Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. EL1981
    Started by EL1981,

    Hi All, I am due to start up at Tulliallan in January and I am really looking forward to it. Here's the BUT, my wife has just found out she is pregnant and will be due her scan in my first week at college. I was wondering if anybody else had encountered this situation and whether I am likely to get a morning off to attend this? I will probably ring HR and ask but I just wanted some advice before hand.

    • 5 replies
    • 997 views
  2. StrathclydeK
    Started by StrathclydeK,

    anyone else up at Jackton on this date and time? K

    • 3 replies
    • 203 views
  3. pacmanjo
    Started by pacmanjo,

    Hello. Just a quick question. If your currently a serving TVP officer and your either 1) Quitting the force 2) Transferring to another Why? What is your reasoning? is TVP so bad? Also where do you serve? Oxfordshire, Berkshire West, Berkshire East, Buckinghamshire or Milton Keynes. I am just interested to know. (by the way im not from HR i am a Serving Officer too!)

  4. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi guys i need this question answered for me i am waiting to apply with my chosen force the only thing stopping me at the moment is the fact i have 3 ccjs which are in the process of being set a side. so they shouldnt be a problem when applying but i also have 12 defaults on my credit file would this mean i wouldnt get accepted as i was told its only the ccjs they would worry about [/size][/size] this is so annoying as the debt was back in 2004 but havent heard anything from the companies for a few years now if any one can help it would be great cheers d

    • 3 replies
    • 307 views
  5. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    could someone tell me what the questions in the interview are like? On the how2become stuf i have bought they say to prepare for questions like 'why have your chosen the force you have?', 'what do you think being a police officer involves?' and things like that but then other sources tell me its just four questions based on the core competencies. can anyone tell me which is correct? cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 232 views
  6. OSD_Control
    Started by OSD_Control,

    HellOOoOooOoo ! OK - Finally had my application pass and now date for Day 1 assessment centre... 5th Feb !! :):) Just thought I would post on here in hope other peeps will be attending this day 1 IM MADE UP ! ! ! ! haha Leroy x x WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hhhhhhhoOOOOooo !

  7. debbiew
    Started by debbiew * ,

    hey guys im new on here got my final interview on wed just found out! If any1 could give me a wee bit of info on the interview it would be great help!!! thanks debbie (de_bz@hotmail.com)

    • 2 replies
    • 367 views
  8. willz90
    Started by willz90,

    Hello I am interested to know if anyone has transferred their application from the Met to another force for one reason or another???? I am currently in the process of transferring my application to Thames Valley Police, as I failed the met police and I'm interested to know how long it may take etc.... Any information I would appreciate.

    • 6 replies
    • 2.2k views
  9. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    when i was 16/17 i was put on prozac for depression and i also took an overdose. totally stupid idea, silly teenager attention seeking over boyfriend trouble and stuf but you know how teenagers can be, i totally regretted it once i did it and told parents straight away to sort it out. now im worried that i wont pass my medical as this will be in my records. i am a totally different person now and feel like i could tackle anything. i feel embarrassed about my past with respect to what i did and i really dont want it to affect me getting my dream job. does anyone have any advice on this? will this affect me even tho it was 4 years ago???

    • 1 reply
    • 217 views
  10. Jaydee1546620346
    Started by Jaydee1546620346,

    Although I have not even done my assessment yet I felt it may be worth posting on here to see what other people think with regards to my medical situation. In my teens I was pretty unlucky with my health haha nothing serious but I had 3 issues and 2 of them I am concerned may stop me from joining up. I was rejected by the Royal Air Force last year in the medical stage and since then I have consulted a consultant cardiologist and 2 GP's. I had a case of minor depression when I was around 17-18 which I was given medication for, of course I didn't take it but that will not be regarded in the medical. I recently spoke to a GP who pulled up my records and put it down to a "p…

    • 3 replies
    • 753 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  11. michael250975
    Started by michael250975,

    Hi, Does anyone know what colour vision test they use at the medical?

  12. Briskoda
    Started by Briskoda,

    Are you allowed to take someone with you? Also what would you advise me to wear? Thanks Tim

    • 2 replies
    • 439 views
  13. bustybrunette
    Started by bustybrunette,

    I completed my day on the 3rd december for the met police,found it quite easy. Was just wondering what goes on now,how long till i hear how i done,wahts the next phase. How did other people find day 2?

    • 1 reply
    • 306 views
    rabbit1546619926
  14. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    Hello, Just a quick question, do you get the medical results on the same day ?. I only ask because the wait from stage to stage is normally lenthy and I've heard somewhere that you are told on the day if you pass. Would be great if someone could let me know. Cheers Chris

    • 10 replies
    • 393 views
  15. khan1546620329
    Started by khan1546620329,

    hi was just wondering if anyone else might be starting in the january 09 intake? recieved phonecall from recruit saying that my file was complete and will be looking at the jan intake.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.