Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. giz686
    Started by giz686,

    Hello, please bear with me as this is my first posting having read through and watched all the boards with interest. I am really asking this question on behalf of a colleauge who is totally p***ed off with how things are within the office where we both work He is a newly accredited DC having passed the NIE (National Investigators Exam) which, if you havent guessed from the title, is a NATIONAL EXAM, meaning recognised nationally.......................................or so you would think...........................UNLESS you are DORSET police?? Not only has he passed the exam and sat the ICIDP Course, he now wishes to move closer to family (and g/f) and applied to trans…

  2. goughy1546620133
    Started by goughy1546620133,

    hi, anyone coming up to their fitness? Just wondering how you're feeling about it. Goughy

    • 5 replies
    • 491 views
  3. Zan
    Started by Zan,

    Sorry for another thread, I did a search but couldn't find anything that really answered my question. Also, I hope this is the right section I'm just wondering to what degree you can use volunteer work for your police application. As in, would it be considered employment when it comes to references and/or sick days? Or would it have to be paid work for this..? Thanks for any help. I get the feeling I had another question or two, I'll had them/it if I remember =P

    • 1 reply
    • 320 views
  4. Pat Stoke
    Started by Pat Stoke * ,

    Hi, I'm in Scotland and I'm interested in joining up, but I've been reading some of the posts from the "In The Job" section and TBH it aint that encouraging....this is taken from one particular topic: Reasons for officers leaving after 2-5 years: Bosses (and Sergeants) treat you like sh*t; Numerous cancelled rest days; Enforced overtime impacting massively on any private/family life; SOLAP (the biggest pile of b*ll*cks which causes student officers to spend about 300 hours, the majority of which is in their own time, to gain a qualification which is of no use outside of the Police!) The job is not what they expected it to be; Beauracracy, beauracracy, beauracracy; …

    • 7 replies
    • 526 views
    Tim in the South
  5. Liam_E1546619998
    Started by Liam_E1546619998,

    Hey folks, Im in application with Strathclyde Police. Recruitment have called me today requesting security checks from all the countries i was in while on a gap year. I was wondering if anyone has had to do this before? I know every country is different, but was it difficult to obtain? Cheers

    Liam_E1546619998
  6. b_t
    Started by b_t,

    I have my day 2 next week for the met. On the letter it advises candidates to visit your gp to remove the wax from your ears. I have done this, and my gp was adamant that he would not carry out this procedure unless I was suffering from hearing loss (which I am not). My gp did a quick check up on my ears by looking into them and stated that all was ok. I am slightly worried as I have worked with heavy machinery in the past, and I feel that this may have had a slight effect on my hearing. Do a lot of people have their wax removed from their ears, prior to day 2? Also, is it true that quite a lot of candidates fail on the hearing? Thanks in advance.

    • 8 replies
    • 376 views
  7. bobby2907
    Started by bobby2907,

    hi all i have just passed the assessment centre for the Met and have my fitness and medical coming up. i am a little worried about 2 things - firstly, my BMI is just below 18.5 which is the minimum "healthy" weight. does this mean i wont pass? lastly, i am not totally colour blond, but can get mixed up at times. if i get some colours wrong on the day will i fail? thank you all in advance for your help

  8. dt2008
    Started by dt2008,

    Anyone starting Sussex in January???

    • 32 replies
    • 2.2k views
  9. Davyc
    Started by Davyc,

    Hi again all - Finally I have got my fitness date for Cleveland Police. Its been a long wait because of being referred to a specialist - Passed it all and now my fitness - hope I pass and then I am almost there. Can anyone help me and tell me what to expect at the fitness for Cleveland Police at the TA Centre???? Just need to know what to expect if someone can advise me - I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance - Dave PS - Almost there!!!!!!!!

  10. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    i was wondering if the questions they ask you in the interview are the same as in your application form or different. how well do you need to know your application form? any help would be great cheers. p.s what did all the girls wear to the AC???

    • 3 replies
    • 190 views
  11. gmorris
    Started by gmorris,

    Hi all not long now if your starting on the 8th we should all be having uniform fitting this week aswell wohoo lol Anyway how is everyone getting on with this work book ? ? Im on the last week now and can see the final hurdle but im going to read the thing over and over till we start.. Are you all taking this in cause to answer the knowledge questions im having to look back and find the answer some of it is sinking in but the new stuff over writes the other stuff lol Im hoping it all comes together in the end cya all soon gav . . . share all thoughts here we may be able to help each other !!!!

    • 8 replies
    • 796 views
  12. Avvy
    Started by Avvy * ,

    Hello folks, Just received some papers in the post for my medical questionnaire (hooray!). It asks me to state the occasions I have been off sick along with dates - typically I have not recorded the dates myself. This mean I will have to ask the big boss man. My problem is that I work for a small independent firm where staff admin etc is not high on the agenda! I doubt we will have any record of sickness and in the unlikely event that we do, it will be a poorly kept record at best. If I approach my boss for dates he will defintely be suspicious of why I wish to know. We have recently had our team cut from 13 staff to 4 with more redundancies likely so I do not wis…

    • 4 replies
    • 637 views
    Silverwillow1546620257
  13. laurajday123
    Started by laurajday123,

    Hi, I just had a query concerning the absense section of the Mets Medical Form. I was wondering if anyone knew how important it was, and what kind of number of absences they find acceptable. I'm a little worried. I think i've had about 7 occassions over the last three years off sick and probably 10-11 days across those occassions. Do you know if this is likely to cause me any issues? Thanks very much. L

    • 2 replies
    • 412 views
  14. mickymac67
    Started by mickymac67,

    Hi all members just wondering is anyone going on monday for there medical and is it true that they are not doing the final fitness ,also wondering how strict the hearing test is i am not deaf but am a little anxious on how hard it will be ,, regards mick

    • 1 reply
    • 333 views
  15. ChrisDownes
    Started by ChrisDownes,

    Having been looking forward to my fitness test tomorrow I came home this afternoon to a letter from GMP stating they are unable to proceed with my application following vetting checks. I am totally gutted! I'm not sure why as the letter says its confidential, however I can think of two possible reasons, both of which should be fixable in time (2 or 3 years). Ive never been in trouble with the police, and nor has any of my family. I spoke to recruitment about the letter and was advised an appeal is possible and that if anything has changed since my application or should I have not mentioned somethign to them that I think I should have mentioned then I should put it in the…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.