Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jlong951
    Started by jlong951,

    Hello Folks, I am considering joining the police service in the very near future, and I was just after abit of advice... The scenario is this: I live in North yorkshire, but northyorks aren't recruiting and the only other forces near'ish to me that are, are GMP and leics. Now let's say for example I wanted to apply to GMP, would I be allowed to (as it isn't my 'local' force?)? I live around 100 miles away, but on my part, I wouldn't have a problem at all with travelling throughout the recruitment process ect if it meant I had the possibility of joining the police! I'm not wanting details as such, just whether applying to a force abit futher a field is possible, and all…

    • 7 replies
    • 519 views
  2. lcol98
    Started by lcol98,

    Hi all, Had my AC day 1 today (wed 26th nov) at Hendon. Anyone else had theirs today? How did u find it? Just over 2 weeks until we get the results, its going to be a very long 2 weeks! Fingers Crossed!

  3. Ascot
    Started by Ascot,

    Hi, I am at the fitness test stage of recruitment but i am worried about the reference my emplyer will give, should it come to that:0 I don't have a great releationship with my boss and have recieved a discipline for very minor reasons! I was wondering what damage this could do, and what kind of info they ask for in a reference? Many thanks,

    • 7 replies
    • 550 views
    Silverwillow1546620257
  4. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    Ive sent my application form off to Strathclyde, its been just over a week. How long does it normally take to recieve a reply from them? Also, if they reject your application, do they tell you? Ive asked before, but its changed since then. I have some debt, about 1200 pounds, but im paying it off easily enough. However, i have one default and no ccjs. Ive never missed a payment of both of my credit cards, and ive nearly cleared my student overdraft. Will the one default affect me?

    • 2 replies
    • 289 views
    JamieP1546620297
  5. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    does anyone know the limit that someone can be in debt when joining the police force. im told by recruitment that you can have debt but there is a limit but for some reason they wouldnt tell me the amount.....does anyone have an answer? im 18k in debt, stemming back to when i was young and wanting flash cars. never missed a payment so fine on that front but believe the total amount could find me being rejected

    • 6 replies
    • 490 views
  6. bustybrunette
    Started by bustybrunette,

    Hi I have my medical and fitness next week, there is a seperate form that asks you to pick what areas of london you would prefer to work. Can any one suggest good areas (and why they are good) for a new police officer. Thanks

  7. Intake4
    Started by Intake4,

    Does anyone know what the sergeants application consists of? and when you can apply to be a sergeant?

    • 3 replies
    • 650 views
  8. Jim T
    Started by Jim T,

    Hi Everyone, Can anyone give me some advice on the background checks and vetting. I have applied for West Mids and am currently having my background checks carried out. This seems to have been going on for ages, I know no one from my family have ever been in trouble so i am puzzled to why it is taking so long should i be worried?? I have been informed that the persons i nominated as character references have been contacted but dont know if that is a good sign or not. Would these persons have been contacted if i had failed my background checks?? I would appreciate any comments as my work is currently asking for anyone who is willing t…

  9. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    Got a call today and I’m on the Jan intake. Very short notice and quite unexpected Very pleased (understatement) resigned myself to the March or May intake but its January. :smiley_notworthy: To all those still in the process from the ACS in Jan, Feb, March for G.M.P the backlog might be slowly clearing so keep the faith the call might not be to far off for those hoping to start in March. P.s cheers to all the help from the moderators and every one on the this great site, its helped me loads through the process.

    • 8 replies
    • 935 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  10. Mattwelsh13
    Started by Mattwelsh13,

    The South Wales Police website states that for applications made online or by downloading the application, applicants need to request a candidate registration form, from the recruitment department. I have requested this form and it arrived in the post for me today, but do i need to send it back seperately (i.e sooner than when my full application needs to be submitted) or should I send it with the rest of my application which has a deadline of early next month? Thanks Matt

    • 2 replies
    • 305 views
  11. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Forty day countdown to my D&C medical/fitness/uniform fitting and I'm hitting the gym four times a week for running, ab exercises, push/pull training and swimming. I have also stopped mainlining heroin and have thrown away my crack pipe (for good this time, honest!). Makeup hides the track lines and tranquilisers are controlling my jittery hands. Will these illegal substances still show up in my blood in forty days? Thanks in advance!

  12. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    Whats the dress code for day 2? Suited and booted or smart casual???

    • 7 replies
    • 231 views
  13. jz101
    Started by jz101,

    Hi, At what stage do you receive the vetting forms? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 511 views
  14. andrew001
    Started by andrew001,

    Hi I start training for a police officer on 5th Jan on GMP and i cannot wait. I applied 18 months ago. Just wondering if anyone has any information on what to expect from the training? how difficult it is, how many of you are on the intake? thanks in advance Andrew.

  15. Cosmic
    Started by Cosmic,

    Afternoon all, In a similar vein to my other thread; our start date of 5th Jan '09 at Hendon is fast approaching. I've being unable to find any information on the layout of the IPLDP course - to say that I'm curious would be a large understatement. Them who have knowledge of, or are currently/have experienced the course your views are appreciated. The course is 26 weeks in length - correct? Initial 5 weeks at Hendon before moving to a borough training base - correct? What is covered at Hendon? How many exams are there? What topics are covered; and when on the course? When do you eventually hit the station/beat? Is that not until the tutorship phase after the 26 …

    • 0 replies
    • 857 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.