Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Sez
    Started by Sez,

    Hey ya Hoping someone can help, trying to find out if I have to do anything more between my pre joining fitness test on the 8th of Decmeber and my starting date on the 16th of Feb for the TVP. I have to go home to australia for a few weeks between these dates and hoping there is nothing I have to show up for. I plan to ring recruitment and explain my suituation, as I don't want to lose my start date as it took 5 months to get clearance for my medical and I just want start already. Sez

    • 4 replies
    • 236 views
  2. PCSO Mickyboy
    Started by PCSO Mickyboy,

    Hello anyone got any sites or links so i can train myself for the assessment on the 18/12/08 cheers Mick

    • 5 replies
    • 226 views
  3. warriors2008
    Started by warriors2008,

    Well after months of preperation I am sure I screwed up big time yesterday! The written exercises went well, as did the interview questions, but the role plays!! I didn't even notice any RRD hook lines in 2 of the scenarios, let alone challenge them! I am right in saying there is one in each scenario? I am gutted to say the least, I am just waiting for the letter to confirm my worst fears now!!

  4. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    When looking through the required level and positive indicators, it almost seems as though it is asking for an example of when you have defened someone for their race/diversity I have an example, but at no point was there any conflict, did I have to stand up for, or show defence for the person. It was more a case of taking into consideration her differences and diversity and making adjustmeants to suit her needs. Do you think this is adequate?

    • 3 replies
    • 238 views
  5. Sophiephil
    Started by Sophiephil * ,

    Hello Has anyone else got there assessment day 1 one for the met in January 09. I'm really nervous just wondered how everyone else is preparing apart from reading the pack over and over again.

  6. ryanb1989
    Started by ryanb1989,

    hey im just wondering if anyone knows roughly what is involved with the pcso training? -how long the training is? -what tests are there that are needed to be passed? -if anyone has any handy info it would be appriciated, anything to do with becoming a pcso would be helpful.

    • 2 replies
    • 447 views
  7. mariacorb123
    Started by mariacorb123,

    Hi Everyone, Was just wondering if there were any people on here that are starting their police training on 1st Dec at Sulhamsted???? Would be good to get in touch with people as its only a week away now!! SCARY!! Write back if you are. x

    • 5 replies
    • 614 views
  8. nomes
    Started by nomes,

    Hi all I'm currently filling out my application form and I need some help. Why in the middle of the night you may think, well the only free time I have is when my two pre-schoolers are in bed. Anyway back to the problem... My husband has got a criminal record from years ago and I'm not sure exactly where to put this information on the form or if I actually need to at this stage. Do you think I would need to state something under the following question: Have you ever been involved in a criminal investigation (whether or not this led to any prosecution) or been associated with criminals? If YES, please give details Or do you think that it…

  9. adz10001
    Started by adz10001,

    Hay all. Just wanted every ones views on the police training. I'm about half way through training and I'm about to pull my hair out (if i had any) I'm going to try my best to not make this a huge rant about this but it might happen. Firstly 29 weeks of sitting in a classroom is pretty hard apart from the people who have joined straight from uni but if it was at one of the training bases like Hendon it would take half the time but the only reason were not in a training base it because were training in the community ??????? Ive been in a couple of different places around different divisions and were not in the community, we are in rooms provided for free by different peop…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Samuel Mcphee
    Started by Samuel Mcphee,

    Hi there, just received my long awaited phone call to tell me that I have my final interview next week? Could anyone who's been through it share your experiences or offer any hints or advice on what to expect? Any advice greatly appreciated. Sam

    • 4 replies
    • 2.5k views
  11. drummond
    Started by drummond,

    When or should i say hopefully i get my final interview if i am asked what division would like am i aloud to work in the same division i stay in, i stay in G so my top 3 in order would be G K A obviously i am thinking about traveling ....... cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 188 views
  12. dw1980
    Started by dw1980,

    Hi, I am due to start as a reg in Feb and I’m confused as to what I will be when I gain independent patrol, for example I thought I would be a response officer but after reading some articles and things on the internet iv gathered I will be a street duty officer. Is this the same thing or two different jobs?

    • 42 replies
    • 2.4k views
  13. Ads1977
    Started by Ads1977,

    Hi guys and girls....I was just wondering if you could share the best ways you prepared for the assessment centre? like how you went about preparing for the role plays or the written assessments for example? I have my assessment on January 22nd with the MET and obviously want to do well....so any advise on where to get started would be a great help! I have started to make notes and read through the pack that has just come through, but how did you best utilise it? Thanks in advance, Ad

  14. mikehoy
    Started by mikehoy,

    Just done my day one, next stage (if i got through) is im guessing references form employer. Problem being, the company i worked for was an Estate Agents in Essex, they are really wobbly at the moment with there finances so i went and got another job. What will they do in this situation, will they try to reach my previous or current employer? Only been at the new job for 2 weeks now, can anyone help?

    • 2 replies
    • 713 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  15. tall_paul
    Started by tall_paul,

    Hello everyone! Not been on here for a while as I have been exceptionally busy with work. Just had my final hearing test with the MPS and I have been cleared for employment!!! Yehaa! Been a stressful couple of months I can tell you. Anyway, I know Hendon recruitment must be very busy at the moment so I have been reluctant to contact them about possible start dates as I am sure they get inundated with similar requests. I have heard that the next and possibly final intake this year is Nov 17th? Im just wondering if anyone could advise on possible scheduled dates as ideally I would like to hand in my notice at my current job, take a month of to prepare and have a holida…

    • 26 replies
    • 2.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.