Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dannap
    Started by dannap,

    hi there ,i have my day 2 for the met in jan and was wondering if anyone else has had a day 2 for the met with asthma . I have heard it is judged by a case by case basis but was hoping to get an idea of other peoples experiences . My asthma is described as very mild and i only reguire a blue inhaler if i have a bad cold or chest infection .i go to the gym 5 days a week and play rugby twice a week and it does not bother me .i also used to be a special in scotland and never had any problems (even when sprayed cs).Does anyone think i will have am issue .

    • 2 replies
    • 364 views
  2. Ascot
    Started by Ascot,

    Hi there, My medical forms are all sent back now, but wondering how strict they are with sick days? I had 11 approx over 3 years although 7 of these were for a broken jaw, so i'd imagine they take that into consideration. Problem is, i don't have an exact figure for my previous job. I tried asking them but they said they don't have a record! Do they contact previous employers for this info?? And is there a limit on how many sick days you can have? Cheers people

    • 2 replies
    • 393 views
  3. jimmy_d_gmp
    Started by jimmy_d_gmp,

    Got the call today Can't wait, feel like I've been waiting forever for it. Anyone else??

  4. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    I'm poorly! Damn I hate this time of year!

    MadDogs&Englishmen
  5. captainconehead
    Started by captainconehead,

    Had my a/c over 2 weeks ago just wondering if anybody had received the dreaded letter yet?

    • 44 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. anna1545925590
    Started by anna1545925590,

    Hey to all out there, I attended the GMP Assessment Centre on the 28th November and finally got a letter today telling me I've passed!! So happy and very relieved...has anyone else who attended a November assessment centre, or was there when I was heard anything?

  7. kacknar
    Started by kacknar,

    hi all can i ask how do you know when the vetting has been complete? Ive had a few defaults within the last year or so a while ago (about 4 months ago) i was phoned by the vetting dept asking about some refrences just to double check there occupations but i havent heard anything im worried that my defaults wil lfail me even tho 2 of the defaults was for a 30 quid phone bill that i didnt relise was a problem etc im in no more than 500 quid debt so its totally manageable just when i lost my job a while ago i got a couple of defaults so got me worried. anyone know?

    • 2 replies
    • 567 views
  8. mk1982
    Started by mk1982,

    Does anyone know what I will be getting a month once I start my course at the beginning of the year? Finance sorting. Thanks J

    • 5 replies
    • 680 views
    k1ngy1546620134
  9. james2008
    Started by james2008 * ,

    Hi guys, I've just had my uniform fitting and the dream feels so so real now! however, I would like to ask your honest opinions on the trousers. They are having to be taken up a few inches before I start , yet they seemed very short to begin with! I know you cant have them like your casual jeans, but these may win the ankle swinging contest. I noticed a few officers as I was leaving that had better fitted trousers and were much longer! Opinions , advice guys! J.

  10. les_girondins
    Started by les_girondins * ,

    My brother is a convicted criminal (ex smack head). Drugs and breaking and entering/vagrancy etc. He's served time for violating his bail and parole as well. Most recent occurence was a year ago. We are not close. However he is technically my family. Are these things assessed on an individual basis and can you appeal a decision if rejected by vetting on these grounds? Or is it straight forward - criminality in the recent past pertaining to immediate family excludes the candidate (end of)? Cheers - Les

    • 4 replies
    • 427 views
  11. AB-G85
    Started by AB-G85,

    hi folks! just been looking at the grampian police website. I noticed that they are introducing a new critical thinking test (ctt). has anyone had any experience in this test or know anything about it? it's sounds interesting anyway!

    • 0 replies
    • 383 views
  12. cul8rm8
    Started by cul8rm8,

    I received my letter 4th December 08 informing me that I have progressed to the Background Enquiry Stage. I am trying to work out how quick I could begin training at Tulliallan. This of course would depend on my final interview, medical etc. (absolutely confident of passing). Anyone hazard a guess as to how quick it could be. ?

    • 1 reply
    • 195 views
  13. fm3637
    Started by fm3637,

    Hi, Anyone been on a Talking Blues training course, as they have one in Newcastle in January and I was thinking of attending.

    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  14. chrisglover41
    Started by chrisglover41,

    Had a phone call from recruitment yesterday confirming I've been given a place on the 5th Jan intake due to people dropping out! So looks like I'll be joining all you other lucky people for the information evening on the 16th. Have you got to wait until you receive the written confirmation before you can book your uniform fitting? Not got much time to get it done before Christmas have we. I can't wait to start, hope everyone else is excited as me! Looking forward to meeting some of you at the information evening. Anyone else on the intake from Liverpool? I'm hoping to work in F, L or one of the city centre divisions.

    • 35 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  15. Scrubble
    Started by Scrubble * ,

    Hello all, I have always wanted to join the police force since my GCSE days. My recruitment teacher told me the police valued life experience over University degrees. On that advice i have held off till now from applying. My situation is as follows. I am 21 years of age, white male. I have 3 A levels. I have travelled around the world, the bulk of which was in Australia. Total time outside of UK is almost 2 years. There is no period longer than 6months outside of england. (Popping home to see me ol' ma) I have no criminal convictions whatsoever. I am able to complate level 12 on the bleep test. Do 15 chin ups with my own body weight. I am 6ft 2inch tall and weigh …

    • 9 replies
    • 621 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.