed the fitness test and security vetting, ( all first time! ) had a GPs letter stating that the applicant is fit for the role of constable....only to be told from Occupational Health, a few HOURS before training starts ( literally ) that they now require your FULL medical history for the purpose of an audit? from the day you were born?... Thus in effect while the FMA / RGN vet the said medical file, delaying entry into the regional force of choice by 6 months plus? Bearing in mind that no problems arisen on the first medical whatsoever..and has this ever happened to anyone over 40? and/or served prior with another force with …

  15. Spartan1546620313
    Started by Spartan1546620313 * ,

    Hi folks, I have been operational for a few months now and I feel as though I am very slow with taking statements, trying to rack my brain all the time to make sure I have included everything. AVOKA, ADVOKTE, I have no problems with, it's things like withdrawal statement, loser statements, domestics, RTC's etc. Is there anywhere I can find a guide for different types of statements???? Appreciate your comments, Spartan.

    • 4 replies
    • 709 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.