Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dronganlad
    Started by dronganlad,

    hey I am joining up with the January intake to go to tulliallen, I have already done my week at Jackton. but wondering if any1 from ayrshire// kinda near ayr n surrounding area is goin up in this intake??/

    • 0 replies
    • 310 views
  2. Rob86k
    Started by Rob86k,

    Hello all, I am currently filling out my application for Herts and have made a few mistakes. I have not put my education and qualifications in the correct order i.e. what they ask for, from most recent to oldest. They are the only mistakes i have made and it was kind of due to me not reading it properly i guess, well more that for some stupid reason i did not think i needed to put my most recent ed and qualifications down (uni, which i have not finished). Do you think that this will effect my application? Apart from these mistakes i have made no more and i think my competency questions are solid. Any advice would be appreciated. Regards, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Rob

    • 3 replies
    • 325 views
  3. Mattwelsh13
    Started by Mattwelsh13,

    Hello, I am filling in my application and there isn't enough space for some of the sections to fill in my details. So i just attach a plain piece of paper as a continuation sheet or do i need to use a proper form or anything?? Thanks Matt

    • 2 replies
    • 302 views
  4. cm_851
    Started by cm_851,

    Hi This may sound completly stupid but I have just passed the met AC and am preparing for my day 2. I am absolutely dreading telling my bosses. To be fair they have been good to me and I am going to be taking quite a large wage drop to join the police. The thing is I want to secure my future and I have 2 yound kids. I want to know that I will be secure for the long run. When should I tell my employer? Should I wait till after my day 2 or now? I can honestly say im dreading it, has anyone else been in the same position? Carl

  5. iain-aberdeen
    Started by iain-aberdeen * ,

    Hi all, Just checking to see if anyone is joining grampian police on the 12th January 2009?

    • 4 replies
    • 606 views
  6. rnrstar
    Started by rnrstar,

    I passed assessment for GMP recently and so the next stage is an interview then medical, fitness, security checks etc which could take another 12 months before I'd start.... However I spoke to the CNC today who said I could transfer my application to them and go straight to medical/fitness in the new year thereby skipping the interview stage and starting much sooner.... There are lots of pro's and con's with both so I'd like to hear what you think if anyone's got any advice or suggestions? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 568 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  7. clarksonrob
    Started by clarksonrob,

    Got my AC next month for WMP,just wondering if any knows if the pass mark is still 50% overall and 50% for RRD.Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 228 views
  8. Benp87
    Started by Benp87,

    I recently got 57% on my day one assessment for the Met. They told me i can transfer my application over to another force who accept 50%. Has anyone got any idea how I go about this? Benp872008-12-15 20:54:16

  9. jameslin27
    Started by jameslin27,

    hi guys, can anyone help me understand how they work out your day 1 assessment overall score for met police? as i got 54% overall but got rrd 71% oral 93% and written 78% . I cant see how they worked out my results please help thanks!!, im thinking of ringing them as i have even added up my a to d scores and still works out at 66% which isnt a fail !!! thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 234 views
  10. shez1545925565
    Started by shez1545925565,

    hi there, i'm just about to apply to join the police service. However i'm worried about the medical. In the past i have suffered (for a few years) from depression and anxiety. Do the police always ask to see your doctors records? should i bring this up in the medical. however for the last 3 years i have attended university and have not had bad attendence (just time off for bereavment). I would love to do this job, and dont feel this past illness will affect me! what does everyone think, is likely to have a huge impact on my application? Has any one else had a issue like this? thanks

    NeeNaw1545925537
  11. yorkiebobbie
    Started by yorkiebobbie,

    Hi guys, Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere but I cant seem to find it.... Does anybody know the shift patterns / times for WMP?? Or is it different for different areas? I know im a while away from starting or even passing a/c but just curious... Thanks peeps p.s. Apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum... Yorkbobbie :ph34r:

    • 2 replies
    • 801 views
  12. shorteecake
    Started by shorteecake * ,

    Hi All, Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice regarding the Assessment Centre & Interview for Grampian. What should I expect and how should I prepare for this? Also, I am new to the area so if anyone can give me advice with regards to actually being an officer or probationer, etc within Grampian Police, that would be much appreciated. Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 457 views
  13. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    I am 36 and not in the best shape at 13 1/2 stone. Fitness test is Jan 5th, but Im getting in shape for the years AFTER that, not just for the test itself. I forked over a walletfull of cash to join the gym in Exeter half way through November and amazingly enough...I have actually BEEN! I worked out the bleep test is about 500m of actual running...so not too bad. I am running a hill profile on the treadmill...25 minutes at 10.5-12.5 kph, ramping up at the end. Doing chest presses, ab curls, tricep and bicep work plus latisimus exercises. Finally 20 lengths of the pool, followed by steam room, jacuzzi and a cold shower. I have been 12 days out of 14, probably contra…

    • 13 replies
    • 418 views
  14. james2008
    Started by james2008 * ,

    Hi guys, I'm due to start soon, and it states if I must wear spectacles with plastic lenses. It also says there current advice is not to wear contact lenses whilst on operational duties. Is there any issues with wearing contact lenses whilst on duty!? I'm guessing the reason behind this is encase you get CS or similar in your eye! I've always worn contact lenses so they are second nature to me, but surely the issue of wearing plastic lenses with frames may also pose a problem incase you get into a physical confrontation. Does anybody else wear contact lenses? Thanks J.

    • 4 replies
    • 633 views
    Tim in the South
  15. kacknar
    Started by kacknar,

    Hi all sorry to post yet another useless message as i said i got my information through about the westshire centre etc and a list of the competisies (sp?) now to prepare for the interveiw would i just think of a scenareo that fits each of the atrget areas as mcuh as possible and try memories them? also i work for NHS direct and some of the exaples i may have covered but oviously it would of been over the phone would they frown upon these as they wouldnt be so face to face? thanks for reading

    • 13 replies
    • 366 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.