Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. teejyuk
    Started by teejyuk * ,

    Hi, Wondering if anybody could offer any feedback on this. I am about to apply for the police, this is something i have always wanted to do but have been reluctant due to an eye injury picked up playing rugby. My main concern is that my Wife has a previous conviction for Theft of a motor vehicle and driving without insurance. In a moment of madness she took her sisters car without permission whilst she was 18 years old. This was 12 years ago and before we met. Is it still worth applying or should i not bother going through the application process. Thanks in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 478 views
  2. jz101
    Started by jz101,

    Hi, im new to the board... I applied for essex police in the recent recruitment window and am still waiting to hear back. BUT .. iv just been told that my father served a short prison sentence when he was about 20. Hes now 55 and i am 18. Will this affect my application? I really hope not as i wasnt even born! He made a mistake when young and is now a respectable man, he is a director of an extremely sucessful company and has not had any dealings with the police since. Cheeerrs in advance

  3. Gooner
    Started by Gooner,

    Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone can help me please? Does any one know if the written reports at the Assessment Centre are structured to be done a certain way? one book says it is and another says to just fill out the blank template to the best of your ability ???????

  4. zx7r1981
    Started by zx7r1981,

    Hi, I have just booked a place on the Talking blues course, has anyone used them before ...good / bad? Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 532 views
  5. misspc27
    Started by misspc27,

    Hi folks, What are the topics for the modules at Tulliallan? Much appreciated..

    • 5 replies
    • 347 views
  6. samwall
    Started by samwall,

    Hi H have just put my application in for cumbria and after reading into the minimum requirements for unaided vision i would fail the eye sight test, i only found this out after i got a letter from the police saying that my application is now pending and the next stage would be the assessment center. i phoned the resource department and explained that i was going to have laser eye surgery in the next 2 weeks because i really want to become a police officer, and i was told they put my application on hold till i have had the operation. can anyone tell me if this is going to be a problem for me? is this going to go against me in the long run with my application? and does ev…

  7. stuppl
    Started by stuppl,

    Are there any Officers in the process of transfer to Hereford or the rest of West Mercia? I am in the process having passed the interview in October and awaiting dates for fitness and medical. If all goes well I will be transferring as a Sergeant to Hereford. Any views, tips and advice would be most appreciated.

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  8. James579
    Started by James579,

    Passed all my stages and I'm waiting for that elusive conditional letter of employment Can' wait to start.

  9. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    heya all, just wondering what sort of things actually happen at the AC?? Just curious really, have applied for GMP and hoping to get to the AC in March. Any help would be appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 166 views
  10. SeanUK
    Started by SeanUK,

    Are there any West Mercia officers here that could answer a few questions about the force, specifically relating to structure, policies, postings and specialisms.

    • 5 replies
    • 908 views
  11. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    Please be aware that there are a few remaining rooms at the training centre for Student officers. If you wish to stay in the first week give them a call and reserve them. Reserved mine today. £16 I think a night. Cheaper than commuting.

    • 8 replies
    • 989 views
  12. SHIMP
    Started by SHIMP,

    Can anybody tell me what each section is broken into to add up your scores. I need 55% What does each count for? PIRT Written Interview Interactive Any idea?

    • 2 replies
    • 373 views
  13. hassall2406
    Started by hassall2406,

    Hi again just out of interest, does anyone have an idea of how long it takes for the west mids to do the vetting checks? Thanks again

    • 3 replies
    • 510 views
  14. dillu
    Started by dillu,

    Hello There all I had my assessment with MET on 27th Nov,still waiting for the results..how long will it take to get reply?

  15. brav0twozero
    Started by brav0twozero,

    I have my initial really soon and on my letter it states I should bring my naturalisation document, driving licence (both parts) and educuational certificates. Here's my wee problem. Ever since I moved house I can't seem to find my SQA results and on the application I put in what I could remember. Now that I've found them I may have put a B for English as opposed to a C. I really don't want this to be seen as an integrity issue as it was a genuine mistake and perhaps a little careless. I should have made absolutely sure before I wrote it down. Although as it was so long ago perhaps I did put down a C and my mind is playing tricks on me. Should I phone Jackton to set th…

    • 5 replies
    • 580 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.