Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Anyone else got their fitness test on the 4th December? How are you feeling and how much training have you done??
-
- 19 replies
- 1.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
allo my bellie is al over the place as i start my first day tomorrow at tally ho i know theres a few of us on here so are you all feeling the same ? gonna feel weird after wearing oily overalls for the last 12 years lol :ph34r: just hope im gonna be able to take evrything in anyway cya all in the morning and dont be late lol Oh what is everyone doing with there helmets ? and are you taking your kitbag and the workbook with you ?
-
Hi all Just wondering if those who have completed their A.C could give a bit of feed back to those who have not. Any parts of the day you found easier / harder than you expected? Anything you would suggest to concentrate on in preperation? Any other tips / advice? Thanks
-
Hi. Im starting with GMP on 5th January and have my uniform fitting next thursday. Ive been looking for some boots all week but cant decide which ones to get. My budget is around £50-£60 and i have narrowed my search down to 4-5 pairs. Thes one i have found are: Magnum Boot Classic CEN - http://policeinformationshop.patrolstore.c...-CEN-p-225.html S.W.A.T Classic Lace Up - http://www.gladstoneboots.com/acatalog/info_1_217.html S.W.A.T Side Zip - http://www.gladstoneboots.com/acatalog/info_1_166.html Bates Boot - 8" Tactical Sport Side Zip - http://www.patrolstore.com/Bates-Boots---8...ip-p-11482.html Magnum Elite Spider 8.0 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.…
-
- 25 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can anyone answer this? I have recently applied for Dyfed-Powys and submitted my application - Closing date is 17/12/08. South Wales Police are recruiting now - Closing date 12/12/08. Can I apply for South Wales Police also and have two applications in at once?
-
Hi all, bit of a situation, I applied for lancs constabulary PCSO in september, passed the papersift, then passed the assesment centre last week, and have my interview next week, but a few weeks after i applied, and not wanting to put all my eggs in one basket, when GMP opened up there applications i applied for the posistion of student officer, as luck would have it and after failing the year before , ive passed the papersift for the oct candidates. so my question is, is this naughty? can i run for both at once and see which one pays off? or so i risk loseing out on both if found out? thanks alot !
-
Hello all, I'm due to start on the 5th Jan '09 - staying at Finchley section house whilst at Hendon. A few of us were wondering how the section house is laid out and how it all works - I'm sure there are people on here who are already there or have stayed there, your assistance is appreciated. How many rooms are there per block? How are the kitchens/bathroom areas set out? I understand they're communal. Is there a lounge area? How many does it seat? Are there tv's etc. Are the blocks gender specific? (Someone mentioned that a few problems years ago caused this to happen...) What are the actual rooms like? Size, layout, etc. I know its a lot of questions, but…
-
- 7 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi any tips would be useful thanks Types of questions being asked. Are they about personal traits or all around core competencies? Got my Ac coming up for Cleveland in just over a month and wanted to give this some more thought. Any comments would be appreciated Cheers
-
Hi, it's taken me nearly two years to get accepted into GMP and was wondering what you tell people your occupation is on social events. Only my family know that ive joined and i shall tell close friends, but work in an enviroment where i meet a lot of people who will not be so happy for me. Basically was just wondering if you were on a night out and didnt feel comfortable with saying what you do, what do you tell them?? Thankyou
-
- 5 replies
- 523 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all. I am currentley waiting to attend my second Day 1 for the regualrs (only scored 53% on the first). I am keen to start gaining some policing experiance and as this appears to be a long application process (with a 6 month wait between attempts hopefully thre wont be anymore!!!) I have applied to the Specials, so that in the event of failing a second time around I will e able to make a start at somthing. In retrospect however I am concerned that this duel application may make it appear to both parties that I am not serious and am considering withdrawing my Special application. Any suggestions? Cheers N.
-
- 4 replies
- 477 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Im awaiting a date for the next AC date for Cleveland. Anyone else out there in the same boat. Any idea of the dates? Was told a while ago that it would be early next year. Would be nice to hear from anyone in the same boat as me. Cheers
-
- 11 replies
- 608 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Got the call today and I'm on the Jan 5th intake! I'm so happy, but not much time to prepare! For all those waiting keep your chin up you will eventually get the call!
-
Any news from anyone about the BTP recruitment process in Scotland. Not had any contact since passing the fitness. Was told the vetting is done last so that must be whats happening now. Anyone know how long this might take and if next intake will def be March? So near yet so far!!!
-
- 7 replies
- 528 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I can understand paying for the Docs time if I just requested my records for my own interest, but getting a Constabulary form signed should get a bit of discount, surely! Anyone had to pay a different amount?
-
Dear all, I am starting with Northumbria on Monday 23rd Oct and am trying to sort out my finances. With a police starting salary currently being 20'397, could anyone tell me approx how much you come out with every 4 weeks after tax, NI, pension & federation costs. In Northumbria, we get paid every 4 weeks, therfore making 13 pays annually so anyone with this same system, a response would be greatly appreciated! Cheers guys.x.