Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. AB-G85
    Started by AB-G85,

    Hi folks, Just had a date through for my SET on the 12th jan 09! Just wondering if anyone else has had the same date for grampian police? Gettin all excited hope this is the start of something good!!

    • 0 replies
    • 423 views
  2. SierraOscar1231546620213
    Started by SierraOscar1231546620213,

    Evening All Just wondering who's got their acceptance for the West Yorkshire Police intake for February 2009? Also wondering if anyone's got any idea about the Uniform fitting and got any update about it? Can't wait to see the class of 2009 (february that is! ) Just going to hand my notice in tomorrow and make it all official!

    • 2 replies
    • 541 views
    SierraOscar1231546620213
  3. tally126
    Started by tally126,

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone had heard from Northumbria with regards to start dates for Feb/March, have you had any letters of appointment yet ? I had a provisional start date of the 8th Dec but got bumped back as they were reducing the size of the intake due to resources at Durham, i was told that i may be in the Feb intake but that was not definite and could be put back to March....this is taking forever as i applied July 2007...... Cheers Mark.

    • 16 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. londonman1010
    Started by londonman1010 * ,

    Hi all I was given the option of receiving a caution or a fixed penalty notice of 80 pounds for criminal damage in March 2006. It was my final year of university and, given my financial situation at that time, I took the caution as opposed to the fine. I have now been offered a job as a commercial lawyer and need to disclose any past convictions, cautions or reprimands (in the past 5 years). I am worried that this disclosure may impact my job offer. Can I now pay the fine retrospectively to replace my caution on the CRB? As further explanation, the incident occurred while walking home with 2 uni friends following my birthday night out (at about 2am and after drinking a…

    Tim in the South
  5. butt47jk
    Started by butt47jk,

    hi guys , in a nutshell i have failed the assessment centre twice (roleplays). i want another bash but feel embarrassed. the guys checking my next appliaction may notice two previous attempts and might feel that i am thick as a plank and overlook me citing that its not for me and that i am purely wasting their money and time . or have i got the wrong end of the stick and that each application is a new one regardless of previous attempts . anyone plzzzzzzzzzzzz is there anyone out there who has more than 2 attempts at the centre??

    • 20 replies
    • 850 views
  6. Marc_F
    Started by Marc_F,

    well im literally in the door from the good news, i got in!! final interview went very well, both were so nice to me and friendly so i got in, wondering if anyone else is gonna be in the January intake with me? said i was just too late for the last intake this year, so next january it is, probably around the 12th they said thought i'd share my good news! im over the moon!

    carol25scotland
  7. new-recruit
    Started by new-recruit,

    Hi, I am re-locating to work for the Met and I am initially staying in Section Housing for the 5 weeks but I am told I am eligable for Residential Quarters with my boyfriend after this. - Does anyone know anything about the accomadation? Good/Bad?? We are struggling to find any info on the Net so anyone know anything? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 577 views
  8. Sally2008
    Started by Sally2008 * ,

    Hi All, I am 39 and would like to apply to the police force. Does anyone know if older women are likely to be recruited and if there is a policy in force regarding age, other than the 18-60 limit? Thanks,, Sally

    • 9 replies
    • 784 views
    k1ngy1546620134
  9. CM_8511546620330
    Started by CM_8511546620330,

    I have just passed my day 1 and will be going for my day 2 on the 14th Jan for the met. I am really worried about my reference though because when I left my last job things did not go to smoothly. The sector I work in is highly competitive and my old company were going to sue me for breach of contract (I left to join a competitor). The things they accused me of were ridiculous and none of it was true. It never went any further than a couple of nasty letters but I am really concerned they will provide a bad reference. I know everyone says you cannot provide a bad one, but there is another post on here about the police withdrawing an application because of this. Has anyon…

    • 3 replies
    • 569 views
  10. lauraelliott
    Started by lauraelliott,

    Anyone starting with the Met on the 5th Jan?? And is anyone staying in Finchley section housing? See you there!! :):)

  11. ManchesterKathy1546620192
    Started by ManchesterKathy1546620192,

    Has anyone had their final interview for GMP recently? According to the website the topics covered in the interview are: Research; Resilience; Team Working; Personal Responsibility; Problem Solving and Respect for Diversity. Is this information still current? Do they ask other typical interview questions, like why you want to join the force etc? Thanks Kat

    • 2 replies
    • 676 views
    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  12. st. anderson
    Started by st. anderson,

    being a foreign national, i would have to reside in the uk for three years prior to applying... i figure if i were to attend college in the uk, this would take care of that requirement easily. however the question becomes - what college course(s) should I take, and are there any particular (or special) colleges I should attend? or another question: what, for example, did YOU do for your college schooling? if you have any advice or information please share ... i'm listening.

    • 1 reply
    • 451 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  13. Dorset_Boy
    Started by Dorset_Boy,

    What's your view if a person happen to join the police but don't have thier first language as English? What disadvanatges this could bring?

  14. cm_851
    Started by cm_851,

    I have just passed my day 1 and will be going for my day 2 on the 14th Jan for the met. I am really worried about my reference though because when I left my last job things did not go to smoothly. The sector I work in is highly competitive and my old company were going to sue me for breach of contract (I left to join a competitor). The things they accused me of were ridiculous and none of it was true. It never went any further than a couple of nasty letters but I am really concerned they will provide a bad reference. I know everyone says you cannot provide a bad one, but there is another post on here about the police withdrawing an application because of this. <?:n…

  15. michelle28
    Started by michelle28 * ,

    Hi, I had passed every stage of recruitment, got all my paper work through with an offical start date of 5th Jan 09 when one of my previous employers sent in a bad reference for me. I had fallen out with them and I had taken them to the employment tribunal to try and get my holiday pay. Anyway despite the fact that they took 3 other references for me which were all great, they withdrew my application because of this one reference. I have appealed and am also looking at taking legal action against these employers. I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or if anyone has been through the appeals process and how it works? Cheers Michelle

    • 6 replies
    • 830 views
    Tim in the South

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.